halflife2 after doom3 release...

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus0402

Reaction score
I don't know when halflife 2 is planned to be shipped, but I DO know that you will be hearing some big news in the next 10 days about Doom3 and it will be released before the 28th of July. So watch for it.

Where are you getting this BIG news from if I may ask?

From John Carmack's hairdresser. :rolleyes:

Mechagodzilla said:
I'm Carmack's hairdresser, and I can confirm that that's just speculation!

Whoa, I was just going to say that...

Half-Life 2 should have NOTHING to do with the Doom 3 release.

Its two TOTALY different games! I dont even want to compare them..

^Th0mas^ said:
Half-Life 2 should have NOTHING to do with the Doom 3 release.

Its two TOTALY different games! I dont even want to compare them..

I'm not comparing them... I am buying both, but some will not be able to buy both and if they like both then they will get the first one released.

Anyways, you will not be hearing the big news from me in 10 days... just check the major news sites... you will soon see

haha you still have not proovin anything, all you are doin is getting people worked up about something that only you supposeivly know about if this is true why cant you tell us what you are talking about or where you hear this from are you like john carmack himself and cant say anything or something ? Not to say that having Doom3 that soon wouldnt be nice cause Im buying both of them as well! Im rich BiAtCh! :smoking:

I want Doom 3 for ONE thing.. the graphics.. but the gameplay.. no way.. walking around and killing monsters only suck. The multiplayer suck to.. 4 players MAX

^Th0mas^ said:
I want Doom 3 for ONE thing.. the graphics.. but the gameplay.. no way.. walking around and killing monsters only suck. The multiplayer suck to.. 4 players MAX

Well, I'm sure the graphics + modding tools are full of potential. There's no doubt the engine is great graphically, but d3 seems to be lacking in alot of areas, namely gameplay. OT a bit, but I wonder if anyone will attempt to make hl2-like physics with the d3 engine?, that would seriously rock. Anyway, back on topic, it really doesn't matter what games come out first, they will both be great in their own different ways. Of course, I would be lying if I said I wanted d3 as much as hl2...

And like a butterfly crawling back into its coccoon and turning back into a fatass caterpillar, this thread, once somewhat viable, becomes a Doom3 vs. HL2 thread. OH YAY.

hey theres nothing wrong with doom3 coming out first, i want somthing to come out soon! constant BF and UT is getting really dull, although i dunno about july.

Maximus could be right. Supposivly some big news is coming in the next PC GAMER issue, people have made the list down to either Doom 3, TF2, or Quake IV. The August issue is going to be out mid-July. I really pray it's TF2, because it really is possible for them to release TF2 with HL2, very strange how they are so quiet about it. I will surely buy Doom 3, it's going to be freakishly amazing and I can't wait. However the next 10 days we could be hearing something, but since "maximus" can't provide a source, he is just hyping us up for no reason.

d00m three gameplay isnt lacking its just different. halflife two and d00m three r 2 very different games that use different gameplay. the gameplay of d00m three is very very cool for a horror game. if u think d00m three is nothing but walking around shooting random monsters then u must not be reading all the preveiws. d00m three will kick ass!!

Why do people have to talk that way? Who started all of that leet talking? I started playing Counter-Strike back in beta 2 (years and years ago) and i guess around beta 7 or version 1.0 people started talking all gay and elite....huh.

im not going to buy D3 simply becuase a game without at least 32 people MP these days is a complete joke.

and before some1 says the game in my sig only has 8 ppl MP.... you get up to 48,000 men in one MP game so that more than makes up for it.

but thats just my opinion like it or lump it....

Likewise my purchasing of HL2 will be dependant on its MP, wich so far with all this CS:S crap is not impressing me much.

Dougy said:
im not going to buy D3 simply becuase a game without at least 32 people MP these days is a complete joke.

Personally, I'm interested in the change of pace that a 4-player deathmatch will bring. It'll feel like the old days again, playing Doom 2 deathmatch over a 14.4 modem at 3 in the morning. Can't wait! :D

maximus0402 said:
I don't know when halflife 2 is planned to be shipped, but I DO know that you will be hearing some big news in the next 10 days about Doom3 and it will be released before the 28th of July. So watch for it.
Thank you for posting this in the HL2 Discussion Forums.

CLOSSSSSSSSE. We don't need a Doom 3 thread on a HL2 forum.

splinter cell: pandora tomorrow has 4 person multiplayer and it ROX

i can't wait till these games come out... sigh.. need a new video card

PowerLlama said:

It is awsome. Especially on a lan against friends.

tokin said:
I really pray it's TF2, because it really is possible for them to release TF2 with HL2, very strange how they are so quiet about it.

O TOkin I think I luv you now :cheers:

Dougy said:

and before some1 says the game in my sig only has 8 ppl MP.... you get up to 48,000 men in one MP game so that more than makes up for it.

but thats just my opinion like it or lump it....

Likewise my purchasing of HL2 will be dependant on its MP, wich so far with all this CS:S crap is not impressing me much.

Doug, maybe this is your opinion but my opinion and many others I am sure are not for the MP aspects at all....in fact I could care less if either of these games have MP. I am for a total immersive single player experience and nothing else..... anything else beyond that is just an extra bonus. I know a lot of people are all single player people and then there is just the multiplayer fans and that is that. Why does everything have to have 32 people or more in it... why do things hae to be the same all the time like that.... it gets pretty old after awhile with tons of people just killing each other all the time....its time for a change and I think the 4 player may be a nice change. I bet you like painkiller don't you.... that brought the old fashion free for all type game....that's cool, I grew up with that stuff....but now I am ready for somthing different thats all...

anyway go ahead and rip me a new one since thats all you do with people around here so go ahead....

and for all of you on this thread... I am NOT revealing how I know when a announcement is going to be made, I know what I am talking about, believe me or not I dont care..... just wait and you will see.... I cannot compromise who gave me the info... I hope you understand

I am a bit excited for Doom3 and it may be a fun game but I really want HL2. I'm dying to play the SP, I can't wait to find out what the MP is, and CS:S is gonna own my pants. Doom3 may be able to hold me over for a few weeks at most hopefully (I'm praying HL2 isn't released much later than mid-late August). I wish the guys over at Valve would keep us a little more informed );

Ahh but hl2 is going gold 6/13?

Hey, from the article of the foreigners that chekced out valve that is a photo that has the last date of working, 6/13 says something close to finished for dis$%^# and can't read the rest... it might not even be an s in the photo.. but yeah.. looks like hl2 might go gold around then... so that'd make it in the next like 11 days... I think these games might both come out on the same day, or at least in the same week.

-Will.

maximus0402 said:
and for all of you on this thread... I am NOT revealing how I know when a announcement is going to be made, I know what I am talking about, believe me or not I dont care..... just wait and you will see.... I cannot compromise who gave me the info... I hope you understand

People are constantly posting that they know something and in reality dont know shit so you have to understand people that will flame....espicially without and source or link to back your statements up but o well, there gonna come out when they come out no sense in hyping up the situation! :cheers:

Max35 said:
.. OT a bit, but I wonder if anyone will attempt to make hl2-like physics with the d3 engine?..

D3 has hl2 - like physics. But it uses an in-house physics engine (like crytek did with far cry), instead of Havok. The potential/capabilities are there, but the D3 level designers haven't used physics to the extent that hl2 level designers have.

^Th0mas^ said:
.. The multiplayer suck to.. 4 players MAX

The part that bothers me even more about the mp is that you CANNOT join a game that is in progress. All 4 have to be there when the game starts. No one can join once the game starts, even if people drop out. It has something to do with the per-poly hit detection (which hl2 doesn't have).

^Th0mas^ said:
I want Doom 3 for ONE thing.. the graphics.. but the gameplay.. no way.. walking around and killing monsters only suck...

I haven't gotten my hopes up either. It seems like a graphics showcase through and through. But I have a little flicker of hope that it could turn out really good. Todd Hollenshead keeps saying it's the best fps experience they've ever made.

PowerLlama said:

Well trying to compare SC:pT to Doom 3 is totally different. The purpose of SC:pT multiplayer isn't to go frag your enemy with rockets and shotguns. If they had more than 4 people in SC:pT the gaming would be ruined in it, the guards could just camp the important spots. Doom 3 is suppose to be a FPS so there should be massive fragging with a bunch of other people, I do not see how Doom 3's multiplayer will last, with UT2K4, HL2, and BF:V, CoD and all the others, Doom 3's multiplayer doesn't stand a chance. Nowadays theres 64 people per server, 32 per server, 100 people per server(Joint Operations), then there is 4 for Doom 3. Can you imagine how badly boring it'll be?

I say if we we don't hear some "BIG" news in the next 10 days that we ban him.

Dedatorv said:
... then there is 4 for Doom 3. Can you imagine how badly boring it'll be?

ut2k4 still has 1vs1 tournaments, leagues, and ladders.

I'm kind of interested in how it will play. The per-poly hit detection is gonna make it a lot harder to kill people than in a traditional game. Accuracy is going to be god.

willchristiansen said:
Hey, from the article of the foreigners that chekced out valve that is a photo that has the last date of working, 6/13 says something close to finished for dis$%^# and can't read the rest... it might not even be an s in the photo.. but yeah.. looks like hl2 might go gold around then... so that'd make it in the next like 11 days... I think these games might both come out on the same day, or at least in the same week.

-Will.

It's "6/3" not "6/13" and maybe we will hear something tomorrow but from a recent email in the valve thread, rick ellis said they would give more stuff out about HL2 as they approached the release date. I think we got awhile. My main concern is will it make it before September and what is going on with TF2.

CreedoG said:
ut2k4 still has 1vs1 tournaments, leagues, and ladders.

Well that is one of the MANY options avaiable to play in UT2K4. Doom 3 will only offer 1vs1, 1vs2, 2vs2, 1vs3 and FFA.

Blah blah blah, this is just rumourmongering at the moment. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back