Halo 2 vs. Half Life 2

C

Chiablo

As many of you know, Halo 2 was leaked a few days ago.

I've recently had the opportunity to play the leaked copy.

Halo 2 is very impressive, I hate to say. I hated Halo 1, but I'm actually having fun playing Halo 2.

I still feel that Half Life 2 is going to win. The graphics in HL2, and CS:S are more impressive than anything I've seen in Halo 2. Plus, you can tell the Xbox is being pushed beyond it's limits because every so often, during a cutscene, it chops... badly.

I forsee Halo 2 getting a 9/10 while Half Life 2 gets a 10/10.

And you know playing the leaked copy of Halo 2 is illegal right?

No...

Not another vs. thread.

/me cries ;(

WOW!

Did this need a new thread!

Haha! I sure don't think so!

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

And you *shouldn't* download leaked things..

If you would have searched, you would realise you CAN NOT compare these two games, mainly because HL2 isn't even out.

/me weeps quietly.

since when do graphics matter??
(not my words BTW)

Both of them are going to be great games, but they cater to a different audience, somewhat. Although if I had an Xbox I would be getting Halo 2 for sure.

I say we leave the "argument" at that.

The Bait said:
And you know playing the leaked copy of Halo 2 is illegal right?

WHO CARES?

Just try to tell me you haven't played the HL2 leak.

The Thing said:
No...

Not another vs. thread.

/me cries ;(

Tnx troll.

But yeah, at least we know from someone who has played Halo 2 (illegally, but played none the less) that, based on CSS, HL2 will probably win. Cheers!
:cheers:

vegeta897 said:
WOW!

Did this need a new thread!

Haha! I sure don't think so!

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

And you *shouldn't* download leaked things..

If you would have searched, you would realise you CAN NOT compare these two games, mainly because HL2 isn't even out.

/me weeps quietly.
Yeah, really, did this need a whole new thread? Some people just make no sense. :rolleyes:

Baal said:
WHO CARES?

No I havent played the leaked copy of HL2. Why? Is it a crime that I havent played it?

Just for admitting you played it, administrators here could give your IP and host to Bungie for persecution, way to go smart one.

This thread.. I'm lost for words.

In any forum worth it's salt you'd be perma-banned, instantly.

i play HL2 1_1

Halo 2 may have good grafix but its kinda sad when it goes

that its one GREAT improvment is deul weapons

UndercoverBob said:
i play HL2 1_1

Halo 2 may have good grafix but its kinda sad when it goes

that its one GREAT improvment is deul weapons

How eloquent. Try again and see if you can make it make sense the second time around.

Oxygenetic said:
Just for admitting you played it, administrators here could give your IP and host to Bungie for persecution, way to go smart one.

Actually, it doesn't work that way. They have no right to, by words or IP, ban or prosecute you because you "Said you had played the Halo 2 leak/warez/whatever". If that's what you think the maybe you shouldn't speak at all.

I liked Halo 1. It was better for X-Box (graphics wise) but the pc version had the online multi-player.

Baal said:
WHO CARES?

Microsoft does. They're actually searching for anyone who is attempting to/has downloaded the leaked version, and are suing for the maximum amount of money that can be charged for piracy, which is $10,000. I was trying to download it, though I don't have an XBOX, but when I found that out, I cancelled the download. I would not suggest anyone to download the Halo2 leak. Seriously.

Back to the topic:
Here the way I look at it...
Halo 2
-Vehicles are destructable
Reason--Yes, Source allows that to be modded in, but Halo2 already has it

-Fight the Covenant on Earth
Reason--I always liked the Covenant, and fighting them on familar territory would be cool

-Plasma guns
Reason--Plasma guns are just plain cool

-Drive hovercrafts and other alien ships
Reason--Half-Life 2 has vehicles, yes, but not pilotable alien vehicles

-Cutscenes
Reason--I love how VALVe made Half-Life and Half-Life 2 seem more realistic, with no cinimatics, but cinematics are cool

Half-Life 2
-Awesome water reflection/refraction
Reason--No reason needed. Just plain awesome

-No cutscenes
Reason--It's refreshing to be playing the entire way, without stopping to watch some movie

-Zero Point Gun
Reason--Gravity gun. What's not good about a gravity gun? Gra-vi-ty!

-Wide array of weaponry
Reason--Games with lots of weapons are just plain awesome

-Various enemies
Reason--There were very few types of different Covenant, so it began to get slightly repetitive. Seems to be the same way with H2, and larger varieties keep the game more fun

Both Games
-Physics
Reason--Definately adds realism

-Ragdolls
Reason--See physics

-Fighting aliens
Reason--Fighting humans can get boring, because they generally are alike (See FarCry)

-Graphics
Reason--I'm not oe to rely on graphics, and graphics don't make a game, but they sure do help!

As you can see, both games have their ups and downs. I guess we'll just have to wait for both games to come out too know!

-Brad

Last i heard Halo 2 dosn't have ragdolls...
HL2's physics is the current best.

But you must remember, all of HL2's mods are apart of HL2 therefor you must include that in your insight. Because when HL2 comes around there will be mods, these mods will bring it to a newer level thus making it overall better. You see my point?

But they will be made by other people, therefore not actually part of Half-Life 2. Expansions/updates would be part of Half-Life 2, but mods would be completely different. That's just using the Source engine, with the Half-Life 2 GUI, so to speak. And I don't see how Bungie could expect to sell Halo 2 without ragdolls.

Yes but in order to play those u need HL2, thus since you need HL2 it can be added on thus they are linked to HL2 in that perspective.

Only children fear authority. Is it really worth it for a huge company to track down a guy who said he played it. NO!. Thousands of people have the game. You think they are tracking them all down at expense? NO!

They are looking for people distributing it though. Fight the source not the problem. DUR.

OK i shall refraise my sentence Halo2s olney new feature is deul weapons

Undercover, your pretty much right. A mod team could of made Halo 2 faster....

Instead of trying to prove which game has the bigger peen....why don't we just enjoy them both? If we dont like one, then we still have the other. If we do not like either..then we really shouldn't be here ;)

KagePrototype said:
Unless there's a shadow bug, of course. ;)
Oh, God. Don't get She started on the shadow bug! That's like poking a hungry Great White Shark with a cattle prod that's a half-metre long in the nose!

Half Life 2 rocks. Halo 2 rocks. End of story.

And the maximum amount you can be forced to pay for downloading, ect, the Halo 2 leak is $100,000. Trust me, it's incredibly smarter to just wait three small weeks. And incredibly less rude to the team at Bungie.

Why download the leaked version of Halo 2 when it is coming out really soon?

UndercoverBob said:
OK i shall refraise my sentence Halo2s olney new feature is deul weapons
first, learn to spell. second, halo2 != the 2002 e3 build. maybe you'll change your mind when the reviews roll in, but i doubt it.

people love Halo2 it has a strong fanbase so I think it will do well in its reveiws

They're both different games, just like Doom 3 and Half-Life 2, it all depends on personal preference; why can't we end all these 'Which one is better' polls, because they will always be biased towards someone's personal opinion, and yes, I know I just contradicted myself, but I am too lazy to think of something else to say to get my point across. As well, this is a Half-Life 2 forum, so results will be highly biased.

epmode said:
first, learn to spell. second, halo2 != the 2002 e3 build. maybe you'll change your mind when the reviews roll in, but i doubt it.
First, check you facts. The leaked version is the full version. Complete, but in French with English subtitles.
Warlock said:
And the maximum amount you can be forced to pay for downloading, ect, the Halo 2 leak is $100,000. Trust me, it's incredibly smarter to just wait three small weeks. And incredibly less rude to the team at Bungie.
Did I put $10,000? I meant $100,000. One less zero, but a huge difference ;)
It's totally not worth it. Within three weeks, you could play $50 for a game you risk paying $100,000. And not even English, or your primary language, but French, unless French is your primary language, but then you have annoying English subtitles below!

these VS polls are kind of pointless its not so much about what game is better. but about what people prefer, and different people prefere different things

BetaMaster said:
First, check you facts. The leaked version is the full version. Complete, but in French with English subtitles.
i'm well aware of this. i doubt that the other poster has played it, or he wouldn't be spouting off such a cliche insult.

Back