Votes: 18 21.4%
  • I have speakers and prefer them

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have speakers but prefer headphones

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • I have another sound solution (esp???) Please state below

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
Headphones, I hate speaker, I dunno i dont like everyone listening to my music lol... I have Zalman headphones and it still works with all the punishments ive been giving it, ::knocks on wood:: really I always choose headphones.

Sennhesier HD497 headphones. if you don't own a set of these then you need your left bollock removed. as much bass as a sub, superd sound, and it will outlive any other device you'll buy for your pc.

i also have Creative 6.1. it's a mid-range setup but it does the job if i'm playing music etc. for particularly intense games i'll use my headphones. they're just so robust and well built and do the job perfectly.

Dedalus - As much bass as a sub? hell no, BASS is what makes your surroundings and your body feel the vibes... headphones just don't.

when you have a wife who dont wanna hear your games, you need headphones. i have some but they suck. i need a good set of DD5.1 headphones.

Pobz said:
Dedalus - As much bass as a sub? hell no, BASS is what makes your surroundings and your body feel the vibes... headphones just don't.

heh, no maybe i should've worded that a bit better. they won't shake the floor or anything, but if there's meant to be bass in the track you're listening to or if there's a huge explosion, you'll know about it ;)

Games: speakers!
Music: headphones!
But my headphones tend to break :(

Got teh crappeh speakors. Just got some new headphones, love em, except I can't get em to go loud enough and they chaff my ears, but I'm getting used to it.

headphones. i hate my 2.1 speakers >.<

anyway, i use hd212 pros
thanks for that majestic :D

used to use hd477's, but they broke :frown: the sound just stopped coming through the wires !!

crushenator 500 said:
headphones. i hate my 2.1 speakers >.<

anyway, i use hd212 pros
thanks for that majestic :D

used to use hd477's, but they broke :frown: the sound just stopped coming through the wires !!

I hope you like them :)

Link said:
What do you prefer?

Quietness and reliability of headphones, or the decent thumpy (and neighbour annoying) bassy-ness of speakers

Its headphones for me.

Bass can be really good on really good headphone's ;)

I perfer headphones. I'm currently using a cheap 15 dollar pair of headphones. I'm looking to buy a good pair of 5.1 headphones that has a mic on it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I got mine from http://www.headphone.com/
Lot's of headphone's lot's of accesories. lot's of reviews.
I don't know about mic's though. I've seen people wear headset mic's with the headset around thier neck and the good headphone's on thier head.

I'm lookin into the Sennheiser HD 555's or the Sennheiser HD 580's. You think those are any good?

speakers give you a better impression of the game, the head phones are too enclosing and everything feels too close, speakers can give a nice 'washing over you effect'. SPeakers all the way.

:) I give up, Seems to be a love/hate thing going on here.
:sniper::flame:

I prefer headphones.. Right now i'm using some headphones from KOSS called UR.30, they sound really good, and are very comfortable to wear. But I had headphones from sennheiser before, they sounded better, but wasn't that comfortable. Besides, when i use speakers i have to keep the volume pretty low, because of parents and whatnot, but with headphones i can blow my brains out.. :p

I'm looking to buy a pair of Sennheiser HD 497's. Are they really worth the $66.99 ($59.99 + $7.00 2nd day shipping) that I'll be paying for them?

Well all the reviews I've read on various different websites have said they're fantastic, so I figured what the hell and I bought them. I'll find out how good they are myself soon.

[Matt] said:
i have a set up where i can simply at the flick of a switch go from my speakers to my headphones. Great for when the neighbours go out! :E
omfg, I have been trying to find out how to do that. How?!

I just got a pair of the Zalman 5.1 surround headphones. Pretty impressive after I spent an hour getting all the settings right. Its weird, since I am a headphones type of guy my ears are like "whoa, why I am hearing directional sound?" Its crazy man, I'm still getting use to it.

Back