Halflife2 WW2 Mods?

K

Kradle

Anyone know what major WW2 mods are that are being developed/going to be developed in the future?

Originally posted by Kradle
Anyone know what major WW2 mods are that are being developed/going to be developed in the future?
This is the closest you can get at 11/29/2003.

yeah, cause there haven't been many ww2 games as of late...:rolleyes:

Call of Duty
Metal of Honer
Enemy Territory
Third Reich

That's all that comes to mind at 1:29 :|

Resistance and Liberation
Last Great War
DoD2.

Originally posted by Typhon

I agree. The WW2 type mods have been overplayed. Too many to care.

Originally posted by Aea
Call of Duty
Metal of Honer
Enemy Territory
Third Reich

That's all that comes to mind at 1:29 :|

BF1942?

I agree with the others saying that WW2 mods are overdone.. but we all have different styles, eh? :)

I dont like WW2 mods my self.

There are alot of WW2 mods in development right now, so im sure we will see atleast one good mod...

I disagree, but there sure are loads of crappy World war 2 mods out there. The crappy ones are balanced arcade mods, that all look the same. The good mods/games are the realistic ones (Like DoD).

I really want to see DoD2, because DoD is currently limited by the HL-engine. It will probably beat several retail games if it goes to the Source-engine.

Personally, i'm getting pretty f. sick of the 2,526,259 WW2 games out there today. If anyone plans on making another one for HL2 (a mod) I will personally see that i cut through your bedroom door, and axe murder you slowly and painfully. HEEERE's JOHHNY...

Lets have some FRESH ideas ffs .

DC is awesome anyone notice how the bashars edge map kind of reminds of the hl2 movies? When i was cruising in jeep i noticed that.

Well there is quite a few WW2 mods..But i think they might have alot of success on the Source engine..opinions?:)

I THINK YOURE ALL CRAZY!! DJHGSN BLKSFNBNFDNSB><MCB

P.S. Last Great War is gonna own all....\m/ >_< \m/

Imagine Day Of Defeat 2 on the source engine! -Starts To Drool- That would be extremely awesome. Perhaps hve some drivable vehicles, and the realism of the source engine would allow for a great World War 2 Experience. I bet there will be a Day Of Defeat 2 Mod for Half-Life 2, although Valve will probably sell it rather then give it away as a free mod.

I personally look forward to a WW2 mod for HL2. And for all those bitching because there's already too many WW2 games, thats simple - dont play them.

Aye, the more WWII mods the better, because then you can choose the best one to play.

Originally posted by doser
Personally, i'm getting pretty f. sick of the 2,526,259 WW2 games out there today. If anyone plans on making another one for HL2 (a mod) I will personally see that i cut through your bedroom door, and axe murder you slowly and painfully. HEEERE's JOHHNY...

Lets have some FRESH ideas ffs .

whoa.. someone better sleep with one eye open or something :dork:

anyway i am also sick of all the WW2 mods/games out there.. its time to move on.. . WW3 anyone? -sorry couldn't resist :cheese:

i dont know why you are sick of WW2 games or mods. Your on something if you dont like them. They are awsome! War games are cool.

Originally posted by Ownzed
i dont know why you are sick of WW2 games or mods. Your on something if you dont like them. They are awsome! War games are cool.

Everyone has their own preference. I do enjoy war games, but feel that there are too many based on the Second World War. I prefer modern, realistic, infantry combat.. that's why I started my own mod since there isn't one out there.

Plus WWII is always Axis vs. Allies... and that gets old.

Originally posted by Typhon

stole the words right from my mouth

how bout a ww1 mod.... nobodies ever done one of those bf1942 has some but bf1942 is crap for modding because its made by nazis!!1 w00tr

As much as I'd like to see a DOD 2, I REALLY REALLY think WW2 is overdone in mods. Why can't we get a world war 1 mod? Biplanes, trenches, gas, ect.

There are already a few WWI mods in development...

Trench Rats... Over the Top... Lines of Fire... The Trenches (for Half-Life)...

I think people finally realized that there are only so many ways to make an Omaha Beach map in games. Maybe concentration on fronts that don't involve Americans (Those exist? Huh?) bring up new interest?

I am sort of looking forward to Last Great War, but my great interest is in Finland At War - because it is A. Does not involve Americans and B. It has nothing to do with Western Front.

I agree with loofy on both counts.
Still every WWII game has to have the obligatory Omaha beach landing, and still it NEVER works in a game like it does in the movies. Name one good Omaha beach-style landing level in any single player or multiplayer game that is actually fun to play? Oh yeah, there are none!

And yeah, I'm sick of every WWII game involving Americans. Believe it or not the Yanks only got involved very late in the war, then ruined everyone's fun by dropping a big fuck off bomb in the middle of Japan.

Just my opnion of course.

Originally posted by Zeus
As much as I'd like to see a DOD 2, I REALLY REALLY think WW2 is overdone in mods. Why can't we get a world war 1 mod? Biplanes, trenches, gas, ect.

I seriously doubt WW 1 could work as a game. Almost the entire war was like this; artillery the shit out of the enemy, run up to the next trench, repeat. Often troops stayed in the same trench going back and forth with the enemy for months.

But I'll definately try one out, even it's only out of historical interest.

I agree that there is alot of WW2 games but who knows what the potential of the WW2 games will be on HL2 >=) *Thinks of the Possibilites*

Originally posted by Incitatus
I seriously doubt WW 1 could work as a game. Almost the entire war was like this; artillery the shit out of the enemy, run up to the next trench, repeat. Often troops stayed in the same trench going back and forth with the enemy for months.

But I'll definately try one out, even it's only out of historical interest.

you act as if that wouldent be fun i dont know if im simple minded but would have loads of fun with that hide -bam- run hide -bam- run

also wwI gave birth to many special forces groups so a game could come around based on that (or mod) with SF teams faceing eachother spy's ect that kind of thing.. wouldent have to be realisitc to the point where its not fun though

Originally posted by iamaelephant
I agree with loofy on both counts.
Still every WWII game has to have the obligatory Omaha beach landing, and still it NEVER works in a game like it does in the movies. Name one good Omaha beach-style landing level in any single player or multiplayer game that is actually fun to play? Oh yeah, there are none!

And yeah, I'm sick of every WWII game involving Americans. Believe it or not the Yanks only got involved very late in the war, then ruined everyone's fun by dropping a big fuck off bomb in the middle of Japan.

Just my opnion of course.

step 1: get decent hardware for pc
step 2: get thx sorround system for your pc with audigy plat. 2
step 3: turn details all the way up on mohaa audio/visual
step 4: blast sound with speakers sorrounding you
step 5: load up d-day mission
step 6: holy F*** this is freakin war

at least it would feel pretty damn dramatic when mohaa first came out .... cod lays mohaa to waste but honestly try that you might be impressed

edit: there needs to be some WWII special forces mp mods for hl2 with lots of realism :) THAT i would enjoy immensly more then a ww1 mod

http://www.alamoscouts.org/special_forces/mission_statement.htm

i think they should make a WW3 mod! that would be cool. even though there hasent been a WW3 but who cares just think as in the future:D

Back