help with lines

giller_ste

Reaction score
ive done the outline of shapes, but when i extrude them, i only extrude the outlines themselves, and i'd like to extrude the shape, it seems hard to explain, but for example, say if i done the outline for a circle, i would then like to extrude this so that there was a full cylinder, and not just the outline. i have attached the image that i am working on, and shown the outline in question and i hope that you understand what i am trying to acheive.

in essence, i just want to make these outlines all 3d, so that i will have all the 3d shapes, then after that i can learn how to render them etc :)

would it be better to understand, if i said that i'm trying to make this tatoo 3d:

any ideas where to go next with this project? ideas for rendering, lighting etc?

:)

Sounds like you should be selecting the face and extruding that instead of the lines around it.

EDIT: Posted this before I saw you managed it in your last pic.

no, i had only drawn the line, so i had to change the line properties to bezier (i think) and then extrude it, this is my very first project in 3ds max, and im just wondering what to do with this model now

if you want it to be a managable poly count make all the lines corners

and to make it an extruded shape (I'm assuming your donig edge extrusions) go to border mode (the 2nd selection mode from the right) then select the open border, once you do that use the cap tool..

Hope that helps,,

If you go to modifiers -> extrude then that you should do it for you.....does for me (if i remember right lol)

giller_ste said:
any ideas where to go next with this project? ideas for rendering, lighting etc?

:)

build a high rez car and put the tatoo logo on the hud in chrome + make scene + render in brazil :)

should keep you buzy for the next 2 months :bounce:

more like the next 2 years lol, this was my first project in 3dsmax! :)

Back