Halflife1 ingame movie from hl2techdemo

roxXx

Reaction score
Hi there,

I made this avi couse some people dont have Halflife1 and could not see it.

DOWNLOAD

I hope u enjoy it, my skills are very limited but i wanted to support the community on some way :cool:

btw, what u think of it?

Note!: its a rar file! (save target as...)

I didn't think the HL1 engine had hardly any physics:p

How in the world did you get a .rar file to think it's an .avi?

Really that's quite an achievement.

Now how the hell do I get this to play?

Originally posted by -*Mi6*-Mr_Matt

Probably open it in winrar :dozey:

yes ore just rename the file .rar now its .avi :p

I opened it in winrar, and that was an awful lot of wasted file size playing the sierra and valve logos.

Made me laugh how the soda machine bounced vertically upwards and exploded, oh so crappy, heheh. Reminds you how ancient the old Half-Life engine is.

I opened it in winrar, and that was an awful lot of wasted file size playing the sierra and valve logos.

Made me laugh how the soda machine bounced vertically upwards and exploded, oh so crappy, heheh. Reminds you how ancient the old Half-Life engine is.

lol, valve and sierra all the way :)

Hitmans physics were always amazing for its day...:cheers:

Mr_Matt that's Windows for ya: when it sees a double extension it tries to protect the *user* from mistakes so it automatically changes the 2nd extension from .rar to .avi so u end up with a blah.avi.avi file. Just rename it to blah.avi.rar and open it with winrar (and if you don't know what winrar is just use google u asshat).

Now about the movie: I laughed my ass off when the vending machine went through the kachinko(sp?) machine hehe. It bounced all over the place and made everything blow up, so funny! :)

The barrels went through quite clean, as you'd expect from HL1 engine. That was ok. Too bad some mod-maker didn't soup up a manipulator gun, i believe it is possible, but will require some effort, and of course you couldn't do any cool stuff with it. The giant swing that kills the player is just..hilarious XD I also love the way how it moves so jittery as it's coming to a stop.

It's amazing how fast technology moves....

But HL2's physics are coming close to reality, so not that much farther it can go.:eek:

Is there a video out which just shows the HL2 tech demo?

RoxXx, I appreciate you making the footage of my map available for those who don't have Half-Life to run the map, but I had a few problems with this. Firstly, it would have been nice of you to add to the credits my name, as I spent my own free time creating the map and the fact that only your name is present makes it seem as if you created the map yourself.

Secondly, you ran the map improperly. Your supposed to run the map via console, not thru lan or internet game. The map was designed so that there would be actual soldiers who you could kill by the traps I set up. In an internet or lan created game, monsters and scripted sequences do not function. (Unless you explicitly enable this through console commands. ie: mp_allowmonsters 1)

Anyways, as always, im glad people enjoyed my map. By the way, about 90% of the stuff you seen in my map was painstakingly timed and scripted to function just right. Only 10% was left to the actual physics of Half-Life 1. This is one of the reasons I can't wait for HL2. I will finaly be able to concentrate on other things pertaining to gameplay, instead of having to spend hours emulating physics effects through complex scripting of the Half-Life entities.

:cool:

I just watched the HL2 techdemo video about five times...i almost wet my pants. It really shows what the source engine is capable of!!1!

There is no question about whether i'm upgrading for this game now, i simply must have those effects.:eek:

Originally posted by Adam
RoxXx, I appreciate you making the footage of my map available for those who don't have Half-Life to run the map, but I had a few problems with this. Firstly, it would have been nice of you to add to the credits my name, as I spent my own free time creating the map and the fact that only your name is present makes it seem as if you created the map yourself.

Secondly, you ran the map improperly. Your supposed to run the map via console, not thru lan or internet game. The map was designed so that there would be actual soldiers who you could kill by the traps I set up. In an internet or lan created game, monsters and scripted sequences do not function. (Unless you explicitly enable this through console commands. ie: mp_allowmonsters 1)

Anyways, as always, im glad people enjoyed my map. By the way, about 90% of the stuff you seen in my map was painstakingly timed and scripted to function just right. Only 10% was left to the actual physics of Half-Life 1. This is one of the reasons I can't wait for HL2. I will finaly be able to concentrate on other things pertaining to gameplay, instead of having to spend hours emulating physics effects through complex scripting of the Half-Life entities.

yo,

im srry about that i just dident think about tha, it was a rush made avi :D i even spelt my own name wrong in the movie as u can see.

anyway im editing the topic and put u in it, as soon as i can there seem to be some problems whit site right now i cant edit :)

btw, nice map, is there any change u can add that new gun from hl2 in it ? the manipulator ore whatever.

(maybe i just make new movie whit bots in it and ure name and mail :p soz m8:)

Its ok, as long as you atleast add my name to the readme file.

Yes there is a mod that has a weapon sorta like the manipulator gun.
Adminop does this. But its for administration of TFC servers. (Sorta like adminmod, only combined with NeoTF and extras)

How do you make AVI's from ingame of Half-life?

im making a new movie as im chatting now, whit ure tips about the bots was great!

whats ure full name plz?

how do i actually view this file? i downloaded it and i guess im supposed to put the .wad, and .bsp into the maps folder?

Originally posted by bizzy420
how do i actually view this file? i downloaded it and i guess im supposed to put the .wad, and .bsp into the maps folder?

Yeah, extract it to the directory specified in the .txt then do "/map hl2_techdemo" in console

is it possible to view it with CS? i dont have half lfie, i only played it thru steam. is there anything i can do?

Haha, there is a manipulator gun for HL1. A friend of mine had a server side mod on a server called The Sillyzone that made an ent moving gun. Later some other mods stole his idea, which is where you may have first seen it. I swear valve stole the idea from him since he first created the "wenis gun" a couple of years ago.

Originally posted by Adam

damn u beat me to it, adam

It ain't working for me either :-(

Trying to download the actual map now, but its SLOW. I have no idea why though, its not like everyone would be downloading something all at once now is it .... !

what movie?

I already played a map like that, the same one as in the HL2 movie, but then duplicated into the halflife1 engine. THe halflife1 physics aren't that bad lol, expessialy when looking at it's time.

Re: Re: Halflife1 ingame movie from hl2techdemo

Originally posted by tewmten
Link doesn't work, fix it plz, I wanna see movie :-D

EDIT:
Btw Adam, very nice map :-D

yes we are making a new movie whit bots like adams said, it will be up against tonight.

this time it will include credits from adam and me,
-bots
-no more valve en sierra intro
-the map itslef
-maybe some other cool stuff

not much i know, but it was ment for people who dont have halflife and ore only have cs :)

Ready whit v2 :p

y0,

im ready whit it and it looks realy nice 10x better then before

u guys will :cheese: your asses of, now all i need to do is find a host, couse mine isent up :/, anyway ile post movie later today :)

Back