Has anyone seen this? [NOT a spoiler]

Ghoti

Reaction score
Take a look at this. Am I missing any options?

Reinstalling did no good. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

looks like something from thel eak, but i aint saying ne thing, just reinstall

From the leak? Hardly, I preloaded via Steam and purchased via Steam. Never touched the leak. And, as I've said in my original post, I did try reinstalling (thankfully, I didn't get the 'Servers are too busy' message). I submitted a support request which has thus far been unanswered, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this and which options should be where the odd punctuation is, if any.

Ghoti said:
Take a look at this. Am I missing any options?

Reinstalling did no good. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

You probably need to delete the half-life 2/hl2 folder (the hl2 one). That will remove the menu files and everything else. It will then get them from the cache again. Hopefully it will work.

I had a weird thing in there when I first played. There were 2 or 3 lines at the bottom, like yours, and they were all weird text. Can hardly remember what it said now, but a < and > symbols and maybe something saying "shift"?

Dunno, but I had weird things there at first, but ever since that 1st time I loaded it they haven't been there.

They've been there on my menu since HL2 was first unlocked. Even after a reinstall.

I've also had a few extra on the key list... I bound one of them and unlocked one of Gordon's uber secret special powers...

mine also had an extra mystery key. I used it and found out that it makes gordan talk and taunt the enemy.

Somehow, I find myself doubting the previous two posters' words.

I also had weird looking text at the bottom of the controls, but mine didnt do any cool things like the previous two posters. :)

I have had that problem too, and in CS:Source (or at least the Beta)

I had some of those keys too. The ">" when bound made Gordon pee on the side of walls. Very cool for the realism factor. Thanks VALVe!!! :)

Yup, same thing here. I assumed they were placeholders for binding more functions (for future releases or mods). I have not actually tried using one of them however.

I had one that was : P as in the :p smilie but it did nothing. Shame really.

Back