HL² sponsored by Nvidia?

chimpmunk

Tank
Reaction score
Ok, strange story, my friend told me he heard on TV that VALVe shifted their partnership with Nvidia, i doubt it's true (That guy is sick, he shaves his eyebrows after all) but if it is , i'll have bought a radeon 9200 for well,,, nothing
So, reassure me and tell me it's not true... :frown:

considering the deal valve had with ati with the whole XT free hl2 shnazzle . . . . .

no.

Aahahahahahahhahahahahaa
....um, sorry about that. Normally Valve is accused of having an evil alliance with ATI. Gotta admit its the first time I've ever seen an accusation about Nvidia. :D

Well, yea, he's kinda sick or i don't know.
He also likes to lick guys tongues (he's a guy)

no more plz.

your options now are to either kill him, or me.

to each his own, you homophobes. Lets leave it there.

About the ATI-Nvidia thing. no way. Tho they did run the e3 demo using a Geforce.

bgesley426 said:

About the ATI-Nvidia thing. no way. Tho they did run the e3 demo using a Geforce.

THIS IS REAL???

The deal signed with ATi was massive. I'm also pretty sure that ATi would have insisted on a binding contract.

Then again... looking at the hardware survey:

ATI Cards: 26.42%
nVIDIA: 64.40%
Other: 9.18%

Hmmm

I was surprised how many Geforce4MX cards are out there... :eek:

I used to have it... was alright... I managed to think that it was actually a DX8 card the whole time I had it too! :D

bgesley426 said:

Um, no.. the e3 demo was on a Radeon 9800 (pro?), you're thinking of the demo systems at Alcatraz -- those were running GeForce 4's

But Alcatraz was the ATI event......

"What system was the E3 demonstration video played on?

Gabe Newell: Dell XPS, 2.8 GHz P-IV, ATI Radeon 9800 128 MB RAM. Anti-aliasing off, anisotropic filtering off. 60 FPS."

E3 demo was definitely ATI

So, what was the E³ presentation ran on ?
Gforce or RADEON?

Highly unlikely, but very persuasive with the STEAM survey.

Is there a source?

Chipmunk:

Gabe Newell: Dell XPS, 2.8 GHz P-IV, ATI Radeon 9800 128 MB RAM. Anti-aliasing off, anisotropic filtering off. 60 FPS."

Javert: Source of what?

Chris_D said:
Chipmunk:

Really? i'll have to buy the same computer!

Chris_D said:
But Alcatraz was the ATI event......

E3 demo was definitely ATI

Yeah, but I remember them saying they were running live HL2 demos on GeForce4's there.. I could be wrong.. but eh. I know they said something about GF4's somewhere

There's much better ones now.

You can get a 3.7 GHz+, ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB RAM, 1GB DDR RAM etc.

Chris_D said:

You can get a 3.7 GHz+, ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB RAM, 1GB DDR RAM etc.

Yea, that'd be better than my crappy Athlon xp 1200 , radeon 9200 ,,,
but i'm broke :(

Three words: Gamespot developer vids. 'nuff said :)

Well, just so I don't have to elaborate later Gabe said on the really long dev video that the presentations were on a 'pentium 2.0 Ghz with a Geforce4'. Of course I'm not for sure if they meant the e3 presentation, maybe they meant a private demonstration.

Max35 said:

Well, just so I don't have to elaborate later Gabe said on the really long dev video that the presentations were on a 'pentium 2.0 Ghz with a Geforce4'. Of course I'm not for sure if they meant the e3 presentation, maybe they meant a private demonstration.
Well we know it's not the E3 presentation because I've just quoted Gabe Newell saying that it was a Radeon 9800. It must be the Gamespot ones, in fact, it does ring a bell actually.

chipmunk - That system is more than enough to run HL2.

Chris_D said:
chipmunk - That system is more than enough to run HL2.

I know, but i played HL¹ on a crappy K6 for 3 years, now that HL² is coming, i wanna play it on the best settings!

remember the recomended requirements were around a 2ghz cpu , and a geforce 4 , so reallly unless you have money to burn i think most people will be sweet with 2 year old comps to run it fairly well , unless this has since changed of coarse

The minimum are: "At least a Pentium 800Mhz and a DX6 (Direct-X)-class video card."

that would be like running hl 1 on my old pentuim 233 mmx , 32mb system ram , and on-board video , was not a good sight , espeically once i learnt about the famous "FPS" , would take mintues to load scenes etc ><

My 66 megahertz/no-real-video-card laptop can run Half-Life. :)

I've even successfullly played TFC and Counter-Strike online with it!

Max35 said:

that video interview was before E3 so there is no way they are talking about the E3 comps running it at that time, as was stated before, I think the demos that were shown using the Geforce were the reallly old ones (like the ones shown to magazines, that had the "zoo" and "shader" demos, if you recall reading about them)

Naft said:
considering the deal valve had with ati with the whole XT free hl2 shnazzle . . . . .

no.

Nvidia allso have XT cards..
though you wonna know.

How is that relevant? It was a deal with ATI... not with just anyone that slaps "XT" on the end of their product name.

Didn't Gabe say something along the lines of HL2 being barely playable with GE Force cards? And do you guys think that the delay has something to do with the performance of those cards espcially since so many people seem to have them?

*Pets his ATI Radeon 9800 Pro he just ordered and that he wasted an extra $20 on Next Day shipping just so he would get it one day earlier*

zLaK said:
though you wonna know.

do you mean FX? if not... then... what the hell are you talking about hehe...

"NVIDIA GEFORCE RADEON XT FX!!!" ...yeah guy...

Chris_D said:

ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB RAM...

That card Rule, no lag for me who have (not proud) played the leak once.... And so the graphics are amazing. It also run smooth with the Far Cry demo.

Navy Man said:
that would be like running hl 1 on my old pentuim 233 mmx , 32mb system ram , and on-board video , was not a good sight , espeically once i learnt about the famous "FPS" , would take mintues to load scenes etc ><

Me too, so good memories!!! :D :imu: :D

In fact it was a k6 266mhz, but almost the same with my so powerful savage3 card lol

woo, me use NV40 to run HL2 woot, :), when it comes out, and if HL2 is out by then

though you wonna know.
if you knew anything about hl2 gaming/gaming history you would have realized what I was saying and you also would have known that at that time nvidia didnt. Logic and just the smallest amount of foresight and background knowledge would have told you that your entire statement was a complete waste of time.

sorry if i sound bitter lol, im tired.

Jackal hit said:
do you mean FX? if not... then... what the hell are you talking about hehe...

"NVIDIA GEFORCE RADEON XT FX!!!" ...yeah guy...

Nvidia has the 5900XT.

Back