Help, once again

Azrael.

Reaction score
i just built a computer, and everything was working fine until i tried to set up fan controls. I went into the BIOS and enabled Fan Chasis Control, and set the fan speeds at their highest settings. I switched a little plug from one fan control to another (on the mobo; i think it was something like PWR_Fan, to CHA_Fan), and the computer stopped working. The computer would start, but nothing would appear on screen (it had a signal). I messed around with some wires. I tried to start it up again and for a short second the screen drew the "A8V" logo (does this when it boots), but then the screen froze. I restarted the computer expecting it to do the same thing, but the logo didnt show and the screen was black. I cleared the CMOS, and the computer would start working maybe every other time (sometimes the computer wouldnt respond when i pressed the power on button) and after a while, the computer wouldnt even turn on. Now, when i turn on the PSU, the "computer on" light goes on for a second, and then it turns off (for somereason when i turn on the PSU, it automatically tries to turn on the computer.) . i think something may be getting shorted out. What could be the problem? What can be done? thanks

That was my friend actually, but he just asked me to post here... Anyone know what he could do?

I think he tried that, when he reset the CMOS... Personally, I think he might have fried something on his mobo with way too much power to something, because he didn't even check the manual, he just plugged in the fan controls to what he thought would work and didn't... He thinks his power supply might be gone, I think it is either that or his motherboard...

What is his motherboard? I need more info.

Also, try putting in a different power supply. That is pretty easy to do since you just built a new computer. :E

I think his mobo is the ASUS A8V (K8T800 Pro chipset) similar to mine. He has pretty much the same specs as me with the exception of motherboard, OCZ ram, and his FX-53 processor.

Back