Halo 2 versus Half Life 2?

S

skrip00

im not comparing graphics or technical aspects, but im wondering, which game will be a favorite...

Half Life original was an awesome singleplayer game, with a great story, and so is Halo

i think Halo2 will be an awesome competitor to Half Life 2, even if it is only released on Xbox, which i hope its not, cuz that would be dumb of microsoft...

Half Life2 delay is pissing me off as is...

i don't think Halo 2 has a chance in hell against HL2. (please don't bother with the fanboy accusations). Halo 2 just doesn't have anything of value when compared to HL2. compare the videos from both, it's clear that Halo 2 will be scripted to death, and that HL2 will offer a more diverse gaming experience. you know which will outlast the other. and i'm not talking about hours of gameplay, i'm talking about timeless gameplay. i can still play HL now and it's still a wonderful game. i go back to Halo and i can see the holes and general shoddiness (noticed it the first time round anyway).

so anyway, HL2 gets my vote.

Comparing Halo 2 vs Half-Life 2 is similar to comparing Doom 2 vs Quake 2.

:dozey:

Originally posted by Adam

Bullshit!

too...many...versus...threads...

I find it pointless to compare games. A waste of time. Just consider them individually, instead of comparing them all the time.

Originally posted by Dedalus
i don't think Halo 2 has a chance in hell against HL2. (please don't bother with the fanboy accusations). Halo 2 just doesn't have anything of value when compared to HL2. compare the videos from both, it's clear that Halo 2 will be scripted to death, and that HL2 will offer a more diverse gaming experience. you know which will outlast the other. and i'm not talking about hours of gameplay, i'm talking about timeless gameplay. i can still play HL now and it's still a wonderful game. i go back to Halo and i can see the holes and general shoddiness (noticed it the first time round anyway).

so anyway, HL2 gets my vote.

FANBOY!!!!11!1!11!1!1

Halo2 = X-Box Fanboys only game to hold on to claming its great but really its Overated Gay pile of blue sh*t. HL2 has shiny things and Driveable vehical too. even the Halo 2 enemies are retarded. little morons run away. in Halo that was especialy annoying.

Originally posted by Pitbul
Halo2 = X-Box Fanboys only game to hold on to claming its great but really its Overated Gay pile of blue sh*t. HL2 has shiny things and Driveable vehical too. even the Halo 2 enemies are retarded. little morons run away. in Halo that was especialy annoying.

lol, you my friend are a fanboy. Halo is an excellent game, so is Half Life and in the same respect Halo 2 and HL2 will also be excellent experiances. If Halo was not so good why was every body desperate to get it on PC ey?

If you dont like Halo it is your opinion, you don't have to buy it, just like i dont have to buy Half life 2 if i don't want to.

Now lets end this argument with a handshake and a cup of coco in front of a warm December log fire.

:cheers:

Originally posted by GPRT
If Halo was not so good why was every body desperate to get it on PC ey?
HL2 didn't come out on the Sept 30th?
Just a guess...

Originally posted by Asus
HL2 didn't come out on the Sept 30th?
Just a guess...

ok then, when it went to xbox every one was pissed.
:bounce:

This is all I'll say:

ALL people I've met that have a tricked out PC and an Xbox, would rather have HL2 than Halo 2.

Originally posted by Adam

Doom2 special edition got better graphics than Halo2.

halo was fun and halo2 will be fun.

halflife was fun and halflife2 will be fun.

then again:

laughing when your friend farts is fun and laughing when your friend farts again will be fun.

smacking your GF for getting on yer nerves is fun. smacking your GF for no apparant reason will be fun.

thinking of terrible comparisons while being totally wasted is tedious...
shaba

shaba beee
shaba da be beee
ba dooooo

lsaföjaöljöalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

where's that mousss??

Originally posted by GPRT
If Halo was not so good why was every body desperate to get it on PC ey?

Because Halo was originally conspired to be released on X-Box, as it was. But the problem was, the original concept was for it to be more of a revolutionary new kind of gaming-focused computer system, rather than as the console system that is finally came to be. The only proof I can provide of this claim is that in the earlier phases of Halo development the concepts of X-Box as well as Halo were all over PC Gamer mag. You can also take into account the fact that they included a hard-drive into the system.

Than there is also the fact that the developers of Halo are collaborating with CPL. If you wern't aware of this, Halo is/will (I don't follow the game that closley) have it's own game-play mode specifically designed to be featured in CPL (http://www.thecpl.com/) tournaments.

Halo2 Vs Halflife2...

Lol goddamn, another Game Vs Game thread... will they ever stop.

I have both an Xbox and a Computer capable of playing Halflife 2 so i am looking forward to enjoying both experiences. People who say that one game will always be better then another WITHOUT actually playing the game are just idiotic and ignorant, and should be shot on site!

Halo 2 will have it's strong points just like Halflife 2 will, but in the end they will be totally DIFFERENT games, and in my opinnion, both will be liked extremely well.

Simple: If you havent played it, dont diss it, because when the time comes, your EXACT comments could come back to bite you in the arse.

-Razor2yk

Re: Halo2 Vs Halflife2...

Originally posted by Razorscott2YK
Lol goddamn, another Game Vs Game thread... will they ever stop.

Lol fag, another queer vs. thread... will you ever be strait.

Re: Re: Halo2 Vs Halflife2...

Originally posted by Ownzed

There's no need for personal insults like that Ownzed. Razorscott was making a valid obervation, there are too many of these game vs game threads cropping up at the moment.

Re: Re: Halo2 Vs Halflife2...

Hmmm? What's wrong with not being straight? (if that was what you were trying to write)

Originally posted by Top Secret
This is all I'll say:

ALL people I've met that have a tricked out PC and an Xbox, would rather have HL2 than Halo 2.

Let me be the first then. My PC may not be completely "tricked out" ...but it'll run HL2 just fine.

I don't really mind game vs. game threads because people are bound to have opinions on games and to have preferences and they should be able to discuss them. However everybody who gets involved in these discussions should realize that neither of them can be right and 'win' the argument so there is no point resulting to name calling, provocation or condescending speech. People will differ in their views from gameplay to graphics. Just say what you want to say and maybe you might even find out something you didn't know.

this is all teritorial bickering. if your into PC games ,HL-2
if your into X-box console games HALO 2, simple as that:dozey: , thats why PC users feel so bitter about HL-2 also coming out on X box... eventually. and then the next gen consoles.. in 1 to 2 years time.

i was talking more of storylines guys, not graphics, lol

both involve saving mankind, but which will be cooler doing so?

Gordon Freeman has an HEV, while the Master Cheif has his mjolinr sheild armor.

Seeing that Halo jest plain sucks on the computer I'm not at all hyped for part two.

Originally posted by H-52
Seeing that Halo jest plain sucks on the computer I'm not at all hyped for part two.

me neither

Re: Re: Re: Halo2 Vs Halflife2...

Originally posted by [CoHn]FuSeD
Hmmm? What's wrong with not being straight? (if that was what you were trying to write)

wtf do you mean whats wrong with that!? It's not right being gay. God didn't make us to be gay!

U can't compare Halo 2

It is pointless to try to compare these two games, they are too differnt. Since they are not yet released i will base the gameplay of Halo2 on the gameplay that was found in the orginal Halo. To keep up with the continuity that i want i will be using gameplay from Halflife to base what i have assertianed about halflife2....crap i got class.. i will finish this later

Halo 2 will give an experience Half Life 2 won't.

Half Life 2 will give an experience Halo 2 won't.

I think I will overally like Halo 2 better for a number of reason(s), shoot me.

Halo 2 will be teh pawnx0rz.
Half-Life 2 will be teh more pawnx0rz.

Which would I rather have? Half-Life 2...(I don't post on the Bungie forums), mainly because of the online aspect. Single player will no doubt be fun, but there's a certain quality to Half-Life's MP.

In terms of SP though, I'm more looking forward to Halo 2. Thought the story line was interesting, and it was fun to play.

When the games come out though, you'll have to get back to me with this opinion though. This is all relative to previous experience with both original titles. Who knows, maybe I'll hate one or the other when they come out...

HL2 > Halo 2, simply because of the systems.....Xbox cannot supply the resources to run any game at the same quality as a computer.... on my 1.6 p4 with a geforce 4 mx Halo looks 1426874629038 times better than it does on Xbox(with view distances infinetly larger), even without specular effects and some other extras. if Halo 2 comes out on PC at the same time as it does on Xbox, then they will be worth comparing, but HL2 PC vs Halo 2 Xbox only.....pathetic, HL2 would and will blow Halo 2 out of the water. plus, Halo 2 wont be as drastic of an improvement from halo 1 as HL2 will be from HL1.

and im defintely not a fanboy, because i like Halo a lot better than i do HL(although HL does have the classic feeling of being the first freakin awesome FPS ever).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Halo2 Vs Halflife2...

wtf do you mean whats wrong with that!? It's not right being gay. God didn't make us to be gay!

1. The Christian God doesnt exist.
2. All gays I know say they didnt choose to be.

On topic, if you ask me Half Life 2 is going to own Halo 2, simply because it Halo 2 is going to reek of port.

1. The Christian god does exist
2. That is because they are embarrsed about who the are

On topic, they are both gonna be really good games.
ps. it was adam and eve not adam and steve.

A homosexuality / religion debate.. no that can't go horribly wrong. :p

Half-Life 2 wins easily.. come on. At least pick a game that has a chance of competing, like STALKER.

How about that HALO PC demo.. boy was that a steaming pile..

Vanthem said:
A homosexuality / religion debate.. no that can't go horribly wrong. :p

Half-Life 2 wins easily.. come on. At least pick a game that has a chance of competing, like STALKER.

How about that HALO PC demo.. boy was that a steaming pile..

Hell, Halo should be a mod for Half-Life 2! :p

Yeah, Halo is SOOOO shallow compared to HL and HL2 (from what we know) Also the gameplay is VERY reppetative.

Back