HL+HL2 - Favorite Character.

Don't you think Ravenhold is far enough away from the Citadel to withstand the explosion, though? Maybe not, but there is a chance that it did survive. That crap hole should be blown to oblivion, anyway.

I'm thinking he's gone. It sucks, though. He was a great character.

The G-Man, easily. He has an ineffably other worldly and commanding nature that is complimented well by his subtly, low-morose tone that borders on cryptic. Michael Shapiro knows what he's doing when he voices him. In a way, I never want to know who the G-Man is... otherwise, the impact behind his character and the conundrum would be lowered immensely.

The G-Man, easily. He has an ineffably other worldly and commanding nature that is complimented well by his subtly, low-morose tone that borders on cryptic. Michael Shapiro knows what he's doing when he voices him. In a way, I never want to know who the G-Man is... otherwise, the impact behind his character and the conundrum would be lowered immensely.

Woah. That's deep..

Yeah, Gordon Freeman is G-man's bitch.

Whoa wait a second...

Gman...

Gordan Freeman...

Gary Coleman...

Therefore as a consequence of using coincidental letters in names, GORDON IS GARY COLEMAN!!!

YAAAARRGHH!!!!!!!

Favorite character Barney Calhoun.

Second The Combine overwatch soldier.

I'm gonna have to say Alyx, seeing as she's more useful than Gordon half the time. And the rest of the time, she's either kidnapped or wounded!!! She's also better looking than Freeman. :naughty:

DOG's pretty cool too.

Whoa wait a second...

Gman...

Gordan Freeman...

Gary Coleman...

Therefore as a consequence of using coincidental letters in names, GORDON IS GARY COLEMAN!!!

YAAAARRGHH!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT, MY MIND IS BLOWN. :bounce:

Alyx She IS THE BEST (i am in love with her)

Back off, Alyx is MINE!!! :sniper:

The characters in Op4 were truely amazing.
As for the Hl2 line of games, I'd say Breen was my favorite. He was the only character that wasn't so stereotypical you couldn't take him seriously.

Well, most, if not all characters in the half life series are clich?s:
The distracted (and somewhat crazy) but friendly scientist (Kleiner, think of Einstein in the Red Alert games)
The "badass" warrior/fighting chick (Alix, think of that soldier girl in the Resident Evil movie)
The condescending and grumpy scientist (Magnusson, there was an exact copy of that character in an old french show i'd watch as a kid)
The "almost human" and emotionally attaching robot (Dog, think of R2-D2 in star wars)
The cold and emotionally distant woman that is in a position of authority (Mossman, think of M in James Bond)

Breen is just as stereotypical you may argue, however, he is a less exagerated and overdone character. He kinda reminds me of O'brian in 1984, a subtle character. That's why Breen is so much interesting to me, he feels the realest of all the characters, he makes you want to know more about him because he doesn't feel like a one dimensional character.

The Two little turrets from the part with Griggs and Sheckley,

especially the one with the Shark paint on it.

Probably just the generic scientist in HL1.

So killable, the "AHHP" sound they make when injured... Good times.

The Blowtorch squadmate from Opposing Force. Particularly because I after he unlocks the door that blocks your squad's progress, he doesn't switch back to his gun--> Thus follows the greatest act of badassery of all time : He rushes some black ops and starts kicking this kneeling blackop grunt to the head while getting shot in the balls repeatedly. After finishing him, he moves to the next one until he got shot into his fuel pack or something and explodes into gibs and took his intended victim with him.

Salute.jpg

The guy in the train at the start of hl2, no idea why, but i hope he dies.
On a random note:
@NamelessHenchman - i just realised our names are very similar, and this is the first time i have ever seen you and yet out join dates are so close.

Probably because your "join dates" were sometime within the past 17 days?

Alyx is my favorite, coupled with DOG.

I also really like the way the combine freak out when you throw grenades at them, lol

Barney Calhoun, Alyx Vance and Isaac Kleiner.
For some reason, no explaination. :p

Had he just said Barney, it would refer to any of the many, many, many Barney's from HL and Op4. Had he just said Vance, it could refer to Alyx Vance or Eli Vance.

Had he just said Barney, it would refer to any of the many, many, many Barney's from HL and Op4. Had he just said Vance, it could refer to Alyx Vance or Eli Vance.

They are not all barney's, one is barney, and the others are security guards.

Back