Headcrab Model (sorry, gotta show off)

man, you should work together with the guy who made the combine suit, and hire yourselves to VALVe, make big money and get a penthouse in La!!!! :afro:
not kidding, it really is nice

Wow really nice! you've got teh skillz

man, you should work together with the guy who made the combine suit, and hire yourselves to VALVe, make big money and get a penthouse in La!!!! not kidding, it really is nice

w00t big money!

Mufflowne said:
Haha we could ask Gabe for manufacturing. We'd be soo 1337. But how did you make the mask?
I' m sure they sell masks like that at costume shops. I actully think there would be a market for stuff like that if they sold it. I know I would buy a Headcrab paperweight.

Or how about this a Barnacle lamp? You pull the tounge to turn it on. But at random times it sucks your hand into the lamp and you hear a crunch...... :sleep: that probly wouldn't sell oh well.

i didn't make the mask, i bought it. its a russian gasmask called the PMG. the combine masks in the game are based on it

How did you make the moddel of the headcrab? is it wireframe, or molded. Did you airbrush it or hand paint it? Is it squishy or hard ? can you show a pic of the bottom. or other angles ?

:) Updates

Ok, so Wonkers requested more pics, so here they are. sorry for the jpeg quality, it doesn't let me upload pics beyond 100 kb :/
Hope you like them anyway.

Flyingdebris said:
i didn't make the mask, i bought it. its a russian gasmask called the PMG. the combine masks in the game are based on it

Hey where did you buy it anyway? And how much for? I'd kill for one of them :D

awesome dude, put this in my room, and i'll piss my pants everytime i wake up... :naughty: ...in what material did you make it?

D'oh, with two headcrabs already done, I can't make one without seeming unoriginal.

I'll make a snark instead. :)

Very professional. Have you got any original work you'd be willing to post?

On the topic of Half-Life models, I'd love to see Gonarch or Nihilanth in model form like that.

Non-Sequitur said:

On the topic of Half-Life models, I'd love to see Gonarch or Nihilanth in model form like that.

I dare someone to make a giant, spider-like, walking testicle. If I knew what kind of clay and paint to use I might try my hand at a houndeye.

jet jaguar said:
I dare someone to make a giant, spider-like, walking testicle.

And it has to be a somewhat "flappy" material used for the sack... that mini-headcrabs can be launched from.

That is some fine work you got done. I think you should get more lighter textures on the forarms. Also what would really be nice is some blood sprays and dots on the top and sides of the crab. I think there is a book out there detailing all the meanings of certain blood splatter. I forgot the title though.

peoplesuc said:
That is some fine work you got done. I think you should get more lighter textures on the forarms. Also what would really be nice is some blood sprays and dots on the top and sides of the crab. I think there is a book out there detailing all the meanings of certain blood splatter. I forgot the title though.

Wowa, i'll try check that out, i think that would be a brilliant addition to my library :D:D:D

Non-Sequitur said:

I'll have a look around and see how many referrence pics i can find and perhaps i'll attemp one of them, but with the testies...:) I think I'm a lot more likely to do a Gonarch than a Nihilanth, but I was also thinking of doing Strider (ya know, from the HL2 strider video) :)

Back