Halo 2 delay official

It just seemed like you were happy about it. Like you were flaming us for it being delayed. It's not funny.
This means I probably won't get to play it until Christmas Leave, or even later.
I may not even be able to play it until my vacation in May, 2005. :|

GhostValkyrie said:
It just seemed like you were happy about it. Like you were flaming us for it being delayed. It's not funny.
This means I probably won't get to play it until Christmas Leave, or even later.

well atleast you'll be killing those forsaken koons :) my friend u are a true MC!

GhostValkyrie said:

When did I once say I was happy, or act like I was happy, that it was delayed? My only real comment was I got a feeling of shader overuse, which is all I had to add since the delay doesn't affect me.

Of course I want you to have your anticipated games, the trailer you told me to DL was really cool, and like I said, I wouldn't mind having the game :)

Maskirovka said:
some of you guys just don't get it....screw technicality...of course you would die of thirst first....but...TGS #3! i'm glad someone recognized it...and i'm saddened that so many people have pointed out that technicality to me like i'm some idiot that thinks you have an ample supply of drinking water while falling down a bottomless pit...and speaking of technicalities...dehydration is one word!!! ZING!!!! :imu: :imu:

oh no I got the reference, I think Homestarrunner is the best (been visiting there forever) however I was just kidding around since I was on the topic of Shuzers Avatar.
then again its hard to tell in text.

and yep you got me on dehydration I musta been smoking the good stuff.

I just got
Mr. Redundant: <<< arrowed!

Shuzer said:
When did I once say I was happy, or act like I was happy, that it was delayed? My only real comment was I got a feeling of shader overuse, which is all I had to add since the delay doesn't affect me.

Of course I want you to have your anticipated games, the trailer you told me to DL was really cool, and like I said, I wouldn't mind having the game :)

Bah, I just took things wrong. I saw CrazyHarij telling people to stop flaming, and you were syaing it was the the way of things, etc.

waedoe said:
First Valve would work alot better under microsoft. I mean they would get an exercise machine for gabe and beable to provide security for the HL2 files. They would also be able to get better orginization on release dates. Further more i had to say your *WRONG* because thats how i am, im sorry if you dont like that. I also do have "PERSONAL" expierience making a game. Im doing a Total conversion of the BF42 engine in the Mod called Homefront. Besides Halo is way better on XBOX than ever could be on PC. Alot better.

ahahhaha microsoft and security is a contradiction in terms...and i still don't see where you're going with these attacks on gabe...they don't have anything to do with this topic.

and you saying they'd get better organization on release dates doesn't mean it's true...wow...that statement just has no basis or logic behind it.

and no, you're not sorry for being the way you are...otherwise you'd change...

and i don't see how halo is better on the xbox than on the PC...it's the same game with different graphics and a mouse/keyboard (which is FAR superior than any gamepad)

as far as your personal experience with making games goes...who cares? you attack gabe and say how valve is worthless...yet then you turn around and defend microsoft/bungie for delaying halo2 because making games is hard work? isn't that what valve does? make games? so now microsoft/bungie is also having trouble with release dates, but somehow "gabe is fat" means valve sucks? i don't get how you think you're making any kind of sense here...cause you're contradicting yourself all over the place.

Maskirovka said:
ahahhaha microsoft and security is a contradiction in terms...and i still don't see where you're going with these attacks on gabe...they don't have anything to do with this topic.

and you saying they'd get better organization on release dates doesn't mean it's true...wow...that statement just has no basis or logic behind it.

and i don't see how halo is better on the xbox than on the PC...it's the same game with different graphics and a mouse/keyboard (which is FAR superior than any gamepad)

as far as your personal experience with making games goes...who cares? you attack gabe and say how valve is worthless...yet then you turn around and defend microsoft/bungie for delaying halo2 because making games is hard work? isn't that what valve does? make games? so now microsoft/bungie is also having trouble with release dates, but somehow "gabe is fat" means valve sucks? i don't get how you think you're making any kind of sense here...cause you're contradicting yourself all over the place.

I kind of disagree on your standard of it not being any better on Xbox. It actually is.
Though I don't enjoy sharing a screen, it's a lot more comfortable having your friends right there when you play the game. It's also more convient than hauling your computer to someone's house for a LAN. And though Halo PC comes with 9xb drivers, it doesn't seem to really utilize Direct X 9 technology. I find Halo PC to be clearer, which is nice, but it just seems darker than Xbox Halo. I've also noticed some differences on textures and such. The Flash light is also better. It just looks like a big circle on the PC Version. I prefer Xbox Halo more than Halo PC.

Maskirovka said:

Im attacking gabe because one, he let a ****ing game put his life in jepordy, and second he was stupid enough to allow *SUPPOSED* hackers hack in and steal the beta. what a N00B i dont see that happening with Halo 2.... < microsoft provides securities. and no non of thier developers are emencly(sp?) over weight.

man you guys are dumb. why is there all of a sudden this rivalry between the pc and xbox? i dont see you guys bashing the gamecube or ps2, or comparing THEM to the pc. the XBOX ISNT A PC. yes it gets lots of PC games, and vice versa. there is nothing i hate more than people BITCHING about something for no reason, and it being made by microsoft is not a reason. dont bitch about it because you cant afford one or you don thave one for whatever reason.

OH GOD A GOOD GAMES COMING OUT FOR A SYSTEM I DONT OWN. TIME TO BITCH.

also about this filth:
"and i don't see how halo is better on the xbox than on the PC...it's the same game with different graphics and a mouse/keyboard (which is FAR superior than any gamepad)"

halo is better on the xbox because SOME PEOPLE, MAYBE NOT YOU, LIKE IT MORE.
personally i like sitting on my couch playing halo against other people, and i like the simplicity of their lan parties. the gamepad isnt an issue, most people just bitch about it until they get used to it - i did too. if you whine about gamepads on the xbox include the ps2 and gamecube, which have far shittier controlers. even so, theres no reason at all to be bashing on my xbox.

gh0st said:
...and it being made by microsoft is not a reason.
It is if you've owned Windows ME.

But seriously, this is pointless. Getting offended when someone doesn't like something you like is pretty ****ing pathetic.

...Why are the mods always MIA when you need them?

gh0st said:
man you guys are dumb. why is there all of a sudden this rivalry between the pc and xbox? i dont see you guys bashing the gamecube or ps2, or comparing THEM to the pc. the XBOX ISNT A PC. yes it gets lots of PC games, and vice versa. there is nothing i hate more than people BITCHING about something for no reason, and it being made by microsoft is not a reason. dont bitch about it because you cant afford one or you don thave one for whatever reason.

OH GOD A GOOD GAMES COMING OUT FOR A SYSTEM I DONT OWN. TIME TO BITCH.

also about this filth:
"and i don't see how halo is better on the xbox than on the PC...it's the same game with different graphics and a mouse/keyboard (which is FAR superior than any gamepad)"

personally i like sitting on my couch playing halo against other people, and i like the simplicity of their lan parties. the gamepad isnt an issue, most people just bitch about it until they get used to it - i did too. if you whine about gamepads on the xbox include the ps2 and gamecube, which have far shittier controlers. even so, theres no reason at all to be bashing on my xbox.

GameCube's controller is superior if you mod it :) lol, just take a normal control stick and put it where the C-Stick is, then you have two normal control sticks which feels much more natural (IMO) than the XBox or PS2 controllers.

Even after reading 4 pages of "debates", I still find it funny that Halo 2 got delayed. Made my day actually, ha. Would be more fun if it get canceled some day.

waedoe said:
Im attacking gabe because one, he let a ****ing game put his life in jepordy, and second he was stupid enough to allow *SUPPOSED* hackers hack in and steal the beta. what a N00B i dont see that happening with Halo 2.... < microsoft provides securities. and no non of thier developers are emencly(sp?) over weight.

You just called Gabe a N00B...wow...

who in the **** do you think you are? He let a ****ing game put his life in jeopardy? How do you know that? Maybe he has a medical condition, who knows?

XBOX ISNT A PC

oh yes it is! It's a PC in a pretty black box, with an oversized controller instead of a keyboard.

mmmm halo2...... mmmmmm xbox......

threadpollution.png

gh0st, you and GV are arguing console vs PC...not xbox vs PC...of course some people like console better. see....your gigantic letters prove that you don't understand and/or haven't read what i said.

i don't want halo 2. period...even if i owned an xbox, which would be a huge waste of money for me...i wouldn't buy it because i think halo 1 sucked...on both PC and xbox...and i think most of the games for it suck.

at least GV is nice about it and gives some actual reasons other than "omg some people like it"...you're just being a jackass just like waedoe...not good company to be in.

and i didn't bash on YOUR xbox...why do xbox owners seem to take it so personally when someone says they don't care that halo2 was delayed and they don't like the xbox? can't you just accept my opinion? i have accepted yours...just not waedoe's...since his makes no sense at all...yours does...except...

there is nothing i hate more than people BITCHING about something for no reason, and it being made by microsoft is not a reason.

well for me, microsoft is a rason, and i'm not bitching about the xbox. i was just stating my opinion. and i don't dislike the xbox for no reason...there are many reasons...crap games is among them...it's my opinion...don't shove yours down my throat, please.

so you're saying that it's a fact that halo is better on the xbox because some people like it more? wow...some people like it more on the PC, too...but i guess that doesn't count.

but for the record...saying the gamepad isn't an issue...i mean...that's a matter of opinion for one, and for two, i'd like to see any gamepad player ever beat a mouse/kbd player of equal skill. not gonna happen in a million years...and i'm sure you agree.

and i don't "whine" about gamepads in general...and i don't care to debate the worthlessness of this gamepad or that...

and GV, i don't see where you're coming from with the darker graphics on the PC thing...halo ran very bright on every machine i've seen it on.

it's fine if you like the xbox for its simplicity for network gaming and stuff...i never said PCs were easy to tote around. i just said that i dislike it and that i couldn't care less about halo2 because halo 1 was crappy...IN MY OPINION. so stop trashing my opinion like you claim i'm bashing on your precious xbox. don't take it so freakin personally.

qckbeam said:
who in the **** do you think you are? He let a ****ing game put his life in jeopardy? How do you know that? Maybe he has a medical condition, who knows?

waedoe thinks he's better than everyone else...like i said. he has no idea what gabe's condition is...or the condition of valve...or anything for that matter. and since i know you're a christian, waedoe, i'll appeal to the compassion that you're supposed to learn from jesus....stop criticising stuff you know nothing about.

[/QUOTE]oh yes it is! It's a PC in a pretty black box, with an oversized controller instead of a keyboard.[/QUOTE]

lol good point...the xbox has all PC parts...lmao

Last night i played Halo 6 player on Xbox with some friends. Best Multiplayer fun i've had since DoD 3.0 Beta, more fun that. I dont think you should bag the Xbox for no apparent reason, Its better then PS2 in my opinion, I've never liked playstation because i just they're overrated, I always preferred N64's (Super Smash Brothers ALL THE WAY) over PS1 and the Xbox over PS2. I just think there's more replay value with Xbox because you can play with more then just 2 people at once.

Im never gonna get Xbox live, System Link is much more fun and cheaper then 50 bucks a month

Is this such a touchy topic that ppl can turn hostile to one another?
IMO it's pretty childish. We all have different opinions. Heck, believe it or not some ppl have no interest in hl2 :| I have no interest in Far Cry... you don't see me spitting at the ppl who do.
Just my 2 cents... don't want anyone to say anything they'll regret ;)

Sparta said:
Last night i played Halo 6 player on Xbox with some friends. Best Multiplayer fun i've had since DoD 3.0 Beta, more fun that. I dont think you should bag the Xbox for no apparent reason, Its better then PS2 in my opinion, I've never liked playstation because i just they're overrated, I always preferred N64's (Super Smash Brothers ALL THE WAY) over PS1 and the Xbox over PS2. I just think there's more replay value with Xbox because you can play with more then just 2 people at once.

Im never gonna get Xbox live, System Link is much more fun and cheaper then 50 bucks a month

Lot's of people don't like the console game design philosophy. I hate most console games to be honest, only a select few which really strike a cord with me. The XBOX I hate more than others because it takes games that could be great, and shits all over it. Then lazy developers decide to port the steaming XBOX excrement to the PC, and piss all over the grave of departed developers, and all over the memories of the original game, kinda like what happened with DX2 (and is happening with Thief III right now, I'm bitter, what can I say).

qckbeam said:
...The XBOX I hate more than others because it takes games that could be great, and shits all over it. Then lazy developers decide to port the steaming XBOX excrement to the PC, and piss all over the grave of departed developers, and all over the memories of the original game, kinda like what happened with DX2 (and is happening with Thief III right now, I'm bitter, what can I say).
Ummm... What about Splinter Cell? I got it for PC and it's freakin' awesome.

Splinter Cell is an exception to that I admit, the majority of ports are really awful though, and I was speaking of the majority.

I did forget about Splinter Cell though, thank you for mentioning it :)

Maskirovka said:
waedoe thinks he's better than everyone else...like i said. he has no idea what gabe's condition is...or the condition of valve...or anything for that matter. and since i know you're a christian, waedoe, i'll appeal to the compassion that you're supposed to learn from jesus....stop criticising stuff you know nothing about.

oh yes it is! It's a PC in a pretty black box, with an oversized controller instead of a keyboard

Gabes medical condition is his eating problem, maybe if he didnt work on HL2 so much and got on a goddamn tread mill he wouldnt put him self at a greater heart attack risk, i mean the guy must pack 6 double quarter pounders when he goest to mc donalds. I know nothing about lol. looks like you wasted ur life learning the history of valve your ****ing noob.

I would kill ne one that doesnt belive in halos greatness (SERIOUSLY)

masikroijadshva said:
gh0st, you and GV are arguing console vs PC...not xbox vs PC...of course some people like console better. see....your gigantic letters prove that you don't understand and/or haven't read what i said.

ok.

maskirkcova said:
i don't want halo 2. period...even if i owned an xbox, which would be a huge waste of money for me...i wouldn't buy it because i think halo 1 sucked...on both PC and xbox...and i think most of the games for it suck.[/UOTE]

which begs the question, why the **** would you post in this thread. oh wait any non dumbass wouldent.

whatever said:
and i didn't bash on YOUR xbox...why do xbox owners seem to take it so personally when someone says they don't care that halo2 was delayed and they don't like the xbox? can't you just accept my opinion? i have accepted yours...just not waedoe's...since his makes no sense at all...yours does...except...

seems like youre the one taking it personally

masnewkrova said:
well for me, microsoft is a rason, and i'm not bitching about the xbox. i was just stating my opinion. and i don't dislike the xbox for no reason...there are many reasons...crap games is among them...it's my opinion...don't shove yours down my throat, please.

microsofts a raisin huh? nice job. see note the hypocricy here. whose shoving stuff down whose throat. i think his name starts with mas and ends with newbkrova.

krova said:
and i don't "whine" about gamepads in general...and i don't care to debate the worthlessness of this gamepad or that...

and GV, i don't see where you're coming from with the darker graphics on the PC thing...halo ran very bright on every machine i've seen it on.

it's fine if you like the xbox for its simplicity for network gaming and stuff...i never said PCs were easy to tote around. i just said that i dislike it and that i couldn't care less about halo2 because halo 1 was crappy...IN MY OPINION. so stop trashing my opinion like you claim i'm bashing on your precious xbox. don't take it so freakin personally.

yeah you did whine about gamepads in general, you said they sucked, and werent good enough for you. good for you. IF YOU COULDENT CARE LESS ABOUT HALO THANKS FOR NOT POSTING IN THIS THREAD. jeez... and yeah your opinion is trash thanks.

gh0st said:
ok.

seems like youre the one taking it personally

microsofts a raisin huh? nice job. see note the hypocricy here. whose shoving stuff down whose throat. i think his name starts with mas and ends with newbkrova.

yeah you did whine about gamepads in general, you said they sucked, and werent good enough for you. good for you. IF YOU COULDENT CARE LESS ABOUT HALO THANKS FOR NOT POSTING IN THIS THREAD. jeez... and yeah your opinion is trash thanks.

Yeah also you must be to WEAK to hold an XBOX control did i mention thier only for the large cocked !!! PWNED NOOB IM A LEET HAXXOR THAT COULD BY PASS VALVES GAY SYSTEMS NE DAY BWHHAHAHAHAH

qckbeam said:
Splinter Cell is an exception to that I admit, the majority of ports are really awful though, and I was speaking of the majority.

I did forget about Splinter Cell though, thank you for mentioning it :)
Yeah, when I played the demo, I was literally shocked to see what a good job they did porting it. Most ports I've played don't even let you adjust settings from within the game.

waedoe said:
Gabes medical condition is his eating problem, maybe if he didnt work on HL2 so much and got on a goddamn tread mill he wouldnt put him self at a greater heart attack risk, i mean the guy must pack 6 double quarter pounders when he goest to mc donalds. I know nothing about lol. looks like you wasted ur life learning the history of valve your ****ing noob.
waedoe said:
I would kill ne one that doesnt belive in halos greatness (SERIOUSLY)
waedoe said:
Yeah also you must be to WEAK to hold an XBOX control did i mention thier only for the large cocked !!! PWNED NOOB IM A LEET HAXXOR THAT COULD BY PASS VALVES GAY SYSTEMS NE DAY BWHHAHAHAHAH
Now you're just TRYING to start trouble. Well hopefully a mod will come by soon and give you the attention you desire.

WOOT I LOVE MODS, PUNISH ME BABY IVE BEEN A BAD BAD VERY BAD BOY :naughty:

Waedoe: consider this an official warning, your behavior is getting out of hand, joking or not your insults are over the top and in very bad taste. Keep it up and you will be banned. Understand?

Maskirovka said:

Like the Gamecube then... It got a IBM processor and a ATI graphichip.

How can you build a gameconsole without computer parts?

GV: Thanks for the backup, mate! :cheers:

The thing is, I tried to do the impossible: Preventing a haha-at-xbox in a forum consisting mainly of PC-People. And Shuzer just said the way it was between Xbox'ers and PC'ers.. But does that mean everyone can go on like that too without being accused of anything, just saying "That's the way it is"?

And about the Xbox-hate = Racism .. Read what I said again. What I meant was most people hate Xbox because of prejudice. Prejudice caused racism after all, it's bad when judging something or someone just by that. And why is it "inferior" ?

And some people here do bash at Xbox.
Nope, nothing wrong with consoles... just XBox... and there's a REASON we don't have one...

sorry if you somehow take offense to xbox bashing, but there is a HUGE list of legit reasons why someone might think the xbox sucks...don't be stupid and compare it to racism...
Might wanna post that HUGE list ?

Don't ****ing bitch just because you don't own an Xbox. And I respect peoples , such as Mr Redundants, opinions and I don't want to turn into an enemy to some guys here, such as Shuzer, but I'm tired of all this ****ing bitching and bashing against Xbox just because microsoft made it.

THAT is prejudice.

I've always been a PC fanboy but absolutely love Xbox. I dont understand why people seem to have the need to categorise themselves as either Console freaks or PC freaks. Both have good and bad points, I personally find Xbox by far the better console, plus it's the only controller that i can comfortabley use.

And it is a fact that the vast majority of people who hate X-Box have never even played it.

Kakihara: I have exactly the same opinion as you do, as a guideline to those who might not understand my earlier jibberish.

wow guys. i've played xbox a lot...i gave it a chance. don't like it. it's an opinion...stop saying my opinion is crap...it's an opinion and it can't be wrong, just disagreed with.

and stop saying people who don't like xbox are "bitching" about it...no..i'm not complaining about the xbox...that's what i'd be doing if i liked it overall but didn't like some specific thing about it. in this case, i really don't like the entire thing or its games.

and yes, splinter cell was an exception.

I could care less about microsoft or the fact that the kiddies think if you dont like xbox your not "cool", and if you dont own one your "poor".

heres my opinion:
I dont like the controllers. I dont like 99% of the games. Anything worth playing(for me) comes out on PS2 first(or only on the ps2).

thats to hard for some folks to understand....

btw..... be good and jesus will give you a ps2 http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0104/ps2.html :LOL:

crabcakes66 said:
I could care less about microsoft or the fact that the kiddies think if you dont like xbox your not "cool", and if you dont own one your "poor".

heres my opinion:
I dont like the controllers. I dont like 99% of the games. Anything worth playing(for me) comes out on PS2 first(or only on the ps2).

thats to hard for some folks to understand....

btw..... be good and jesus will give you a ps2 http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0104/ps2.html :LOL:

1. It's not hard to understand that you don't like the Xbox as a personal opinion, but I was speaking about those who hate xbox just because they don't like MS or consoles..
I don't like Gamecube or PS2 myself. But that's just my opinion , so please don't send bombs to my house, all Gamecub'ers and PS2-ers.
I respect your opinion since it's reasonable and not based on some stupid MS-hate and prejudice stuff.

2. LOL :LOL: @ That URL... "Kids ! This is real easy! Just have one of daddys checks at hand when Jesus answers the phone - And you'll qualify for a free game disk! Awesome!

3. You could care less? You mean you care about Microsoft and kids thinking you're not cool or outta money if you don't own an Xbox?

why do peeps dis games off when its totally personal feelings, yet they make it seem like the games are shit. but there not, Halo was great fun . all these games are great. PC users wont be moaning when it hits PC. atleast most of them.. and before you moan at me Im a PC fanboy, but i also own an Xbox. :)

Its Teritorial! I say. why cant we just all get .. along..

Back