HL2 Before or After September 1st?

Release before or after September 1st?

• Before (or on Sep 1st)

Votes: 55 17.7%
  • After

Votes: 255 82.3%

• Total voters
Tbh i dont know, of course hopefully before or on the 1st but i doubt it so i voted after. Thing i dont get is why valve said the game would be out was'nt it like november last year? And they say this "hacker" stole loads of inof, and thats taken 1 year to recover from? Bullshit. Just hurry up with it valve, we all want you to do a good job of course but come on, ive shit myself enough times this year.

iF.

ive got singal band ISDN at 64kbit/s

ok 64/8 = 8 KBytes/s
2GB = 2 * 1024 * 1024 = 2097152 kBytes
2097152 / 8 = 262144 seconds
262144 /60/ 60 = 72.81 hours

I think thats right.
Any way im going shopping

ItchyFish said:
Tbh i dont know, of course hopefully before or on the 1st but i doubt it so i voted after. Thing i dont get is why valve said the game would be out was'nt it like november last year? And they say this "hacker" stole loads of inof, and thats taken 1 year to recover from? Bullshit. Just hurry up with it valve, we all want you to do a good job of course but come on, ive shit myself enough times this year.

iF.

The game was delayed till November, then the Source Code was leaked. This had the effect of a morale hit on Valve, so not only did they have to do extra work, they worked slowly. Half-Life was delayed a year whilst Valve remade most of the game, so I don't see why they wouldn't decide to work on Half-Life 2 some more, re-making some parts.

Bottom line: Not all the delay was due to the Source code theft.

BrideRider said:
ive got singal band ISDN at 64kbit/s

ok 64/8 = 8 KBytes/s
2GB = 2 * 1024 * 1024 = 2097152 kBytes
2097152 / 8 = 262144 seconds
262144 /60/ 60 = 72.81 hours

I think thats right.
Any way im going shopping

You can play without downloading all the content. Apparently. And if the Preload begins early, you can still download a lot of the game before it's out.

Looks into crystal ball, September 1 is the day Half-life 2 will be released, wait for Gone Gold press release any day now and Vivendi saying it will be in store shelves by then. hehe no for real, going back and reading the 1998 press releases from both gabe and sierra it can happen that quick, if the game goes gold within a few days, if not it will come out september 6-27

Please note, this is only a guess.

No its fair enough if they have re made loads of new parts, i just dont get why they say its going to be released at a certain time and then they start re-doing parts, surely the hacker didnt do that much damage so they had to re-do a fair section of the game. Anyhoot it dont matter does it, cs:s is basically here and hl2 is so near you can smell it.

iF.

well here in holland a gameshop first it said 2 sept and now its 15sept,
but who knows.

im more exited about CS:S anyway :naughty:

Milo 7 said:
well here in holland a gameshop first it said 2 sept and now its 15sept,
but who knows.

im more exited about CS:S anyway :naughty:

here here!

It wont' be out on the 1st because that's a Wednesday, and games always come out on Fridays...

I reckon later, soz but's you gotta be realistic here.

Krusty

Krusty said:
It wont' be out on the 1st because that's a Wednesday, and games always come out on Fridays...
Actually, games are generally released on Tuesdays or Wednesdays in the US.

I hope it comes out September 7th. That would be the greatest birthday gift anyone could give me.

I preordered from GameStop and I got a November release date. Ouch. :(

Not that it might carry any weight, but still.

After sept. 1st. But not by far. The latest i feel Half-Life 2 will come out is end of sept.

I will give you all a huge hint on when to expect Half-Life 2 to be on store shelves because I'm such a nice guy and you all can barely contain yourselves.

The one and only day in September when a Full Moon occurs.

...Believe it or not...I know.

It doesn't sound reasonable. It sounds...umm...rather exact. How do I know? Let's just say that I need to know.

As much as I hoped and believed that it would come out before September, I don't think it will anyway. I say mid-September now, although, I have my reservations about that.

BigNamek...

User Name said:
It doesn't sound reasonable. It sounds...umm...rather exact. How do I know? Let's just say that I need to know.

Why cause you're a werewolf? :cheers: :burp:

Is Sept 13th mid sept?... I would look at the calendar or use my reasoning skills but I'm just too damn lazy. :O

Chadda said:
Why cause you're a werewolf? :cheers: :burp:
What is that supposed to mean?
I am strangely confused by your question.
If you are trying to express comedic relief...then...pardon me...ha..ha. :rolleyes:
:cheers: ...I suppose.

Got fun?? lol :p

You know: werewolves = full moon. I thought you may have been a werewolf in the know seeing as you know HL2 will be released on a full moon.

Head_Crab_04 said:
I preordered from GameStop and I got a November release date. Ouch. :(

Not that it might carry any weight, but still.

I'm guessing because no one really knows the release date that Gamespot, given Valves history, is pushing the date back so they don't get a bunch of angry customers when September 30th passes by and they don't have HL2. This way, they get a 2 month leverage to push it up when the game goes gold and is given a real release date. At least, thats what I hope.

Chadda said:
Got fun?? lol :p

You know: werewolves = full moon. I thought you may have been a werewolf in the know seeing as you know HL2 will be released on a full moon.
Ah...I see. No, I am, unfortunately, not a werewolf. Though, I wish I was at times.
The coming of Half-Life 2 will undoubtedly be on the one and only Full Moon of September. It is only meant to be. I dare not speak of dates, or I will accountable for all things to come.
You shall mark my words and mark them well...Half-Life 2=Full Moon. If the time passes and Half-Life 2 is a no-show, await the second coming of the Full Moon.

Feath said:
You can play without downloading all the content. Apparently. And if the Preload begins early, you can still download a lot of the game before it's out.

You will be able to preload the entire game before it launches, it's a matter of whether you want to have 72 hours of steam taking up all of your bandwidth.

It can't even make an release before sept anymore.Pressing all the cd's, Packiging and shipping to all over the world takes more time than 2 weeks

Back