Heheh, good job

A.I.

Reaction score
A couple minutes ago I've seen a thread with a major spoiler in the title (!), but when I tried to click on it, it already got deleted. Thus I found out that the spoiler is true.

But interestingly it was actually quite an obvious one, which we knew alread when we started
questioning ourselves about the G-man's origin and intentions
(<-not actually a spoiler but just to keep low profile)

Now I think it's quite obvious that things evolved like this and everyone who has brains and puts two and two together knows that (ok, this might be a crucial spoiler)
G-man is Gordon from the future
I even have arguments to support this but I'll leave the discussion open. And I won't read spoilers, don't worry about that.

it cant be true they have diferent color hair and eyes...

They don't look the same at all, I mean, maybe the all the battles wore him down. =)
Anywho, I doubt this very much. When did your quiet little Gordon (NOT GORDAN!!!!) become an evil mastermind who destroys his own life? Uhhhh?

O M G!!! People are still thinking that Gman is Gordon!!!!! What is up with you all!! "Two and two together" LOL! And end up with ZERO, NOTHING!

Well, why was that thread removed then?

It was a fake spoiler. They just removed it because it's so commonly posted by idiots that it's considered spam.

Ahh ok.

Gman=gordon/gman = gordon's pops - I've heard it so many times now that i'm starting to think of it as a possibility!! Even though i dispise the idea!!! Help!

Gordons grandfather? from the "past" you think?

It was removed because its a pathetic theory is completely untrue.

Well I think that some Geordi created the name G man, when he was talking to Gordon. He went "Wai-ai G-maan!" and the now gman overheard this and thought it was a funny name.

The Gman was the Janitor at Black mesa. The reason he was wearing a suit and stuff is because he was going for a job interview there. Absoloubtly true.
:p

How do we even know the GMAN's name? Does he say hi my name is GMAN... lol I don’t think so... from memory no one says his name ever in the game.... weird how we know it...

coZ said:
How do we even know the GMAN's name? Does he say hi my name is GMAN... lol I don’t think so... from memory no one says his name ever in the game.... weird how we know it...

The HLDM model was called G-Man, thats how we know.

It was in the Op4 manual. I believe before Op4 he was also referred to as the Man in the Suit or something like that.

Man, I haven't been on the HL2.net forums in forver since this board was closed awhile back, but once it reopens, here we go again with this "G-Man is Gordon stuff."

Look, people...I'm not trying to flame anyone here but do any of you have even a quarter of a brain in your heads? G-Man does not stand for "Gordon Freeman," it stands for Government Man. A suit, an agent, an operative, someone who (presumably) works for the government. It isn't his name it's a monicker or a title. In the OpFor manual Adrian Shephard remarks, "I saw the man in the suit again today. I think he might be a g-man."
His name is L.M. No, I don't know what the initials stand for, feel free to speculate on that for awhile.

Anyway, just think about this "spoiler" for a moment, and use some common sense. You're telling me that when Gordon Freeman ages his hair color changes, his eye color changes, his skin grows taut on his face and his bone structure COMPLETELY changes? Not to mention the fact that Gordon never talks, yet the G-Man speaks at great length? Then, he somehow manages to go back in time to recruit himself for a job, knowing that he'll have to save the world, but he offers himself a chance at a final, suicidal battle if he won't work for himself? He also repeatedly denies Gordon the chance to teleport with him around the facility, placing himself in harm's way? Even if he knew that things would turn out alright, what would be the point? Why not just shut the whole damn experiment down from the beginning once he knew the outcome of the future?

And this rubbish about G-Man being Gordon's father, or something...real great parenting, there. I'm sure he loves putting his own son in danger. :upstare:

So in summary, G-Man is not Gordon, he is not Gordon's father, he is not Gordon's uncle's sister's cousin's best friend's roommate; they have no personal relationship aside from the fact that in the original HL the G-Man found Gordon to be a very interesting "test subject" that reminded him of himself, and in HL2, he is Gordon's employer.

He's not an alien either, damn it.

I find it vexing everytime I have to tell someone that G-Man is not Gordon, nor Gordon's father. Or a robot. Or an alien. Or the twice-reincarnated soul of Elvis inside the body of an alien robot who has just gotten back from fighting the wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein's monster and the mummy in Translyvania.
:D:D!
Priceless. Your sig owns.

Back