half life 3 for xbox 360 already planned ?

nal777

Reaction score
if a mod sees this thread to be more fitting elsewhere in the forums then so be it but i put this here because i believe this must be given the most coverage possible.

during a private XBOX 360 powerpoint presentation in spain some photos were taken and leaked.. of these, a very interesting shot came up - this one :

now, in the center of the pic you can clearly see half life being mentioned.. but then it gets less clear. i believe the number is indeed a three (3), after some photoshopping to ehance the image one can come up with the following :

Discuss.

Bah. Could be easily dubbed. Half-Life 3 hasn't even started being developed, yet.

I don't believe anything unofficial.

Yeah Gabe is so going to work on a console after he back talked them...ITS A 2 people think its a 3 because they want it to be.

Yes it's a 2. In one pic it's clearly a 2. In others the "3" is very blurry and in another font than the other text. Dubbed.

See? And old uninformative dubbed picture. Half-Life 3 on Xbox 360? Yeah, you wish.

Isn't XNA a PC thing as well as XBox 360 anyway? Besides, even if that list did say Half-Life 3 (looks like a 2 to me), it's only talking about Engines. No surprise that a HL3 engine would be available to work on 360, but doesn't mean HL3 itself would be planned.

That doesnt even make sense. Why would it come out on a console before a PC version was never even metioned?

xzeox said:
That doesnt even make sense. Why would it come out on a console before a PC version was never even metioned?

Because you guys got Crosby.

xzeox said:
come again?

yeah... ok.. (>....psyco....)

Don't tell me you don't even know who the Penguins have acquired...

SixThree said:
Don't tell me you don't even know who the Penguins have acquired...

umm... wha? but, huh? meh? deh?

just because its mentioned that it will be coming to xbox 360 doesn't mean it will be on console first. Why wouldn't hl3 be on xbox 360 if hl2 is on xbox.

Scared me there for a second, I was sweating that HL3 was gonna be developed for all systems. Needs to be released and developed for the PC then ported to the consoles AFTER its perfected on the PC

Yes it's a 2. In one pic it's clearly a 2. In others the "3" is very blurry and in another font than the other text. Dubbed.
It's a 3, go look at my post in games. here I will go drag the pic up again.
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18271&d=1122837383

can you honestly tell me that, that is a 2?
All I did was open this up in windows picture viewer, and zoomed it and then opened it in paint to make it smaller and do the right side.
You better reply or im pming this to you.

I zoomed it in photoshop and used the sharpening tool and by the pic attached it IS a 3...

Ok so I was messin, but I really do think it's a 3. It can be planned for XBOX 360, BUT will be out for PC first. I'm sure a lot of us knew HL2 would be out for regular XBOX for a loooong time even while the PC one was still in the works.

Attachments

• HL3.gif
    HL3.gif
    58.1 KB · Views: 265
I've already seen that, looks like a 2 to me, but it's really blurry :p

I zoomed it in photoshop and used the sharpening tool and by the pic attached it IS a 3...
lol
Anyway..

I've already seen that, looks like a 2 to me, but it's really blurry
If you can honestly think it's a 2 from my post yur high.

Anyway, maybe there included XNA support so they can give SOURCE to the Xbox 360 developers so they get more money.

Someone should email gabe...infact I will..

You'll also notice that Half-Life isnt hyphenated. I don't really trust that pic now ;D

I don't believe anything unofficial.
This is an official XNA roadmap from Microsoft.

XNA IS A CROSS PLATFORM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT. FOR PC AND XBOX 360. NOT JUST 360.

thanks.

Anyone remember when they "announced" Half-Life 2 for the xbox a year before Half-Life 2 was even announced in the first place? More than likely this is just some stooge getting his wires crossed. This IS Microsoft after all.

UndeadScottsman said:
Anyone remember when they "announced" Half-Life 2 for the xbox a year before Half-Life 2 was even announced. More than likely this is just some stooge getting this wires crossed. This IS Microsoft after all.
You are aware that the X-Box version is still on its way right? It was shown at E3.

kupoartist said:
You are aware that the X-Box version is still on its way right? It was shown at E3.

Yes, that was sort of my point... Some stooge got his wires crossed and put up something that he wasn't supposed to.

I mean, we KNOW Valve is going to make a Half-Life 3; they've said as much. We also know they don't want a six year developement time like HL2. We can also infer that they're likley to port it to the latest system, which should be the 360's generation. This whole thing probably came out of Gabe saying something like they would probably do a 360 port when they eventually do Half-Life 3. Some stooge got his wires crossed and threw that up as an official announcement.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

How come under 'Game engines' it says 'halflife 3'... shouldnt it say source?

UndeadScottsman said:
Yes, that was sort of my point... Some stooge got his wires crossed and put up something that he wasn't supposed to.

I mean, we KNOW Valve is going to make a Half-Life 3; they've said as much. We also know they don't want a six year developement time like HL2. We can also infer that they're likley to port it to the latest system, which should be the 360's generation. This whole thing probably came out of Gabe saying something like they would probably do a 360 port when they eventually do Half-Life 3. Some stooge got his wires crossed and threw that up as an official announcement.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Oh right, I see :). Well, that's pretty much the problem here anyway. This is a powerpoint presentation, and even if it says HL3, it's just hypothetical as you say. As I said earlier, as there will be a HL3 engine, it's pretty fair to say that it'll be on 360 even if HL3 itself is not.

gweedodogg69 said:

Ok so I was messin, but I really do think it's a 3. It can be planned for XBOX 360, BUT will be out for PC first. I'm sure a lot of us knew HL2 would be out for regular XBOX for a loooong time even while the PC one was still in the works.
Dubbed. So obvious. You just wrote that in.

iMMuNiTy said:
Dubbed. So obvious. You just wrote that in.
Bravo...

Look at the second part of his post. He admits he faked it, just to mess around.

Either way my post still stands on thats it's a 3.

Minerel said:
Either way my post still stands on thats it's a 3.

Whats great is that VALVe probably hasn't started on ANYTHING for the 3rd one. :LOL:

DiSTuRbEd said:
Whats great is that VALVe probably hasn't started on ANYTHING for the 3rd one. :LOL:
I do doubt that. They probably have discussed it a couple of times.

why so many get scared of half-life3 for xbox360?

"news:half-life3 is coming to xbox360"

"fanboy: OMFG NOOOOOO HALF-LIFE ON CONSOLE AITS TEH APOCALIPSYE AAAHAHAHA NOOOOO!!!111ONE"

Because these are lies. Even if it's 3 out there, how does one know that the pic isn't faked?

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. On an official website, not in imageshack.

iMMuNiTy said:
Because these are lies. Even if it's 3 out there, how does one know that the pic isn't faked?

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. On an official website, not in imageshack.
Seconded. I do think and hope it's a three, but until it's official? Nah.

Uriel said:
Scared me there for a second, I was sweating that HL3 was gonna be developed for all systems. Needs to be released and developed for the PC then ported to the consoles AFTER its perfected on the PC

Exactly.

I thought in the PC Gamer interview it said that a "Half-Life 3 is already in the works".

Oh, I guess Half-Life 2 didn't exist after Half-Life was released. It is most likely being developed. Probably since Half-Life 2 came out, since they do have the engine ready.

Back