Happy Thanksgiving HL2.net!

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Time for family, turkey, and lots of eating. :D

To share the spirit of the day let's share our favorite part of the meal and one thing we're thankful for.

I'm looking forward to pumpkin pie the most this year. It's so delicious with the spices I should really have it more during the year.
I'm grateful for cars so I don't have to walk everywhere in the cold this winter!

Gobble gobble.

On this day two hundred years ago, Abraham Lincoln sacrificed his only son to god in order to free the turkeys from slavery.

That's what I understand from watching American TV anyway.

Never really understood what the point of Thanksgiving is, but any excuse to stuff your face is OK in my book.

"happy thanksgiving to the americans. everyone else can **** off" - this is what I got from the OP

happy turkey day americanos

Yea we did Thankgiving last month, a little late eehhhh?

Happy thanks giving to all our members out there in the rebellious colonies.

Who are you thanking, what are you giving? And why.

"Thanks be to the red people for giving us this land over their dead bodies"

We're giving thanks to each other for helping rid the indian scourge from this holy land.

We celebrate the removal of these heathen scum from our (read: your) blessed land.

deviled eggs. that is all.

I find most thanksgiving food to be incredibly dull.

I also love family get together time, but not when it's an obligation.

Blegh.

Ok, I laughed at this. All the way from using 'Indian' to 'holy land.'

Go back to Delhi, Sitting Bull!

I am thankful for quantum tunneling and the dominance of matter over anti-matter.

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm filling myself so I can keep warm standing outside of Best Buy for my Asus Transformer. Might sip on some warm apple cider schnapps to increase that effect, as well as help me ignore the crowd.

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm filling myself so I can keep warm standing outside of Best Buy for my Asus Transformer. Might sip on some warm apple cider schnapps to increase that effect, as well as help me ignore the crowd.

So give me the rundown on the Transformer? Why are you outside a best buy for one? Can't you buy it on Amazon?

I wonder how well it'd run zbrush. Though if it's android, I don't even know if it can.

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Americans! Also, happy Black Friday, because we own that too.

Good man.

This is the time of year where we remember the things that are truly important in life. Such as the laws of physics that govern the existence and behavior of matter.

Oh god I'm so hungry, I can't wait for this turkey

Oh god I'm so hungry, I can't wait for this turkey

To fill your mouth with its dryness and its blandness!

Turkey is just a vessel for gravy.

An exception would be nothing but dark meat turkey. White meat is shit, dark meat is the shit.

So give me the rundown on the Transformer? Why are you outside a best buy for one? Can't you buy it on Amazon?

I wonder how well it'd run zbrush. Though if it's android, I don't even know if it can.
It seems to be a Best Buy exclusive deal (meaning I can't find it less than $350 anywhere else - Tigerdirect.com and Amazon are the lowest). Best Buy is selling it as a doorbuster for $250. That's a pretty damn good deal for the specs.

Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual-core 1Ghz processor
1GB RAM
16GB Storage, with MicroSD expandable up to 32GB
Capacitive LED IPS Display (same as iPad 2) 1280 x 800 native
Android 3.1 (Asus says on it's website "Upgradable to Ice Cream Sandwich").
Front and rear cameras with 5MP autofocus rear shooter
GPS with Google Maps and Navigation
WiFi 802.11b/g/n, no 3G
Bluetooth

Plus, they have the keyboard dock ($150) for $100. My plan is: Get the tablet and keyboard dock at Best Buy. If I cannot get a ticket (they hand out tickets for doorbuster items, guaranteeing that item for those who possess a ticket in order to stop people bumrushing the store), I will just purchase it online for $350 and wait on the keyboard dock to fall lower than $150.

It's a tablet, not a tablet-PC, so no Windows. Therefore, I doubt it runs zbrush. I'm mainly using it for e-reading on my commutes, note-taking during lectures, video/YouTube playback, email, and word processing. I'm tired of lugging around my 20lb laptop wherever I go. I was going to use the money to buy a new, lighter, and better performing laptop. But I think this alternative plan will work better. I'll now have the extra cash to spend on a desktop that'll perform miles ahead of any laptop I could originally afford.

Here's a review with the keyboard dock.

Oh joy. Well we weren't having thanksgiving at my uncle's house, since he and his wife are going to be in California. Instead, we're just gonna be at my house.

Thing is, two of my cousins come over which is all fine and good, but they bring a friend. I have enough ****ing stress problems with family around my house which just bursts my bubble, let alone some unknown person coming over for who the **** knows why.

I know, I'm a bitch.

Had a good thanksgiving. Good food and good conversations.

im thankful for the inside of my dick. without it, my dick would be hollow, or maybe completely filled in. and that would suck.

Happy Thanksgiving! I went for a couple of hours yesterday and from 10 AM 'til now to help my friend make dinner for friends and labmates, clean up, etc. We used to have a prof here that hosted for all the sad lonely grad students, but he left for another university :(. We did turkey (20-lbs of it), stuffing, yams, and roasted veggies. My 2nd time making turkey. Every year it's like "Man I've gotta take a break next year," but by the time next year rolls around, we'll probably be all like "Hey we should do Thanksgiving again." I guess the hardest parts are the turkey being gross to handle, and clean-up.

My favorite part of the meal is cranberry sauce, and I'm thankful that even though the grocery store was completely out of fresh cranberries (the best!), I managed to find the last two cans of whole berry sauce. And of course thankful for all our nice friends that came over and brought even more yummy food.

my back kinda hurts now lol

p.s. @ Raz re: dry white meat... breast-side-down is the way to go. It doesn't come out a pretty crispy brown color and you get rack lines across the breast, but it's soooooo juicy :p

Had front row seats to the Ravens game, thankful for my friend shelling out $2000 for 4 of us.

Back