Halflife2.net on Facebook

Whoa, people here have real names? This is weird. I'm not joining! (mostly because I don't want my real-life friends to know who I am on the internet...)

My RL friends already know about me and hl2.net. Every time I show them some pic/video/article they ask in a mocking voice "Did you find this on halflife2.net Sean?" and I put on my proud face and say "Damn right!"

D'oh! I searched for one because I was having a hard time believing no one had thought of this yet... I guess I was right. Damn you whoever made that for putting a space in the URL, I only searched for Halflife2.net...

Oh well, we can have two!

THAT WAS ME.
I deserve moderation in the new one.

Joined.

Now I can hunt all of you down and violently destroy you.

My RL friends already know about me and hl2.net. Every time I show them some pic/video/article they ask in a mocking voice "Did you find this on halflife2.net Sean?" and I put on my proud face and say "Damn right!"

My friends wouldn't understand. They'd be like "Don't talk to strangers!" or "The internet is a scary place!" or "Half-Life 2 sucks!"

My friends, oddly enough, know Willie. It's weird.

WTF Willie? Why dont you know my friends?

My friends all already know I'm a huge forum geek because I have to explain how I got my hands on a press steam account all the time. Could be worse. You could be embarrassed of your pathetic, forumgoing self, and try to hide it from your friends instead of basking in all your dorky glory.

Well it seems at least 55 of us (and counting) are proud of our forum-geeky natures.

we need a real name/hl2.net name translation model or something

thumbsup.gif
Daniel Schaffer likes this.
group.gif
Daniel Schaffer joined the group Halflife2.net.

5 minutes after I joined some non hl2.net d-bag messaged me "HALF LIFE!!!!'

I demand admin access of that group... or else...

Sounds good. I'd join but I don't have a facebook account D:

Would join, but I don't want my loud-mouth sister to see it and tell my parents. They seem to be incapable of realizing that not everyone on the internet is a rapist/pedophile/serial killer

thanks to the Bluewolf contest is over facebook is fun way to chat with man whores!

Would join, but I don't want my loud-mouth sister to see it and tell my parents. They seem to be incapable of realizing that not everyone on the internet is a rapist/pedophile/serial killer

Your family sounds exactly like mine. My mom doesn't even know how to use a computer so she's especially paranoid. I think one time my sister actually pretended to be someone I didn't know and IM'ed me to see how much personal information I gave out. I only suspected because she did it to one of her friends. Seriously. :|

Sounds good. I'd join but I don't have a facebook account D:

This. I don't want any of you rapists to know my name and all of that stuff anyway.

unless you're gentle

Why is everyone so paranoid about this stuff? Look in your phone book and I guarantee for 95% of you there is atleast 5 other people with the same last name, no one can jack your identity from just your name. Well they sort of could, but who would have the drive to do that? These people wouldn't just be searching around on an internet forum for names of people they could steal from, hell you could just type any name in facebook and get like a thousand results ffs.. For example my name is Tom Bacon. Look in your phone book, it doesn't really sound like that common of a last name (although delicious), but in just my city alone, in the phonebook, there is half a page of Bacon's.

Your last name is seriously bacon? You son of a bitch, that's awesome.

You know not once in my life has anyone ever told me my last name sucked. I still await the day.

Maybe me and Bacons should get our usernames switched, eh?

Yeah seriously I would just use my real name as a forum handle if it was that awesome.

Custom title?!

Should read: Tom GOD DAMN Bacon (god damn is bolded)

How have you not mentioned this before?

I have, no one listens to me.. They will now though. You don't want Bacon angry at you, DO YOU?

I wish I had a last name based off of a staple breakfast food...

It's quite interesting really as to how the name came into existence, see an Irish fugitive back in 1211 escaped from prison and had to change his name from something like Smith (I can't remember, I know it was a generic one though), and he changed it to Bacon, this was before the food even existed though, so I have no idea where he would get the word 'Bacon' from.

Back