Half-Life 2 Website Launched

Everything seems to finally be falling into place. I'm so hyped right now. Even though I won't be able to play the game; I'm buying the special edition the minute it comes out.

i'm happy the official hl2 site is released not b/c it's a decent site, it really isn't, mostly b/c it's a sign that hl2 will be released soon

finally things are moving! (as said above) new website, Codename Gordon, E3, Alpha stage! Things are looking very good!

codename gordan is going to be the unnoficial demo to half life2 for me anyway

WHERES THE TRAILOR ON THE SITE?!?!?!? Iadad CANT FIND IT!

EDIT: me stupid

Chainer, it's quite old, I've had it for ages.

Six Three said:
use use wmp? ewww..
Why not? All I know is that skin is great. I rarely use it anyway. Regardless it looks great. :cheers:

Above is redundant I know. :dork:

Chainer said:
Why not? All I know is that skin is great. I rarely use it anyway. Regardless it looks great. :cheers:

Above is redundant I know. :dork:

i got the usaf as my skin.

Chris_D said:
Chainer, it's quite old, I've had it for ages.
Hey I'm not to fast on the uptake, last time I saw the site you couldn't link to anything, havent been back since, until now.

Chainer said:
Hey I'm not to fast on the uptake, last time I saw the site you couldn't link to anything, havent been back since, until now.

so you were one of those losers that abandoned valve?

I don't think this has been posted. But on the site it says this:
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL HALF-LIFE 2 WEBSITE.
Thanks for visiting the official Half-Life 2 Web Site. Please check this page for updates and links to news about the game, including information released next week at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (e3) in Los Angeles, CA.

Looks like they will be updating it soon:)

Official Box Art
Official Website
Renewed Disclosure from Valve
and a loose release date

Looks like things are moving forward rather quickly , hopefully summer is right. Im starting to get excited again.

Well thanks for the nice site but I mean, couldn't they have released a site like this AGES ago?

Space Cowboy said:
Well thanks for the nice site but I mean, couldn't they have released a site like this AGES ago?

they let sites like us gather the community and do the hyping. That way they could focus on doing other stuff.

Guess that makes sense. But it makes it harder for people new to HL to get into it if there is no official site for info.

Oh and in that trailer, wtf is that floating flying thingy when Gordon enters that courtyard with the column with the horse on top?

Nice. I am really enjoying this, although I wish this years E3 was the first time we hear about it.

Space Cowboy said:
Guess that makes sense. But it makes it harder for people new to HL to get into it if there is no official site for info.

Oh and in that trailer, wtf is that floating flying thingy when Gordon enters that courtyard with the column with the horse on top?

to me its looks like a scanner, but imo it is to big.

Looks more like an eagle, but it is going waaay too slow to be a bird, also birds tend to flap their wings. Could be a scanner but like you said it is pretty large.

Yeah, that trailer is pretty old IIRC, and I just watched it again, looks like a scanner to me

Shuzer said:
Not new! OMG NEWB! lol
How is it overdone?

the giant hovering headlines dominateing just about every page declaring it to be the second coming of christ... :angry: :devil:

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
the giant hovering headlines dominateing just about every page declaring it to be the second coming of christ... :angry: :devil:

..you mean it's not!? :angel:

Shuzer said:
Not new! OMG NEWB! lol

Actually, it's sorta-new. The carrier concept art we've seen before was extremely cropped and washed out. This version shows us the whole vehicle, and provides a name.

Anyone else notice that Combine machines are named after what they do?
Strider
Scanner
Carrier

The only one that doesn't fit is the gunship, but I don't think that's it's official name.

lmao its funny back in may of 2003 i thought this was the official Half Life 2 website. :E

Estevan said:
lmao its funny back in may of 2003 i thought this was the official Half Life 2 website. :E

uhh, hate to break it to you buddy, but that is the official hl2 website

Mechagodzilla said:
Actually, it's sorta-new. The carrier concept art we've seen before was extremely cropped and washed out. This version shows us the whole vehicle, and provides a name.

It was in last year's PC Gamer though

Back