Headset Issue plz help

buttcheek

Reaction score
ok so as of 4 days ago my headset has been giving me this odd issue.
it will play in-game but has a weird echo to it and wont play certain sounds such as the shooting sound but i can hear the shells hit the ground. cant hear ppl talk and ppl cant hear me talk. when i listen 2 a song online i can hear the beat but no lyrics.. been googling for days now and still no luck. any suggestions would really be appreciated

Make sure the jacks are plugged in all the way. Those are the definite symptoms of that, though it might be a problem that is more hard to fix, something inside the headphones or the jack that has gone bad.

How much did this headset cost?

yes they r plugged in all the way
they were $16.99 reviews online were great seem to last everyone very long
model type "HS-600 headset"

it sounds like you've got 5.1 on and the headphones aren't 5.1 OR you have the headphone jack plugged into the wrong outlet. Start messing with surround sound stuff and I'm sure you'll figure it out....if not I can Remote Desktop your computer if ya want ;)

it sounds like you've got 5.1 on and the headphones aren't 5.1 OR you have the headphone jack plugged into the wrong outlet. Start messing with surround sound stuff and I'm sure you'll figure it out....if not I can Remote Desktop your computer if ya want ;)

What exactly do you mean "Remote Desktop" my pc?

They are maybe a month old? probably not even.
I believe i am running a "Sound Blaster Live" sound card (how do i check 2 be sure?)

What is RMA, and how would i go about doing so?

I havent messed with any of the sound settings since before i got the headset so i dont understand how that would have have had anything to do with it. I tried switching the plugs all around and still no luck. (I also haven't touched any of the plugs since before I got the headset)

Thanks everyone for your replies but still no luck

Note: When listening to a song its almost as if its chopped and screwed lol
like for instance.
Voice fades in and out
some parts are very clear, others are staticy and sounds like computer scrambling in the background not to mention it almost sounds like its rewinding the song (rewind scratchy sound)

o_O Very odd...

If the headphones are old and you roll the cord too tightly the inside of the cord (wiring) will get twisted and broken. I'd bet on that.

Back