Head-Humped Looking For Few members

cool, thx for the comments. You could give the humees flashlights then give the lvl lighting to no light at all. with very dim white lights and/flasing red ones.
Then in places like the armoury you could put it to full britness so the humans dont have to clean there pants out every game. :)

Dark

What types of levels are you currently considereing? Ravenholm? Black Mesa Cramped?

What would be interesting would be the common Combine Supermarket. That would be fun.

Jintor said:
What types of levels are you currently considereing? Ravenholm? Black Mesa Cramped?

What would be interesting would be the common Combine Supermarket. That would be fun.
Black mesa at the moment so It's very very cramped fighting. CTF would be more open, with multiple routes, maybe set in ravenholm-esque places.

Yeah, and possibly, because it will span both timelines, a combine set place, true.

As for the lighting. Some places will be well lit (To give off a safe style), and then suddenly switch off when a headcrab players gnaws through a power box, leaving 5 seconds of pitch black (Complete with quiet but effective change in music) before the security lights and sirens turn on. That would be hell scary.

Oh, and no flashlights probably ;)

Oh the limb thrower would be cool, but if it touches a living player, the arm latches on and makes you slower and takes health away. So you would have to shoot it off before it kills you. Now i don't know if this can be done in the game, but i think so, if the head crabs can latch on to a player. Oh BTW who is the coder?

Hmm, it may be a bit late - but I'd be interested in doing a teensy bit of concept art. If you give me something to draw I'll quite happily sketch something out and post something over the next frew days. :)

Yeah, people preferably :)

What kind of characters are we looking at? Citzens? Zombies?

JiMmEh said:
Yeah, people preferably :)

What kind of characters are we looking at? Citzens? Zombies?
We need a Grunt concept. Preferably to look a little like the HL1 one, but you have complete and utter poetic licence on that front.

Anyways, update: We are now on www.moddb.com :D

Ok people! This mod is now submitted to www.moddb.com
Let's hope someone spots it, eh? :D

http://mods.moddb.com/4843/ is the link to our mod. But I don't know how to add people to the mod's group.

Sure thing dekstar! I'll get something done over the next day or two :) Hopefully you'll like what you see ;)

Sweet, now yuo just need to figure out how to use Moddb : p

oh and Dekstar i am still working on my Face Classic map to show you.
Its taking a while cause it is going to rock : p

-NonStopableForce

NonStopableForce said:
Sweet, now yuo just need to figure out how to use Moddb : p

oh and Dekstar i am still working on my Face Classic map to show you.
Its taking a while cause it is going to rock : p

-NonStopableForce
Aye alright. Do you know how to use moddb? If so, tell me how to add you lot to the mod team.

dekstar said:
Aye alright. Do you know how to use moddb? If so, tell me how to add you lot to the mod team.

No, i dont know how, but i can figure it out. : p

I will talk to you tonight, on MSN, or i will be in our forums or something.

Also if you haven't already noticed

http://mods.moddb.com/4843/ said:
By ::ForK | Mon 14th, Mar 2005 @ 1:27:50pm
Going to need a working website up before I can auth this. PM me when you got it going.

-NonStopableForce

Aye, I PM'd him about our website designers situation.

kebean, i am, but we are still looking for another, cause i have never mod coded b4 and dont know exactly wat to do, i could figure it out, but would like a partner.

rpgprog said:
kebean, i am, but we are still looking for another, cause i have never mod coded b4 and dont know exactly wat to do, i could figure it out, but would like a partner.
You can have one soon, it's just he's busy with other things at the moment. so if you just start to learn, then we can put it to good use when we get this other guy.

Hey guys, should we post a new thread with our new forum? Just wondering, cuz ours is kinda empty...

Kebean PFC said:
Hey guys, should we post a new thread with our new forum? Just wondering, cuz ours is kinda empty...
Someone's already added loads of weird new places on the forums... Wasn't me ;)

I'll have the grunt pictures up by tonight. It's looking OK so far :thumbs:

Sorry for the wait, been a bit busy lately - just so you know I've changed your standard rifle slightly Kebean. I know it's meant to look cool and everything but when designing stuff like weapons you've got to make it functional, and look cool. While it does look cool having the clip on the top, it's impractical, and means IRL you can't even aim the gun seeing as clips in the way. Like I said of course you've got to make it look cool, but you can't forget functionality. I've put the clip on the bottom side for now - but if you really wan't the clip out of the top it can be changed.

Ah finaly sorry dek, I lost my password. Finally remembered it...Ok can you update me on whats going on?

It does work with the clip in the top becuase there will be no iron sights. OH... BTW ever see the Bren LMG? The sights come out to the sides. I am a firarm enthusiast... trust, if it dont work, i didnt draw it :)
Clip out of the bottom is fine, but outta top, i think, is more unique

Sgt. Redneck said:
Ah finaly sorry dek, I lost my password. Finally remembered it...Ok can you update me on whats going on?
Everythings working good. Going nice and fast, but it's not going to burn out quickly. So at the moment we're waiting for our coder to learn how to do the basics like add escape points and stuff, and me and the others will get started on mapping.

our forums are up at www.head-humped.gaming-mansion.co.uk and NonStopableForce is working on the site, which will then let us get approved into www.moddb.com

Random stuff like that.

EDIT: Jimmeh, you must have seen something wrong with my pistol? Oh, by the way, I got my mate to render it in maya (Might not be in the actual game) and I'll upload the more detailed pictures of it tonight.

What is happening to our forums?
They were really screwed up last time i tried to use them...

Kebean PFC said:
What is happening to our forums?
They were really screwed up last time i tried to use them...
Yah. Something wrong with the main sites provider - they've gone down. It'll be back up soon. I hope.

o and we are still looking for another coder and a modeller

rpgprog said:
o and we are still looking for another coder and a modeller
Aye. We need a few modellers/skinners for the weapons and extra player models. And we have a coder, but need another one, for speed.

Well, as soon as you produce a site, I'll probably skulk around your messageboards and give coding advice. So I doubt you'll really need a second coder right away.

-Angry Lawyer

Well we have fourms right now, and as i speak(type) i am working on the site... : p

So do hang around the fourms, i will add some more sections for help or something like that.

-NonStopableForce

Angry Lawyer said:
Well, as soon as you produce a site, I'll probably skulk around your messageboards and give coding advice. So I doubt you'll really need a second coder right away.

-Angry Lawyer
Yeah man come to the forums - It's nice 'n' cool and you get free lemonade!

Just a recap: I tried posting for a little extra help on the Hl2world forums, and to be honest, they're a bunch of 7 year olds. You can dig up the thread if you wish, it's not really anything but a gauge on how immature that community is in General.

Uuuhm.. Our mod has been authorised on moddb.com :), so hopefully some people will see it and be interested in helping out. The site's coming along nicely and lots of good stuff is coming out of it.

-dekstar

can i help im a mapper.my email address is in my sig,im an ok mapper and if its a yes what kinds of maps?

Gordon's Brother said:
can i help im a mapper.my email address is in my sig,im an ok mapper and if its a yes what kinds of maps?
I'll talk with my colleagues about it. See what they want. :)

Back