Half-Life vs. Halo(not what you think)

jet jaguar

Reaction score
Gordon vs. Master Chief - I give the edge to MC because while both have suits equipped with a personal protective shield, MC's suit recharges automatically after a few seconds while Gordon has to go looking for a recharging station. Otherwise, they're pretty equal in terms of ability.

Xen Aliens vs. The Covenant - This is tricky because while the Xen Aliens have formidable physical attributes, they don't seem to be able to use technology as adeptly as the Covenant do. Physically the Covenant have nothing to match the likes of the Xen heavyweights like the Gargantua(?) and Tentacle but their ability to use advanced weapons systems like the Wraith and Banshee more than make up. Edge goes to the Covenant.

Half-Life Marines vs. Halo Marines - Both show an ability to use stationary heavy weapons. Both show an aptitude for atleast a simple level of tactical judgement. But the HL Marines are more aggressive and more tough. They are especially talented at flushing you out with a few well-placed grenades. Edge goes to the Half-Life Marines.

Hive-hand vs. Needle Gun - Two well-matched weapons. The Hive-hand has a regenerating ammo count while the needle gun ammo explodes after contact thus increasing it's effectiveness. Both weapons feature ammo that can lock on and home in on targets. Draw.

The G-Man vs. Guilty Spark - No contest. Guilty Spark is little more than a floating, deranged C3P0. On the other hand, the G-Man would give serial killers the creeps. Edge, G-Man.

Final score: Draw

No. Gordon has much better ability - he can carry an unlimited number of weapons and use them in a variety of different ways in any specific situation (eg machine gun with grenade launcher, rocket with laser or not). Master chief's only ability is to throw two different types of grenades whenever he wants - big deal.

Xen aliens have the upper hand. Sure, they may not have lots of high-tech weapons etc, but they can teleport in anywhere at any time, which is a far superior ability to any technology the covenant have.

Hive hand is superior because it has two firing modes - rapid fire if the enemy is right there, or seeking if they're far away. I believe it has a much much longer range than the needler does also (I used it extensively in xen to kill the controlelrs).

Oops, I forgot about Gordon's magical sack of holding...that didn't come out right. You know what I mean. Advantage goes back to Gordon because MC can only carry two weapons(not including grenades) at a time.

Hey, finally an interesting thread about HL2 and H2. :)
Well, I'd say a draw on the MC and Gordon, Gordon has the weaponry and the master chief has his recharging shield.
Thenagain, if the MC's shield is gone, it takes just a few hits to get him killed, and Gordon is a pretty hard one when it comes to that.

jet jaguar said:
Gordon vs. Master Chief - I give the edge to MC because while both have suits equipped with a personal protective shield, MC's suit recharges automatically after a few seconds while Gordon has to go looking for a recharging station. Otherwise, they're pretty equal in terms of ability.

Xen Aliens vs. The Covenant - This is tricky because while the Xen Aliens have formidable physical attributes, they don't seem to be able to use technology as adeptly as the Covenant do. Physically the Covenant have nothing to match the likes of the Xen heavyweights like the Gargantua(?) and Tentacle but their ability to use advanced weapons systems like the Wraith and Banshee more than make up. Edge goes to the Covenant.

Half-Life Marines vs. Halo Marines - Both show an ability to use stationary heavy weapons. Both show an aptitude for atleast a simple level of tactical judgement. But the HL Marines are more aggressive and more tough. They are especially talented at flushing you out with a few well-placed grenades. Edge goes to the Half-Life Marines.

Hive-hand vs. Needle Gun - Two well-matched weapons. The Hive-hand has a regenerating ammo count while the needle gun ammo explodes after contact thus increasing it's effectiveness. Both weapons feature ammo that can lock on and home in on targets. Draw.

The G-Man vs. Guilty Spark - No contest. Guilty Spark is little more than a floating, deranged C3P0. On the other hand, the G-Man would give serial killers the creeps. Edge, G-Man.

Final score: Draw

AAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, can't we ban people who make these threads?

Spartan said:

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, can't we ban people who make these posts?

we11er said:
AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately not, but perhaps if we look nicely at one of the moderators. :)

we11er said:
AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

So basicly you are asking for a ban.

There nothing wrong about this thread, not yet. Until someone starts flaming about which game is better but that isn't the subject of this thread.

About Gordon vs Master Chief, difficult. But dont forget that Gordon can pick objects with his grav gun and use it as a shield. And if MC throws grenades Gordon can try to throw them back with that gun. MC has his automatically recharging shield but because Gordon can carry more weapons it's a small victory for Freeman

And the Xen aliens vs the Covenant. We don't know all the ememies of HL2 yet but as far as I've seen they have some advanced weapons too, like the striders and the flying gunships. The Covenant has things like banshees and a very powerfull personal weapon which reminds me of an rpg but it shoots an highly explosive plasma ball. But I can't remember the name of it. So it's a draw.

Hive-hand vs Needle Gun, I liked the needle gun more because of the explosion effect which is quite powerfull when you hit your enemy with a lot of those needles.

Half-Life Marines vs Halo Marines, according from what I remember the HL marines could resist a little bit more damage. And they have better tactics.

G-Man vs Guilty Spark
The G-Man is still the coolest character I've seen in any game, so that's an easy choice.

Conclusion
Eh, there isn't really a winner because HL2 wins some and H2 wins some, so you need to find out how important Hive-hand vs Needle Gun is compared to about Gordon vs Master Chief for mexample. And that's not possible. And who wins if Gordon has to fight against MC while Gordon has it's Hive-Hand and MC has it's Needler gun?

Spartan said:

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Way to ruin a thread, dipshit.

I think MC and gordon are pretty evenly matched, but Xen would beat covenant hands down.
Also, the marines in halo are kinda pansies, theyd get beaten as well

as for the gman - is it even worth something competing against him?

Edit: forgot about the hive hand. IMO that guns bites the big one, needler wins easy.

My personal opinion: HL2 shit pwn Halo shit

The real world: After reading the Halo books, trust me, MC would pwn Gordon.

Gordon is still my favorite though. =D

cmon its not even a fair fight,master chief is a 7 feet tall freaking cyborg!

wayne white said:
cmon its not even a fair fight,master chief is a 7 feet tall freaking cyborg!

And Gordon is an invincible scientist!

and mc cannot die from falling unlike gordon, at least that is my impression! Oh, can gordon float around in space? dont think so!

one last thing - what about the relentless flood? i think if u were comparing enemies of gordon and mc, then it would be fair to make it like the flood and the covenant vs. then xen

Good thread, really, the idea is great since it's not about the games themselves but who would win in a "real" clash between the armies of the games. :D

I'm not sure who would win, it's a bit of a tie in most situations.

Gordon vs MC for instance..
Master Chief has his armor and the shield which makes him pack a good punch before he's even physically damaged, and Gordon has his HEV suit which while he doesn't go unhurt it protects him fairly well.

Master Chief has futuristic weapons and two kinds of grenades, and just raw strength and speed. Gordon however has alot of weapons to choose between but they're not as lethal since they're todays weapons.
But he is very smart and agile, using the surroundings to hide and shoot from highly strategic positions, which he proved in the resonance cascade, it'd be a very, very even fight in my opinion, but Master Chief would probably win in the end.

Xen aliens versus Covenant aliens..

Well, the Xen aliens have their teleporting abilities, but they are highly unorganised and doesn't seem to have any kind of ranks, unlike the covenant which are as smart and organisational as a human army. They also have many kinds of technology and weaponry at their hands.
At higher levels like Garg's versus wraith-drivers it'd be a tougher and more even fight, but I think the covenant would win.

Lower level Xen monsters versus the Flood..Hm..
I mean the most basic monsters by lower level, such as headcrabs, houndeyes and zombies. The basic lifeforms of the Flood would be very swift and ruthless infecting many basic xen species before the xen monsters would hit back, but snarks, headcrabs, houndeyes and bullsquids would form a very lethal army versus their infected former friends. The Flood would only have a basic collective intelligence and consciousness and with a basic weapon understanding, they'd pack a big mean punch.

Then again, the Xenians would organise their species in a effect albeit simple fashion, perhaps send Snarks to sacrifice themselves and attack exploding carrier-forms and drag surrounding Flood lifeforms with them into eternity. Headcrabs would attack infected human beings and xen creatures like vortigauns, and use them against the Flood.

Houndeyes would quickly move together in groups like they did in Half-Life and use their shockwave capabilities, rapidly wiping out many Flood-creatures at once, and combining that with their high runspeed and group instinctsthey'd deal devastating damage to the Flood.

The bullsquids are aggressive, highly territorial lonewolfs, and would be best for defense and holding gained battlegrounds. They have much more musclemass than any human being could ever achieve, and hard lizard hide on their skin. They can also spit blobs of acid on their enemies, so gaining territory and putting out a few bullsquids around the areas would be a great way to defend them incase the Flood would get there once again, and with enough effort a single bullsquid could easily defend a fairly big area against the Flood.

I think the lower Xenian species would win pretty easily, mainly because of their telepathic skills and being able to work together in a manner not unlike the way I described it.

The Halo Marines versus Half-Life Marines

The Halo marines are skilled and highly trained for their purpose, but the Half-Life marines are simply a big mean terminator-force. They are merciless, tough and swift, and would quickly erase the halo marine army.

G-man versus Guilty spark..

The G-man and Guilty spark are both evil and highly intelligent. They'd just become allies and work together for world domination. Muhahaha.

If that was unconsiderable, it'd be a draw. The G-man tends to corrupt corporations and control them like a dollhouse in his favor, but Guilty Spark consists of highly advanced AI and would foresee most things G-man would do against him. It'd be like a game of chess. But the G-man would know that of course, and work in ways against it. Hard to say, it's definitely a draw.

The final score would be a draw, and that's very fair. Both games armies and warriors have different qualities and it'd be hard to decide a definite winner, in my opinion. :)

gordons suit vs mchiefs suit vs samus suit=

samus wins.

jet jaguar said:
Oops, I forgot about Gordon's magical sack of holding...that didn't come out right. You know what I mean. Advantage goes back to Gordon because MC can only carry two weapons(not including grenades) at a time.

yeah, the HEV has cartoon pockets, ya can pull anything outa there.

Almost every fps has the mystery of how the hell can they hold so many guns and all that ammunition. the Star Trek elite force games had a clever solution. They had a little personal transporter thing that let them like materialize their guns out of a pattern buffer or something like that.

Anyway, Suit battles aren't very fair though. Master Chief or the Metroid suit have an advantage because in their game, they have space travel and what not, where as gordon's suit does what it does in a less advanced era. so comparitively to their plots and worlds, gordon's suit is the better one. Hell, if they were connected at all, as far as being the same game world, perhaps the HEV evolved into the MC suit by the time they were able to clone MC and space travel to the ring-world.

Yeah, but samus has done a hellovalot more than Gordon or MC. :)

Gordon's weapons are just much more powerful and versitle than MCs. His rocket launcher is laser guided, he can shoot through walls, the gluon gun is super duper powerful, the hive hand can reach around obstacles, and so on.

Plus he has LONGJUMP MODULE!!!!!

jet jaguar said:

You also forgot to mention that the MC has been training for combat since he was 6, and has had all sorts of treatments to enhance his physical and mental abilities. Gordon, on the other hand, was a pencil-pusher up until the resonance cascade. Gordon could have a million weapons in his bag, he still doesn't know how to use them very well.

Well, between the Covenant and the Combine, I think the Combine win hands down. I'm not very well versed on the Halo universe, but in sheer cool-factor, I think the Combine have the edge. Plus they have Striders, which, unless there's something really big in Halo 2, kinda steps on most things Covenant. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

-Angry Lawyer

Vinnie_NL said:
There nothing wrong about this thread, not yet. Until someone starts flaming about which game is better but that isn't the subject of this thread.

About Gordon vs Master Chief, difficult. But dont forget that Gordon can pick objects with his grav gun and use it as a shield. And if MC throws grenades Gordon can try to throw them back with that gun. MC has his automatically recharging shield but because Gordon can carry more weapons it's a small victory for Freeman

And the Xen aliens vs the Covenant. We don't know all the ememies of HL2 yet but as far as I've seen they have some advanced weapons too, like the striders and the flying gunships. The Covenant has things like banshees and a very powerfull personal weapon which reminds me of an rpg but it shoots an highly explosive plasma ball. But I can't remember the name of it. So it's a draw.

Hive-hand vs Needle Gun, I liked the needle gun more because of the explosion effect which is quite powerfull when you hit your enemy with a lot of those needles.

Half-Life Marines vs Halo Marines, according from what I remember the HL marines could resist a little bit more damage. And they have better tactics.

G-Man vs Guilty Spark
The G-Man is still the coolest character I've seen in any game, so that's an easy choice.

Conclusion
Eh, there isn't really a winner because HL2 wins some and H2 wins some, so you need to find out how important Hive-hand vs Needle Gun is compared to about Gordon vs Master Chief for mexample. And that's not possible. And who wins if Gordon has to fight against MC while Gordon has it's Hive-Hand and MC has it's Needler gun?

Question was XEN Aliens vs the halo thingies :p and i have one point... not huge spoiler
COMBINES ARENT XEN ALIENS!!! SO STRIDERS AND GUNSHIPS ARENT XEN!!! OK?

Have a nice day ^^

Skribz said:
and mc cannot die from falling unlike gordon, at least that is my impression! Oh, can gordon float around in space? dont think so!
True, but what about the fact that THE MASTER CHIEF CAN'T EVEN SWIM. At least Gordon doesn't sink to the bottom of the pool every time he jumps in!
Rocketman9mm said:
yeah, the HEV has cartoon pockets, ya can pull anything outa there.

Almost every fps has the mystery of how the hell can they hold so many guns and all that ammunition. the Star Trek elite force games had a clever solution. They had a little personal transporter thing that let them like materialize their guns out of a pattern buffer or something like that.
I thought half-life had something like that. Remember those little green tubes that players dropped in DM (and on xen). I figured those were where they "magically held" all the weapons in some kind of "really really small" storage state... or something like that.

Lanthanide said:
No. Gordon has much better ability - he can carry an unlimited number of weapons and use them in a variety of different ways in any specific situation (eg machine gun with grenade launcher, rocket with laser or not). Master chief's only ability is to throw two different types of grenades whenever he wants - big deal.

Xen aliens have the upper hand. Sure, they may not have lots of high-tech weapons etc, but they can teleport in anywhere at any time, which is a far superior ability to any technology the covenant have.

Hive hand is superior because it has two firing modes - rapid fire if the enemy is right there, or seeking if they're far away. I believe it has a much much longer range than the needler does also (I used it extensively in xen to kill the controlelrs).

yea maybe true but it is actually more believable in halo... can you honestly see a soldier carrying 10 weapons at the same time... i think not...

Gordon > Master Chief

One hit from the fully-charged gauss gun and MC would be lying on his back wondering what hit him.

Besides, the rechargeable shield only helps when u can be a pu$$y and hide behind a rock or something to let it recharge, Gordon would not give MC a second's rest.

I agree that Master Chief's experience would be the deciding factor. I also think his regenerating suit would allow him to wear down Gordon with hit and run tactics.(assymetric warfare?)
Although given time for preparation, perhaps Gordon's scientific mind could come up with a plan to trap the chief? I guess the many unknown variables make this question a hard call..

Lanthanide said:

when i read the first post i wanted to cry. Lanthanide summed up my corrections. thanks man and btw this is the first time im interested in a H2 v HL2 thread

Tkmaster said:
yea maybe true but it is actually more believable in halo... can you honestly see a soldier carrying 10 weapons at the same time... i think not...

You forget about Gordon's magical sack!

Oh and please restrict this thread to Half-Life and Halo subjects since we don't know about all the new weapons and enemies in HL2 and Halo 2. Next week though, that all changes. :bounce:

Maybe this could be the start of a new mod for HL2? A team of MC and his Space Marines VS Gordon and Grunts. This way we can see once and for all, who is the best! :angel:

mike-e-mon said:
Maybe this could be the start of a new mod for HL2? A team of MC and his Space Marines VS Gordon and Grunts. This way we can see once and for all, who is the best! :angel:

The team who got better players ^^

Spartan said:

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously....STOP READING THESE THREADS!!!! IT'S YOUR FAULT YOUR PISSED OFF, BECAUSE YOU READ IT!!! IF YOU SEE A THREAD WITH HALO2 and HALF-LIFE 2 IN THE SAME SENTENCE, THEN DON'T COME IN TO THE THREAD. Geez....

STOP STOP! What a load of SHIT! Mc eats dick!.... sorry. Im mad about these peolpe that dont realise that Halo is a meere copy of HL... c'mon, the Flood? what the **** is that??? Oh yeah... the Headcrabs ugly cousine... react, people. (sorry if i ofended anyone... and forgive my spelling)

Gordon could kill MC easy, because MC runs like he's in 5 feet of water, while gordon runs like a sprinter who's butt is on fire!

Back