Half-Life 2 Website Launched

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
uhh, hate to break it to you buddy, but that is the official hl2 website

i know that..im just saying that i THOUGHT this was the official site was back then.

*EDIT* im talking about HL2.net

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
uhh, hate to break it to you buddy, but that is the official hl2 website

He means THIS, as in halflife2.net

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Im gonna spread tihs all ovea teh priggen WORLs!

HaFL--EL2.nerty Lives@!!!11oneone

Death.Trap said:
I think it looks pretty nice. Loads smooth too-Is it flash?

No its not flash. I checked the source

ahah i had that problem, what you have to do is actually type in your address (i'm guessing you are using the windows thing where the emal gets automatically put in).

Just keep fiddling around and it'll work.

wonder when they are going to upload their own trailer to the site....IGN seems to ahve beaten them to it??!?!

Shuzer said:
Ah-hah, take THAT HL2World, maybe next time you'll believe Munro :)

Word!11

I dunno why, but got an adrenaline kick from watching the site... im sick... :naughty:

HL2 world did apologise...don't like their beta stuff but to be fair they aren't being stupid about Munro being right.

Rupertvdb said:
wonder when they are going to upload their own trailer to the site....IGN seems to ahve beaten them to it??!?!

The IGN version is a shakey cam version though

oh really? i thought it was just low quality... still...if they have a trailer to show?

the site is nice, but i expected something more spectacular tho ;)

neat anyways

i never really goto official sites for games so i was never that bothered what it looks like, i think it does just fine for what it is.

i dunno, like i say official websites are all very well but the game is best, let the awesome fan sites do their work.

Imo thats a really cool site, all they need is a forum! ;)

The website doesn't do the game justice ;). It seems like it was whipped up pretty fast. Not even scripted. Just easy-peasy html. :p

And... did anyone else think the music on the trailer was horrible? I'm going to be a pessimist and believe that the hl2 soundtrack is going to be just a bunch of boring goa crap, but now i'm moving into offtopicland and it's all probably been discussed before and btw i'm completely wrong. and, yes, yes, i know, 20 seconds of music from a trailer isn't necessarily representative of the whole game, but they could have picked a better song, certainly? I mean, this is really the first official trailer that we get from valve themselves (well, from the half life 2 web site none the less!), instead of like second-hand trailers! It's all rather disappointing. :(

nag.

Space Cowboy said:
Guess that makes sense. But it makes it harder for people new to HL to get into it if there is no official site for info.

Oh and in that trailer, wtf is that floating flying thingy when Gordon enters that courtyard with the column with the horse on top?

It's a Scanner. It's not too big; it's just really close. Just behind the Combine's head, methinks.

If you compare the Scanner concept art to the pic, you'll see they match up. It's a Scanner in flight mode.

Back