HL2 Before or After September 1st?

Release before or after September 1st?

• Before (or on Sep 1st)

Votes: 55 17.7%
  • After

Votes: 255 82.3%

• Total voters
if released on sept 7th it would be one of the best birthdays i ever had!!!!

joepjens said:
It can't even make an release before sept anymore.Pressing all the cd's, Packiging and shipping to all over the world takes more time than 2 weeks

I don't hold out for anything before the first week of Sept., but a pre-Sept. date IS still possible: it would only take Valve/Vivendi giving the greenlight to the box-making before the CD's are duplicated. It's a risky business decision, but I believe this is what happened with UT2003. The risk is a delay or shoddy CD's, but I believe the box printing is generally done in a different location from the CD printing anyway, so the logistics aren't more complicated--just more uncertain (and you don't want incomplete product sitting in storage).

After

After Sep 1st but in 2004 nobody knows that only the Gods at Valve...

Its more in vivendi's hands atm the moment I would have thought seeing as wee have a content preload date from valve. :)

My bet is on after.. but who really knows, I HOPE its before, but Im realisticly thinking after. Guess we will find out soon.

They said they were aiming for august. They also said summer 2004, coming from Valve that means mid-end september, more likely; october november. Possibly december after yet another "small delay".

So im aiming for after september 2004. That could well be January 2005 ;) j.k. But seriously ... sometime before 2004 ends.

joepjens said:
It can't even make an release before sept anymore.Pressing all the cd's, Packiging and shipping to all over the world takes more time than 2 weeks

The only simultaneous world release is on Steam. Gabe said the Steam release coincided with the US release, which means that it will probably be released in North America and then a while later trickle to other places, like most games do.
So it could very well be a two-week packaging and shipping or less :D

Highly anticipated titles can be shipped surprisingly quickly after going gold. I believe the original Unreal was on store shelves less than a week after going gold. If they plan ahead, the packaging plants could have everything execpt the game CDs ready to go so that as soon as the CDs are printed they can pack them and ship ASAP.

Or so I hope.

My gut feeling, sept 10th.

Thats random! I hear you cry.
all i can say is 2 things

Valve is random
Life is random

I'm thinking early october. Then if it comes in september it can take me by suprise. I'm hoping Half-Life 2 will go gold on september 5.

Back