Heart of the Revolters Released

Reaction score
Hearts of the Revolters, an objective-based team deathmatch map by MoonQuake of ActionBF fame (a Battlefield 1942 mod), has been released today as promised. MoonQuake, in celebration of it's release, has also been kind enough to release some screenshots of the map for us to look at.
You play just like it's a HL2 campaign, but it's online with your buddies! Play as Rebels or Combines; the strategies and objectives are different:

[br]-Combines objectives:
[br]1- Reach and unlock the Precinct 15 sector door to gain access to the Rebels area.
[br]2- Blowup the Rebels weapons truck hidden behind the Rebel HQ to cut-off their heavy armament supplies.
[br]3- Destroy the Control Room inside the HQ to destroy the whole place.
[br]
[br]-Rebels objectives:
[br]1- Prevent the Combines from reaching the sector door.
[br]2- Defend the weapons truck and most importantly the Control Room.
[br]3- Deliver Alyx, "frozen" and held in the Combines base and bring her back to the HQ to teleport her back to Kleiner's lab.
[br]

[br]To download this impressive-looking map, click here.

First two pictures look like Xs to me. Nice looking map though.

Edit: Nevermind, just had to refresh.

I'll be sneaking on different servers to get your live feedback!

Post your post-trial comments here! :)

Hope you'll like it guys! :/

MQ

MoonQuake said:
I'll be sneaking on different servers to get your live feedback!

Post your post-trial comments here! :)

Hope you'll like it guys! :/

MQ

I would be happy to give you feedback but I cant seem to find any servers running the map :(

The map just got released, let the server admins the time to set them up! It was sent to different servers prior to release but they got to get their mails!! :)

BTW, you must play in Team-Deathmatch mode for this map. You won't be able to do things and you'll get blocked if you play regular deathmatch. The command is "mp_teamplay 1" for those who doesn't know.

I'll post news servers running the map when they are confirmed to me.

MQ

Those second two screenies looks great. Who says the Source engine can't do "dark and atmospheric"? Doom 3, eat your heart out!

Mad props man this is a nice map. The readme was really well thought out too.

This map is now the reason I play HL2 Deathmatch. I can't wait to see more quality maps such as this from Moonquake.

Great map moonquake. Had lots of fun, best multiplayer Half-life 2 experience yet. Thanks for hosting and I look forward to you future work :thumbs:.

It is as simple as this: HL2DM should have been like this to start off with. HL2 has a great Combine vs. Rebel theme and I believe they dropped the ball tremendously by not making HL2DM just like this.

Nice job of picking up the ball MoonQuake. This is the *best* HL2 MP map yet, hands down. Good job! I hope you enjoy your $5k--and if you don't win some cash, well, what a shame!

Hopefully Valve runs with the ball and makes more maps like yours--it is truly that good!

Ps- There are some other really nice looking maps out right now also. DM Deport looks good and CTF Export is a lot of fun. They both have great potential also.

Thanks for all your comments folks! I'm really glad that this can bring you more fun and hours of playing.
We had a lot of fun playing, but I couldn't run a dedicated server so we suffered a bit! :) With fast and powerful servers, this is going to be very smooth and action packed!

Azzkiker from hl2files.com told me he would run 2 dedicated servers for my map so he's kind! We will have these plus all the others when people see the news update tomorrow on all web sites.

Acert: I agree with you. It just took me 1 month to learn how half-life 2 works and make that map so I think the original DM idea could have been pushed further. Well, bad for good, I wouldn't have a reason for making this map so all is well. :)

MQ

Nice moments:
oh yeah.... ill remember this one.... I think Chewy brought Alyx from the Combines base so early, Combines didn't even had the time to open the sector door. He was there standing with Alyx in his hands and then I ran and picked her up from above the wall. Since the sector door wasn't open, no Combines could've kicked me before I reach the teleporter. Props to Chewy for this one.

So many times I got saved by people so cooperation was there all the time.

With more players, we could have weapons and health Suppliers on the Rebels side: they would grab weapons from the truck and gravgun throw them near the sector door!

Oh yeah baby, we need ubberly fast servers and run 24 players servers!!!

Then Chaos ensures...

MQ

Hey there moonquake, am yet to play this awesome looking map.. But i'm from australia and was hoping you could ask a few aussie servers to run this for me... Theres only 1 running at the mo' and it's got a 350ping! :(

Anyways, hope you can help me out... and all the other aussie moonquake fans.. :D

Catch :cheers:

Just to letcha all know i'm running a dedicated all night 6 players max

NAME: Heart of the Revolters - obj_mq_revolters (dedicated)
IP: 69.23.132.81:27015

Shim: we will have aussie servers for sure. Just a matter of time. There are more servers right now, you should check them out! I always thought about my aussie folks even back in the days of ActionBF. You had all the news and OZForcesFiles.com receive my news update so they should post and then aussie server will pop up! :)

Aero, so you got your server running!? Thanks a bunch dude! I just checked and it ping 67 here. I'll go and check it. It was nice playing with you. I got a$$ kicked a lot of times! :) See you tomorow maybe!

BTW, to change your server names: hostname "MyServerRocks" in console.

MQ

thanks i forgot the console name for that

i disabled auto-download though because the map is like 10 megs and will take forever for anybody to download and eats up bandwith... i just put DOWNLOAD AT halflife2.net in the title.... they'll figure it out hehe

kickass map, I didn't know you could do this with hl2dm maps :) loved it

aeroripper said:
thanks i forgot the console name for that

i disabled auto-download though because the map is like 10 megs and will take forever for anybody to download and eats up bandwith... i just put DOWNLOAD AT halflife2.net in the title.... they'll figure it out hehe

I think I was just playing in you're server under the name Gordan slaveman

you said you had to go *eyes dart

yea i hate it when people come in with 240 ping and slow everybody else down

the guy after you "A Big Fat CoW" has this problem :-P

aeroripper said:
you said you had to go *eyes dart

yea i hate it when people come in with 240 ping and slow everybody else down

the guy after you "A Big Fat CoW" has this problem :-P

I had to eat :E then post on the forums again :p

Sickre: nice!!!! I hope they will provide Aussie people the servers they need! Full screen screenshots too!!! Thanks for the move.

Aero: yeah, i had to check other new servers... kinda supporting their admins and teaching the player how to play.

MQ

-------------------IMPORTANT---------------

If you enter a server and the physics are weird.
If you can read the following sentence in your console in RED:
Your .dll [bin\client.dll] differs from the server's.

Then, it means something happened with the server. No need to redownload the map, it's a server prob. Just reconnect and wait 'till it restarts or change server.

SERVER ADMINS:

-Make sure you run the latest version of Source Dedicated Server.
-Make sure to run a legit copy of HL2 I guess!
-Make sure you installed the map properly.

Thanks

MQ

Back