Have you played the leak?

Have you played the leak?

• Total voters
No, but I kinda want to for that gun that glues stuff together :p

I have it but beside using the manipulator, it's not fun to play. The best thing about the leak are those music mp3. Some very good music in there!

Actually I was about to I didn't want any trouble with the law, if Gabe Noob would have not cared it would have been great if it was legal.

I got some weird "rare" build, it showed me some scenes that really spoiled things for me that I wish I hadn't seen.

It includes some unclothed scenes with Barney and Kleiner as well as interspecies sex...

I really wish I hadn't seen it...but I'm still buying the game *teehee*

User Name said:
So...have you?

I haven't.
I can guarentee you no one played the halflife2 "leak" because there was none. Unless you mean the Halflife2 stolen build? Ah yes a lot of people played that!

Sorry, just had to say it. One of my pet peeves. A leak is when the game goes to an official outside source (like a magazine for review) and some employee breaks the NDA big time and puts either gives it to his friend or posts it on the internet.

Half-Life2 was hacked directly from Valve, Gabe's computer. It was STOLEN from HIS computer.

I never even considered downloading the leak. Didn't want to risk spoiling something I have been waiting for the last couple of years.

Of course i did. I also burned it on 150 CDs and sold them at my school.

flo_Orian said:
Of course i did. I also burned it on 150 CDs and sold them at my school.
Lol Funny! How much money you make?
My school they don't even know what halflife/halflife2 is but are all crazy for San andreas and HALO2. "halo 2 graphics are going to be awesome"!!.They go crazy over halo 2. I'm just going to bring them over to my house and set up a ps2/or xbox next to my pc and load up like doom3 or farcry (or if halflife2 is out) turn everything on high. and go look! What has better graphics n00bs?

LOL :D

just kiddin', i not even dled the leak.

But well, ill await the fbi oO

Yeah, there wasnt really much to "play" at all really. It was nice to play with the physics though. Very fun infact.

i downloaded the leak, no shame here.... (i bought the game on steam, so im not as much of a dirty filthy pirate :) )

and it was not as incomplete as people say... there were a certain series of levels (cant give information i dont think, lets just say it rhymes with "boastdyne") that were quite fun for a few hours....

(i would like to restate that i paid my money to valve, and i didnt give out any spoilers, so please dont ban me!)

SimonomiS said:
Ok, now how many peoples versions had Trojans or viruses?
mine had...wiped them out before doing anything else with it..

only enjoyed the physics and a minor spoilerish lvl... nothing big though.. but i did ruine the combine deal for me..at least i think i did..

yes I played the leak and I don't regret it

Sorry, just had to say it. One of my pet peeves. A leak is when the game goes to an official outside source (like a magazine for review) and some employee breaks the NDA big time and puts either gives it to his friend or posts it on the internet.

Half-Life2 was hacked directly from Valve, Gabe's computer. It was STOLEN from HIS computer.

It all amounts to the same thing, so why get upset about a small technicality?

UserName, I love your sig! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Muahahahahaha.

FoB_Ed said:
yes I played the leak and I don't regret it

It all amounts to the same thing, so why get upset about a small technicality?

Yeah as long as people don't call it a 'beta', it's fine.

I played the leak, and I regret it a little. The temptation was too much too handle ..
I haven't really been spoiled by the leak, compared to how much I've (might) have been spoiled on this board.

It's more dangerous to visit this board then to play the leak ;)

Btw: It gave me the guarantee that HL2 was gonna rock badly once completed..

I played it. I didn't bother downloading it, but when I had access to an already downloaded copy from a friend, I gave it a try.

No regrets. When I decided to try it, I knew there'd be spoilers, and accepted that probability. Besides, I was very interested to check out the technology, since a mod I'm involved in will be using it.

Incidentally, I don't like these polls that put words in your mouth... "Oh yes! I just couldn't resist the temptation." People may have tried it for entirely different reasons. A simple yes or no would have done the job.

But how know people on this forum all those info to spoil this forum with? From the leak I think.

When I heard of the leak I thought I didn't wanted to play it, just because I respect Valve because of all the years of hard work spend on it and because of the chance being spoiled. But one day when I came home from school my brother came to me and shouted,"Come and see, I have the leak of HL2!" First I thought,"shit you little motherf*cker!" But because he is my brother we share the same mom so calling him that is a little weird :p And I thought looking the leak for a few secs doesn't harm anybody. So the only thing I've seen from it are a few zombies kicking barrels into your direction. The same day the leak was removed from the hd.

128 have and 129 haven't. Seems pretty split down the middle. Having said that, I must say I did. Like thefiznut said, the physics are awe-inspiringly cool.

I've "played" it. Spoiled nothing.

I remember aaaaageeees ago when there was a topic about this, it was a completly open poll, (it listed who voted for what.) it was quite interesting who had played it and who had not.

Anyone else remember that thread?

I havent...
Was afraid of spoilers...im free of em even now...Hehehehl2heheh

How come there isn't a "I'll play the leak after I finish the game" poll option? :p

I'm curious to see what's been cut. (Before anyone spazzes out, I bought the Gold package over Steam. I know that still doesn't make it "right" to d/l the leak, but like I said I'm curious.)

I try to download it but my internet connection is soo slow so I didnt do it
anyway it was 25% in a month

Ummmm...
HL2 got leaked?
HL2 is being made?
Wow, ive been living under a rock!

Back