Half Life in Source Engine!!!!!

A real bad effect!

Anybody noticed the effects when he hit that zombie with the crowbar in the 600mb trailer? They used the old green "blip" from the original half-life. If anybody knows if they have changed it pleas reply or hotmail me... :bounce:

It actually would not be too difficult to do - if the original worldcraft map files were released they could be converted over in the new version of hammer.

I had thought about doing something similar, and I even made the first map, but I just didn't have the time to continue. My basic plan was to have Gordon sneak into some abandoned tunnels (through a hidden opening under the alter of an old church no less) that led back to Black Mesa. Essentially, you would retrace your route backwards through the complex. Eventually you would end up back at the test cheamber, where you would need to close the original portal you opened. The plot was full of twists and turns (for instance you stumble upon the "scientist cloning room"), but I won't give more away. Who knows, maybe I'll start again with the new engine!

Originally posted by urseus
I read in a gabe interview that "there will be a few familiar locations, but thats all im saying on that".

I rekon that you will go back to black mesa twards the end of the game, if only for a little bit. Maybe youll go on the rail system or something to find another crystal to send the aliens back.
*cough* Black Mesa was nuked *cough* It's been fried *cough* gone *cough* kaput *cough*
MAN, I need some cough medicine.

-Vert

Maybe they built another Black Mesa??? Could be part of the plot that you have to shut it down before anything bad happens... or something. Idunno...

Originally posted by Bad^Hat
Maybe they built another Black Mesa??? Could be part of the plot that you have to shut it down before anything bad happens... or something. Idunno...

What are you supposing? :bounce:

uhm he was supposing on the interview with gabe newell when he says that you will revisit some familiar location.

This is interesting indeed. Bmrf was nuked. What kind of familiar location we will revisit?
Maybe the lambda complex has been "saved" by the nuke?
I mean, the lambda complex may be something really important and such... and also lambda is the hl2 logo...

Back