Heres WHY SOME people have 56K!!!!!

Well seeing as how your just an something else i cant mention it seems...

I never said I was better than anyone.
Well then maybe you should act like it then.

I said 56k'rs are posers and they are trying to be something they are not.
Trying to game to best of their ability. God forbid anyone should have fun.

You can't skimp for shitty broadband and half assed equipment and call yourself a gamer.
You buy what you can. Theres no such thing as "Skimpy". I mean threres such a thing as crappy like buying a Uncle Bobs Keyboard over a well known brand but a 56kmodem is not skimpy. Get in the real world.

Just as console users are not really gamers. You desperately want to be like a real gamer but you are just a poser.
Almost the lamest thing ive ever heard. There are a ton of games for Console that you cant find for pc. Matter of fact theres so many reasons that statment is wrong im not gonna bother.

For crying out loud you act like your kid that listened to Eminem to much into his adulthood and now thinks hes a "Gangsta" because thats the way you act and talk.

I dont know if you werent loved enough. I dont know if you werent taugh how the world works...all i know is there is something really wrong with you Edge. You talk like your ghetto or something and just because you got a job and you "Did it for yourself" doesnt make you "The man".

Lifes just not a joyride and easy for everyone because "If edge can do it everyone can". You need some help.

HERE YOU GO EDGE YOUR WRONG ABOUT 56KERS BEING POSERS

gam·er Listen: [ gmr ]
n.

One who plays a game, especially a role-playing or computer game.

Found that in a dictionary. It doesnt say:

"One who plays a game, ONLY if they have a broadband connection."

This is my other point since you brought it up 56kers ARENT POSERES A GAMER IS A GAMER stupid. You play games and your a gamer Doesnt matter if you got a 56k or Cable. Doesnt matter if you got AMD64 or a Pentium 1. YOUR A GAMER. You enjoy your games your way with your budget.

Unless your going to say the definition of a gamer is wrong then shut up.

Assassin X you are a poser.

I am bored of this thread. Maybe it's your connect but it is taking to long for a witty and intelligent response. l8r and enjoy that latency... poser. :imu:

Minerel said:
Yippy I don't have to say it.

You get it over where I am, and my parents will pay for it. If you can't then stfu. 56kers can be gamers. Online gamers to.
Sc, RON, COD, Sc, Wc3, HL2DM, CS:S, Cs, DoD, Empire Earth, BF1942, D2, NOX, TFC, HLDM, SOF, NS, TS, TC, Quake 3, NS:Co, ROCW:ET, Warzone 2100, Cs:CZ, Guild Wars(E3), Guild Wars (WPE).
Im a poser alright then. I play(ed) all these games online. Those are just the online ones. Guess what, I don't do shitty either. I do pretty good. Do people complain. No they don't onsept people like you which isn't that many.

I can't convince my parents to get a new house 2 miles from here. I can't do that. Highspeed isn't around here. I'd be happy to get it. So stop complaing about us, and take action and try and get it to more places. Cuz guess what, im happy with a 56k. If I can do well, and have fun I'm happy. If your upset you do something. If you can get the damn cable company(Or improve sbc's area limit) to get its lines out 2 miles over here. Then I'll be happy to get high speed and thats one less 56ker.

Seriously dude, stfu.
Just to retell edge..

Im a poser lol. Yeah i am. That doesnty even make sense. Are you pissed because i nailed it now and your screwed?

I am bored of this thread.
Or i nailed it and your screwed.

Maybe it's your connect but it is taking to long for a witty and intelligent response.
First its called ENGLISH.....type in it so i UNDERSTAN IT.

Second i do sleep and i dont spend every freaking minute on here llike you do obviously. So i dont have time to post and be a POSER as you say aka FORUM TROLL.

l8r and enjoy that latency... poser.

The threads are the worst ever.. and are close to being racist.

Someone lock them please...

At one time 56k's were top of the line.
According to edge.
Any person who has not played a game on the net with high speed is not a gamer in any way.

If I play basketball, I do crappy though im in the NBA. Guess what im a Basketball Player.

On Diablo 1, lets say a huge tournament broke out(somehow..). Back in 1996, it was first released. Everyone had 56k. I a guy one a tournament and $100,000.
According to edge, he is no gamer.

A guy might be able to womp him in every singleplayer game in the world.
That guy that beat him is not a gamer according to edge.

People who play sc in korea over lan, or over a 56k ARE NOT GAMERS ACCORDING TO EDGE. Even though Korea's gaming is as big as the USA's NFL.

Just because you don't have high speed dosn't mean you suck. It means everyone else has an advantage over you(thinking you have around 200 ping that is, so you don't jump around or skip). Thus, if you still do really good(like in the top 3 on a 20 player server) that means that you are by far better.
Guess what I've done it all the time. I've seen it happen all the time.

Serioulsy edge, If you can convince my parents to move my house 2 miles closer to the city then do it. Cuz that is the only possible way I can get DSL or cable. If you can't or wont then well, you don't care for 56kers. A true person against 56kers wont work to get them or at least help them to get on the right tradk.

You as far as I can tell. You are a idiot. How? You look at high speed and see it everywhere. You see it in every country, and every bit of land. Then you see a small group of people, in which don't have it and you get mad at them, because you think that they all can just start working and get it.
But the truth is.
It is not in every country or every bit of land. And alot of the small group of people that don't have it are on land that dosn't have it.

I'm a teen, a gamer, and I can't just say "Mom lets move our house(or buy a new house)2 miles closer to the city" and expect them to do it.

So don't blame me for not having broadband, blame sbc, my parents(moved out here when I was young), or blame the cable companies not me cuz I can't change it, only inform my parents when we can get it.

Edge get's marked down as the world biggest asshole. You're opinions and statements are comparible to discrimination between black's and whites. I agree, there is no excuse for having a dead end job (unless you are seriously mentaly retarded), or being lazy while poor, but my god, there is NO factuall link between dial-up and poverty. Maybe someone doesn't live in an area with broadband? Maybe they don't have the money?

According to your opinion, which you DO need to support and defend, anyone who doesn't have a laser fast internet connection somehow isn't a gamer. It makes absolutely no sense.

I'll now take the "fight fire with fire" track. I must quote Assassin X.

gam·er Listen: [ gmr ]
n.

One who plays a game, especially a role-playing or computer game.

Sorry Edge, you just got owned.

Or, we can take this another way. Lock the thead.

Edge said:

I am bored of this thread. Maybe it's your connect but it is taking to long for a witty and intelligent response. l8r and enjoy that latency... poser. :imu:

You are bored of this thread because everyone are posting valid arguments that you can't fight off so you resort to insults?

Seriously, in my eyes, you are a loser.

If ones parents have money, why can't they share it with their sons or daughters? Imo, talk like that only comes from jelous poor people (no offense intended). I hate people like that, hating other people for having stuff when they don't. And as far as not helping your parents. They raised you and brought you in to the world, shouldn't you even TRY to help them?

I think you ppl are getting far too butt hurt about this, I think the initial purpose of the other thread was to say that if you have 56k and are clearly causing problems in a server then you should have the dignity to leave the server and let ppl play without lag, go join a server that gives you a better ping.

I used to have 56k, but just because your out in a rural area doesn’t mean you cant get high speed internet...my friend has high speed satellite connection (basically cable from a satellite), if you don’t have cable of some sort then you haven’t searched through all your options, and if all else fails..guess what Christmas isn’t too far away and you can tell your parents that it benefits everyone..you get internet and they can get HBO or something.

If you have 56k and like it or are happy with it then you shouldn’t be gaming online (even though i cant stop you), I used to have it and it really^1000x10 sucks..So if your happy with that and online gaming then your insane, especially in the games we have in 2004.

Assassin X, what is your point precisely? Developers shouldn't make demanding games because there are still people with 56K? Way to kill progression!

why are we still talking about this topic who cares if someone as 56k some ppl cant have high speed

Minerel said:
Just to retell edge..

I read your post I just chose to ignore it. Not worthy of a response.

Assassin X said:
Im a poser lol. Yeah i am. That doesnty even make sense. Are you pissed because i nailed it now and your screwed?

Or i nailed it and your screwed.

First its called ENGLISH.....type in it so i UNDERSTAN IT.

Second i do sleep and i dont spend every freaking minute on here llike you do obviously. So i dont have time to post and be a POSER as you say aka FORUM TROLL.

l8r and enjoy that latency... poser.

Haha and you are telling me to speak english? Learn to spell check and look up Latency before you use the word hehe.

OD-Black_Fire said:
Edge get's marked down as the world biggest asshole. You're opinions and statements are comparible to discrimination between black's and whites. I agree, there is no excuse for having a dead end job (unless you are seriously mentaly retarded), or being lazy while poor, but my god, there is NO factuall link between dial-up and poverty. Maybe someone doesn't live in an area with broadband? Maybe they don't have the money?

According to your opinion, which you DO need to support and defend, anyone who doesn't have a laser fast internet connection somehow isn't a gamer. It makes absolutely no sense.

I'll now take the "fight fire with fire" track. I must quote Assassin X.

Sorry Edge, you just got owned.

Or, we can take this another way. Lock the thead.
Ok I will accept the asshole remark because it is true but to label me racist is simply absurd. There is no racial discussion or undertones here.

All jokes aside if someone took this as a racial jab my apologies because that was not my intentions. I was not equating poverty with any race.

I do not support racism.

Fatality_ said:
If you do not have the money to play, do not play. No one said gaming is free.

If you don`t have the money to eat, do not eat. Noone said food is free.

Assassin X, what is your point precisely? Developers shouldn't make demanding games because there are still people with 56K? Way to kill progression!

I never implied that. Where did you pull that out of?

This topic was to state that people with 56k most of the time dont have it by choice! Companies can make games however they want dont put words in my mouth.

Haha and you are telling me to speak english? Learn to spell check and look up Latency before you use the word hehe.

Get this unlike you i have an excuse for bad grammer but as soon as i bring it up im sure youll pick on it because you seem to pick on everything else.

As for LATENCY what the hell are you talking about? What does that have to do with anything? Stop trying to get off topic and admit theres no such thing as a POSER gamer.

ryanmw said:
serously guys....broadband isnt that much more expensive a month...dial up around me is 15 dollars a month...cable is 30 dollars a month....serioulsy..(for those who have access)...dont go to mcdonalds for 3 days that month and buy urself a nice connection....i know u can think of ways to save 15 bucks a month...your not that poor..(i.e. you own a computer)...besides....i think their are too many ppl playing mmorpg's on 56k and they are paying MONTHLY fees for them...doesnt..make...sense

you said the magic word, around you

Oh i get it now LATENCY.

For the last time i have better things to do , unlike you, then sit here hitting the refresh button on this topic every 5 seconds.

Edge, since you`re so rich can you pay for me to get adsl? I mean wtf, you got 5mb down for 50$ its so damn cheap! But you see, the problem is it costs a little more... Not too much, only 200$ for 1MB down 256KB up. Not really a big difference, the prices are the same everywhere in the world. Just to mention, I pay 30euros/mo (that is, like 35$) for my 56k and these are only the telephone charges (+20/mo for ISP subscription which I don`t pay since a friend of mine shares his pass with me). So stop acting like there isn`t anything beyond your house, you are not alone in here.

ZeeM said:
Edge, since you`re so rich can you pay for me to get adsl? I mean wtf, you got 5mb down for 50$ its so damn cheap! But you see, the problem is it costs a little more... Not too much, only 200$ for 1MB down 256KB up. Not really a big difference, the prices are the same everywhere in the world. Just to mention, I pay 30euros/mo (that is, like 35$) for my 56k and these are only the telephone charges (+20/mo for ISP subscription which I don`t pay since a friend of mine shares his pass with me). So stop acting like there isn`t anything beyond your house, you are not alone in here.

Setup a donation or charity and I will donate :)

It's like nobody's ever seen a troll before. Quick tip: responding makes them happy. You wasted your time on something they don't care about. Respond angry and they win outright.

Tim F, go away! I want to flame the sensationalist idiot and nice people like you get in the way of good honest troll-baiting.

...actually, that's a good point. What the hell would I get from replying to the "argument" when every point has already been trodden over several times?

I'm a 56ker so I'm "a poser" and not a real gamer- so happily I can reply to this and Edge won't bother responding to my points since I'm unimportant, which'll fortunately allow me to agree with the sane people here without fear of reprisal- solidarity matters!

I think likening broadband payments to food and other commodities is pretty daft. For me, my current non-access to BB is down purely to my location- and an (affordable) sattelite isn't really an option for me from a gaming point of view, as most have latency as bad (if not worse) than a 56k modem due to their transmission delays.

But the "debate" over availability and economy aside- kudos for getting everyone riled up, it takes good quality nonsense to stir up this kind of pointlessness. I can game just fine online with my 250 ping, thanks very much...

Remember, you're not a real forumite, you're a troll. Same logic you used- we lack the hardware, you lack the brain matter.

Edge just don't call 56kers posers.
Us 56kers can be just as good and sometimes better than other people with better connections. I understand if you get mad when we skip around in a game or anything. But just blank out calling all 56kers posers is just wrong.

People who cannot afford or do not have broadband available to them are not gamers. They are posers. They want to be a gamer but they don't have the required tools. It's ok. We accept you as you are.. slow, warping, and can't hit shit. I don't care if you play on servers with me... just wanted to make sure you know... you sir are a poser.

Hahah. I don't think you actually read what you type... to think I used troll as a throwaway insult! It's apparent now that you really only post to provoke negative reactions.

My hobby- poser! Because my stupidly vast library of PC games has nothing to do with the enjoyment I get out of playing with them- it's all down to my connection, which, strangely enough, doesn't make me jitter across the map, since I can actually find playable servers.

It's fine. We accept you as you are... slow, ignorant, and incapable of forming a coherent arguement. I don't care if you post on threads with me... just wanted to make sure you know... you sir are an idiot.

LOL poor edge has been so "owned" (As you say). Your argument has been proven wrong EVEN by a the actual definition of the word gamer and yet you still think your right which just proves youre a troll.

But im beggining to think you must have a good job. You offer (after my remark) to pay for someones Broadband (but you probably wont) and aside from your Ghetto talk and attitude you act snooby as if you have alot of money now. This leads me to believe you have a awell paying job. If this is the case then your head is in the clouds and your so full of yourself and your money that you dont understand why people cant afford anything then.

Thats the opinion im getting from you.

People who cannot afford or do not have broadband available to them are not gamers.

I know your trolling in all for a response. So here it is. Its there fault for not having Broadband in their area? Or not having the money?

Lets say i lived in Kentucky in the hills where there isnt broadband for a long ways. Thats my fault my family lives there? LOL.

As for the money thing. LETS SAY i live in the projects. Cant get a job anywhere thats pays enough for me to afford it. Thats my fault?

Maybe where you live you lucked out. Where i live i could find a job making 65K if i wanted. But where other are your lucky if you can get into McDonalds.

More and more i think your actually a teenager pretending to be a adult.

They are posers. They want to be a gamer but they don't have the required tools. It's ok. We accept you as you are.. slow, warping, and can't hit shit. I don't care if you play on servers with me... just wanted to make sure you know... you sir are a poser.

I think im seeing the truth here. You probably suck online and need someone to pick on so your picking on them. I mean why else besides the Troll thing would you be so stupid?

I knows lots of people that are bad online and blame the lag or 56kers or something in the game. That line really opens a while new thing into whats up with you. You hate them. Did you lose to one? Are you really one and cant afford something better? Admit it why are you really here?

Just to post
A true 56ker will not warp
A true 56ker will not skip
A true 56ker will look smooth to others.
A true 56ker will have his game look smooth on his comp.
A true 56ker will die because he was not good enough.
A true 56ker will not die because of his connection.
A true 56ker will kill because of skill.
A true 56ker will not let his internet connection limit him.
A true 56ker will do just as good as anyone else.
There are plenty of true 56kers and I am proud to be one of them.
I've done plenty of lan games to prove this, and much more.

When i had 56k i won matches and i was happy to be one too because for months my mother insisted that i keep our 32.2 because 56k was probably gonna cost more or something. lol.

<RJMC> said:
so whats the part "56k users are no real gamers"

since when the gamers must hav fast internet connection to be gamers?

I dont call myself a "hardcore" gamer but sure I play more games that you,and I hav a 56k conection

You want to call yourself a "gamer," go right a head. But there IS a distincition between the 56k crowd and the broadband crowd - IF you have the option of getting either one. You want to be a cheap bastard and buy an Emachine for $600 and a 56K connection or, work in a coffee-shop and buy an Alienware system AND broadband.

Call yourself a "gamer" all you want - Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken....

Assassin X said:
As for the money thing. LETS SAY i live in the projects. Cant get a job anywhere thats pays enough for me to afford it. Thats my fault?

Well, yes, it is your fault. I may not live in the U.S, where you have "projects," but I seriously doubt you have ever been in one either, much less grown up in one.

Stop speaking up for the poor. Talk about yourself and just admit you're some angry, white teenager trying to sound like an adult.

Sticking your head up your ass, however, would make you a troll. Some people are getting pretty close to doing that in their efforts to ignore people... Hell, feels like thirty different posters have already explained or debated the distinction between economic difficulties (meh) and availability problems (more common then you'd have thought, I'd bet).

By saying outright that "56kers aren't gamers", how the hell can you possibly expect anyone to think "hey, there's a guy who isn't prone to making sweeping statements and talking elitist rubbish".

Supposedly, despite the fact I own a three-digit number of games, I'm not actually a gamer as I'm not prepared to put down an exorbitant amount of money to move to an innercity area. Suppose if I did pay for some horribly overpriced home to get broadband I'd be so dedicated to gaming that'd I'd be clinically insane.

I can play games over my modem just as well as if I can play them over broadband- yes, Cumbria really is that screwed up, as literally ten miles from my position I have friends with access. I, however, won't get compliancy until at least February 2005...

Gaming isn't subject to special "hobby specifiying" rules... just because I own a £180 fishing rod rather than some 1-grand uber-rod with built in rocket launcher or some crap, doesn't mean I wouldn't list fishing as a hobby, since I dedicate a good portion of my spare time to it. Guess the difference is some idiotic monopolistic corporation won't deny you access to your equipment in other hobbies.

i understand why some people have 56k (no bb in their area, they dont need bb, i.e. theyre not gamers)...i think every gamer should get bb if they play online.

i agree w/ edge...theres no real excuse for being poor. my family is poor, but i got an education (didnt hafta pay for it because i did good in school) and got a really nice job. im not the richest man in the world but i can afford nice things like broadband.

Well, yes, it is your fault. I may not live in the U.S, where you have "projects," but I seriously doubt you have ever been in one either, much less grown up in one.

Ermm....when i said "LETS SAY I LIVE IN THE PROJECTS"... thats called an example. No offense but i dont think you understood i mean that. I wasnt saying i LIVED in the projects.

Stop speaking up for the poor. Talk about yourself and just admit you're some angry, white teenager trying to sound like an adult

Wanna hear my sad story??? And yes i knows theres worse before someone makes the comment because people always do like im stupid.

Actually if you want to hear a sad story fine, im 23 and live with my parents and im disabled. Been sick my whole life with so many freaking diseaeses its not funny. But i still went to a local school and got a MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Data Base Administrator) which was paid for by the county and have had a few small jobs that i cant keep because im to sick and now im so sick that no one will hire me but im just NOT sick enough that i cant get SSI.

So i live home and my parents have to feed an extra mouth and pay all my bills. The county pays for some very minimal things like maybe a doctor visit. DSL is THE ONLY thing that is a luxury. And my mom has bad hips and a bad back that can be operated on so she cant even work. Its just my dad.

Movies at a theater? Once a year maybe twice.
Movie Rentals? 5-6 times a year maybe.
Eat out/Fast food? Rare.
Spending Money for pleasure in general? YEAH RIGHT.

Cutting coupons all the time, scrapping money up all the time, begging stupid companies not to send us to collections all the time. Dont get me started on being low income.

Were considered Low-Mid income somehow because my om is darn good and tight when it comes to the budget that we still manage. BUt in return we dont do anything. I game and thats it. My parents do nothing.

If your wondering how i pay for games. I trade and barter. Not to mention i get $300 on Christmas and other money on holidays from my grandmother. Thats how i get my games and keep up my gaming.

Im a gamers that if it wasnt for lucky breaks i wouldnt be a gamer.

So you happy now? Now lets get back to the 56k....

OK....I dare anyone here to live in the persons situation thats poor.

If its "No excuse to be poor". You think its no excuse? You think ANYONE can afford broadband huh? Lets see you go to their house look at their budget and show them where to get the money from.

Which kid starves so the DSL is up?
Who skips a doctor visit?
Well?

Your all talk but unless youve been in their shoes you cant say anything.

Well I agree with you, it's just plain ignorance for someone to say "there's no excuse for being poor" or "everyone should be able to afford such and such". Just because YOU happen to be financially well-off, just because YOU got a good education, just because YOU have a good job, doesn't mean everyone else could/should too. Why? Because everyone's not you.

I got a good one.

What about the people in Africa? The little children that are dying in the streets of hunger? The mom who would die because she would rather give her last piece of bread to her children before she dies just to make sure they live? Is that that their fault? Are they full of excuses for being poor?

What about the kids in south america with poor educations and no food also? EXcuses too perhaps?

What about our bums on the US? Grant it some of them are drugggies and stuff like that but there are actualy families with kids that the parents lost their jobs and they couldnt get any help and so much crap happend that now there living on the streets and sleeping in the shelters and eating what food they can get from those same shelters.

I know im pushing the POOR people subject down from GAMERS/56K down to the level of this but im making a point here.

BEING POOR/LOW INCOME in most cases isnt a choice.

So for the Low INcome family 56K is what they can afford then thats what theyll use.

WHO CARES IF YOUR POOR HOLY CRAP

pac man is a good game

Back