Hammer Video Tutorials

Yeah, after I finished recording I realized that I probably should have used a lght_enviroment :p

Hmm, I can't seem to be able to open the first .rar video...

I tried Quicktime and WMP.

It is encoded in Xvid.. if you were refering to mine. And you must use Winrar to unzip it.

ooo very sexy tut mr cool head...if i were a girl i would date you...but im not so get over it...pffftt

I'm a complete newb at this and for some reason, I can never spawn in my maps to try and see if what I did worked... anyone have any idea what's wrong? (and yes, I did put an entity for info_player_terrorist/counterterrorist)

Death_Addict said:
littleproblem8st.jpg

i know what your saying bro, im having the same problem as well, with hammer and with css. When i play css, some maps the people in css turn black, and they start to glow diffrent colors. I have nvidia as well and maybe its because of that, or maybe our css has a missing or infected file. But i dont know, i have the same problems tho

Sean_Fo said:
I'm a complete newb at this and for some reason, I can never spawn in my maps to try and see if what I did worked... anyone have any idea what's wrong? (and yes, I did put an entity for info_player_terrorist/counterterrorist)

your saying that when u make a spawn and u play test the map u cant play, like it says ct's is full and also t's? Well ill try my best to tell u. When u make a spawn just make sure it doesnt touch any texture and make sure its floating and not touching the ground. Hope that helped, but if it still doesnt then i dont know.

coolhead, thanks for the link. works fine now. im about to watch your tutorial, thanks for that too. a community like this is the only way ill be able to get into mapping.

Yet another great set of tut's, IchI! I fiddled with the hammer interface for 20 minutes without drawing so much as a single brush, and I made a tiny crappy little map in the same time, after I'd watched those vids.... Thanks mate!

Is anyone else having problems with the swing rope? I'm just building alot of cool functions for CSS seperately so I can use them later and one was a swing rope bridge, similar to azter except it works more like a decrepid bridge. Anyways, my rope won't link to my func_physbox that i'm using as the basis for the bridge, if I don't parent it, as it's done in the tut, it auto links to the center of the map, if I do parent it, it just doesnt show up at all. Is there any differences for CSS over DM or things that won't work? I'll keep at it incase I'm just dumb and missed something which is very likely.

Keep up the good work, the tuts help alot.

I figured out through a few tests that the constraints are working fine and it's basically just the visual image of the ropes being attached to the bridge. They either all attach to the center of the level or nothing.

and azter = aztec in the last post...damn no edit

Incase my other download links ever happens to go down, I've got a new host you can download it from.

Dowload - Creating a 3d skybox in Hammer for Half-Life 2.

And now that I have a new host... www.stieffers.com :)

I also am having the same problem as RandomHavoc, ropes are all going to the center of the map anytime they are parented to something. Thanks for anyhelp

Does Anyone have any links to the actual program I can download and A starting tutorial for Half life 2 I found some for cs but that dosen't help

what program are you refering to?

as for beginner tutorials, that's what this thread is about... :rolleyes:

More tutorials. Just what I need, thank you very much.

The community needs guys like you and I for one really appreciate it.
I personally could do with a tut on constructing nice clean BSP. I am from the Unrealed school and Unrealed is more forgiving on BSP erros than hammer. Perhaps a tut on what not to do would be gooo

demetri skyboxes are really easy man i could show you in like 2 seconds and you will be like "OOOhhhhhh so thats how they're made, tooooo easy!" seriously
PM me your AIM name if you have one and i can help you tonight

demetri said:
yea, You should make a video on skybox's :imu:

Ummm... look above your post. There is a big Download link... except spelled Dowload (woops)
:hmph:

@IchI

I've just downloaded the Basic-Room Tutorial and I have to say that I am really impressed.

Great work and thanks a lot for making this tutorial! :)

AndyX

Thank u very much... theese videos have really helped.
I've actually been able to make a map now. (i know, im a n00b to modding and mapping)
I've made a real thight and closed up aim_map :)
named aim_ugly

Hey guys i have a problem when I go to make anything i can only see wireframes even on people i see only their wireframe no texture what so ever also walls have no textrues as well is there something wrong with my hammer or do I have to turn something on in view tab?
By the way nice vids Ichi

click (or right-click, i forget) in the top corner (of your 3d viewport) where it says 'camera' or whatever, and select 'textured'.

if that's not the problem, i dunno.

It worked but its all in Blue I dont see any of the colours u just see blue shading also is there a way to resize some of the windows like Texture Group, Vis Group Thnx

btw... can someone show me a good water tutorial.. ive seen a few and done exactly as they say... but i still cant see the water, but when i jump in to it, i can se the water beneath... i've been struggling with that water shit for 5 hors and i cant get it to work...
So please, make a water tut or show me where i can find one thats good

This is odd. How come in the first video the guy's hostage and box have textures?? I do not understand how he was able to apply the textures. I followed everything he did, and I do not see the hostage. I just see the model.

I figured that out, but why is my box not brick? This doesn't make sense. :(

MCRAT_59 said:
i went to the site and got the decompiler and installed it and when i tried to run it, it come up with the error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

have any of you had this problem?

also, if anyone could make a tut. to make breakable glass like in cs_office that would be great

I need to know how you change the bombs kill radius. the map I made is pretty small.

and how do I make a env_particlelight, im guessing this is the entity for the dust particles like you see for example in the projector room in office

Back