Hazard Course

I think the hazard course should release use the physics. Where it shows you how everything it did in HL1, then a part where it shows you how the physics and be used etc...

Maybe the very start of the game will be training, so in other words you have no choice but to do it, its hardly going to be a complex game afterall.

Like you would get some bigger guns at the very start but the training is part of the story and the combines capture you and take all your equipment..as we have seen that the combines capture you, im sure we have?

Or maybe they just wont have a very good traning part...it will just be basic's set in an enviroment totally made up and out of the game world you'll be playing in just to familiarize yourself with HL2 in general.

when the scientists (im geussing) give u your suit they should like be like "here your suit gorden if you want to refresh yourself with the basics we have set up a cource in the basement"

That would make sense actually because then they could show you how to use the Manpulator - seeing as that's going to be very important...

I think all the functions of the hazard course will just be done through the first part of the game. The whole section in the very beginning, when you have no weapons, will be spent getting accustomed to basic movements and actions. For example, when the combine police tells you to pick up the bottle and put it in the trash can, you are practicing moving objects (or getting beaten).

Once you get a weapon, you will probably go through some easy section where you can practice shooting. Once you get the manipulator, I'm sure Dr. Kleiner, or whoever gives it to you, will point you to an area with some physics objects and give you some time to practice with it.

UndercoverBob said:
when the scientists (im geussing) give u your suit they should like be like "here your suit gorden if you want to refresh yourself with the basics we have set up a cource in the basement"
Yeah but that makes no sense... If the player has gotten that far, they already know how to play..

I think it would be best if we all just shutup until the game is out.
Best solution.

lol combine:"pick up the garbage"citizen: "but its dirty" Combine:"NOW" !SMACK!

Maybe the HL2 menu will somehow connect to HL:Source which connects to the original HC (a beefed up version).

More likely, though, I think it will be in the game after the beginning (where there isn't really a need to know you abilities) and tied in to the story and characters. It would be a good way to show-off some of the character animation and stuff, if they wanted to do that.

Perhaps in the beginning noone knows who Gordan is. One of these incompetants may teach Gordon how to play.

Respectfully Gordon won't mouth off.

i just hope there is no "resistence trainging ground" that would be gay

UndercoverBob said:
i just hope there is no "resistence trainging ground" that would be gay
Why? Sounds very plausible to me.

i just would like a more scientist related HC if there were a bunch of Citizens running around like a WW2 boot camp i just think that a Bootcamp would not have an HL feel to it. you know how everyone talks about the game having atmosthere well i just think it wouldent fit. naby a training thing for citizens that isent so bootcampish. i should have said a boot campish trainigh ground would be stupid

Maybe the Hazard coarse doesnt have anything to do with the story

But that wouldnt be very Half life-y at all

Well, I said in another thread ages ago that I reckon some crazy dream memory of the Black Mesa Hazard Course would be both a good way to train and a cool way to relive a teensy bit of HL...

You could have the course, but with cracks in the ceiling and floor with stars whooshing past like in the train at the end of HL... and maybe a few "ghosts" of scientists and alien slaves... that sort of thing...

Brian Damage said:
Well, I said in another thread ages ago that I reckon some crazy dream memory of the Black Mesa Hazard Course would be both a good way to train and a cool way to relive a teensy bit of HL...

You could have the course, but with cracks in the ceiling and floor with stars whooshing past like in the train at the end of HL... and maybe a few "ghosts" of scientists and alien slaves... that sort of thing...

i like this idea...it could really work..well, considering we don't know the story.. its a pretty darn good idea :)

Eli offers you a training in his *******...
or something like that.

She said:
Eli offers you a training in his *******...
or something like that.

I hope you aren't basing this off leaked content.

A "Dream Course" would just be ridiculous. It wouldn't fit with the HL atmosphere if you ask me.

There was already a thread exactly like this one a while back. It had some amazing ideas in, like e.g, Gordon is sleeping and he dreams about the old hazard course but also bits from BMRF, then someone wakes him up. I explain it craply, so I suggest you have a gander [heck, have a goose if you want!] at some of the old threads.

EDIT: Oops... lokks like Brian beat me to it

:p

Something i read, mentions that alyx sais "I found him wandering around outside" i think that must be part of the hazard course.. like you run into alyx while doing it.

Has anyone here ever played GUNMAN: CHRONICLES? The way they emalgemated the training into the game was great. A spaceship crashed into the station, and soldiers helped you to get out. It was really well done.

Maybe, something goes wrong with the train? Like it is hijacked? Or breaks down?

I dunno, it sounded like a good idea in my head...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The HC will probably be the G-man making you go through a wamup run after you wake up. Or something like that.

I heard there was evidence in the leak of a hazard course layout. :O

Yellonet said:
Thanks Mr. Spoiler.
Umm.. I think we have already established that there indeed IS a hazard course...

The question is, where and when is it. (And what it will contain)

Yeah... Such a big freakin' spoiler.

All he said was that a Hazard Course of some sort existed. What exactly this is spoiling is beyond me.

vegeta897 said:
Umm.. I think we have already established that there indeed IS a hazard course...

The question is, where and when is it. (And what it will contain)
Did we? How? Pure speculation/rumour?

Absinthe said:
Yeah... Such a big freakin' spoiler.

All he said was that a Hazard Course of some sort existed. What exactly this is spoiling is beyond me.
It's the principle.

It could be the same hazard course that was in HL1 but updated to source graphics of course.

WARNING SPOILER!!!!
You learn how to move the NPC's around the map through obstacles...

Yellonet said:
It's the principle.

The principle? Who cares? It was harmless. He just stated that a kind of training course existed. Wow. I am shocked.

And besides, how do we even know he got that info from the build?

And even if there was a course in the build, that doesn't necessarily mean there will be one in the final.

But I think most of us believe there will be one.

It shouldn't be a suprise that a hazard course would be included. It's not like everyone buying HL2 has played HL1. Heck, HL2 will still be significantly different than HL1, and people would still need the hazard course.

Anyways, what I'm saying is it is pretty obvious that there will be a hazard course, but what I want to know is if it is somehow connected to the story, like HL1s hazard course was.

Absinthe said:
I am shocked.
I'm not.

Personally I wouldn't tell something about the game that wasn't commonly known. I do infact think about other people sometimes.

Ok ok... maybe we "knew" that there was going to be a HC. But if I knew I wouldn't have told. Just don't say anything more ok people?

Yellonet said:
I'm not.

Personally I wouldn't tell something about the game that wasn't commonly known. I do infact think about other people sometimes.
let me get this straight.. you're at a half-life 2 message board, yet you don't want any new information? even something like as innocuous as "yes, there is a training course"?

what are you doing here, anyway?

epmode said:
let me get this straight.. you're at a half-life 2 message board, yet you don't want any new information? even something like as innocuous as "yes, there is a training course"?

what are you doing here, anyway?
I would want new info from official sources.. I might have overreacted on this HC matter... but what if someone had said something "new" like.. oh and Eli dies?
It's the principle.

Yellonet said:

I was being sarcastic.

But his statement effectively did no harm. He said there was a Hazard Course. Explain to me how this might actually ruin the game for you, or why the knowledge of an existent training course is somehow detrimental. It's not like he's exposing a never-before-seen feature, or a previously unknown an enemy, or part of the plot.

In any case, you don't even know where he got this information from, or if he's just making it up. So what's the biggy?

did you just say a spoiler?
oh and i think a flashback to the old HC would be coolest
EDIT:the spoiler thing is to yellownet

Yellonet said:
but what if someone had said something "new" like.. oh and Eli dies?
It's the principle.

There's a big difference between telling people that Elie dies and saying "There's a training course". One gives away a significant chunk of plot. The other doesn't.

So screw the principle. There are exceptions to every rule.

Back