HL2 beta, re-download ?

Will you re-download HL2 beta ?

• Yes, I want to see what didnt make it to the final game.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • No, I dont care.

Votes: 35 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkylineGT-R34

Are you going to re-download HL2 beta to see the enemies that didnt make it to the final game ?

For gabe sake! It is NOT a beta! And I don't think I will download it.

No I won't 'cause I live under the impression that HL3 & expansions are not far away :)

Hiya Mevoki. cya @ SP ;)

Beta??? Oh you mean the Stolen Code that was turned into a playable warez game... If you want to call that a beta, knock your self out. Even though tecnicly it is still illeagle to download and play that.

omnimutant said:
Beta??? Oh you mean the Stolen Code that was turned into a playable warez game... If you want to call that a beta, knock your self out. Even though tecnicly it is still illeagle to download and play that.

Who cares what you think, its a simple yes or no question.
HL2 is out, so that "leak" is useless, but some people may wanna see what was cut out, nothing wrong with that.

things that they removed

That city level where you hear the citizens running twards you saying "STRIIIIIIDEEEEEER!!" and you fight them with barney and like pickup letters on the building with the gravity gun with combine gunships flying into powerlines

The machine gun with green scope

Hydras in underground level

That part where the strider breaks through dr. kleiners lab

I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the general direction? I've beaten the full version and want to play around with that physgun and stuff. I just can't find it anywhere though.

hell no, dont even want to think about the stolen build anymore.

:| Downloading the leak , all you're going to miss out is on little bits of stuff, that's about it. You've probably seen it all already anyways, well except for some weapons. But, no I will not download the leak, unless they off it on STEAM, haha.

Oh and I have played the leak, and I want to mention... it spoil shit for me.

I meant it didn't spoil shit for me.

ailevation said:
:| Downloading the leak , all you're going to miss out is on little bits of stuff, that's about it. You've probably seen it all already anyways, well except for some weapons. But, no I will not download the leak, unless they off it on STEAM, haha.

Oh and I have played the leak, and I want to mention... it spoil shit for me.

i got the leak back in 2003, they cut out a LOT, i'd say they cut out 40-50% of their content... enemies, weapons, storyline (the leak was more complete then people think)

Yeah they did cut out a lot, TONS OF weapons but besides the Hydra (didn't have any AI along with the strider) i cant really think of many enemies they took out. More or less all of the levels were "in" the retail...most were changed A LOT but the concept was still there. however, there was only like 15% of the SP in, besides the Coast levels, almost all of it was uncomplete, unfinishable, impossible, or boring

Im gonna dick around with the "leak" and see how diffrent the stuff was then and how it is now, I also wanna see few of the cut out enemies once again.

the striders worked fine for me, the hydra was stuck in a pose yea..... the striders would do weird shit like duck for no reason, but overall it seemed pretty polished, some orange maps every once in a while, but good overall...

TONS of weapons taken out.... i miss the weilding gun :-( we need a minimod!

Still can't find it anywhere. I just want to weld some stuff together...

Wait for the SDK. I'd like to find the original, full stolen build, not the crap one I have right now.

I dont think im ever going to delete the ANON build, its a piece of history, ive never had so much fun with a piece of sofware before, its kept me interested for weeks on end.

Hopwire? Whats that? Something cool? DAMNIT! I want to see!

what was the coolest weapon in the beta? is it worth downloading for the deleated scenes with no AI?

:) Hopwire was like a ball, you'd throw it... then a all these wires shoot out in all directions, they cling to things, but in the Leak there was no realy purpose for it; if it did make it into final my guess that it would be like some advanced form of tripmine solely for Antlions.

There was some cool shit in the leak, like some fire hydrant thing that would repel the Antlions, guess that turned out to be those combine "oilers" I like too call them in coast.

Then there was some weird looking weapon, forgot what it was some sort of combine thingie, it would shoot and just kill things, packed a punch and lots od recoil.

But I really really miss the Icendiary Rifle, WHY!? It was so cool to shoot people with and watch them burn. It's the same model as the combine pulse rifle as well... they shouldn't have made that pulse rifle with that, it should have been he I-Rifle and then make pulse rifle something else!

Every ftp I jump to, I see the HL2 leak.
Gonna play it right now, and check out the sexy bullsquid and its friends.

DAMNIT! All I can find on the net are warez of the full version. I got the full version, I bought it. I want to play with that welder gun. Why is it easier to get the full version off the net then the leak?

auron said:
DAMNIT! All I can find on the net are warez of the full version. I got the full version, I bought it. I want to play with that welder gun. Why is it easier to get the full version off the net then the leak?

Cause HL2 full version is what its all about, no one cares about the leak anymore.

Because ones legal, ones not :) Is it ok to post Beta shots? Im guessing not, but the hopwire really does look kickass.

Whoever downloaded the full HL2, I hope they get some trojan.
I never say this, never ever ever, but HL2 is a game to be bought!
Anyways, I dont think there should be problems with "leak" shots, since some poeple want to see what stuff was cut out and stuff.

post some shots of the leak weapons. i want to see em and what they can do. i was thinking of adding them to full game with the sdk eventually.

SimonomiS said:
Because ones legal, ones not :) Is it ok to post Beta shots? Im guessing not, but the hopwire really does look kickass.

Err, downloading the full version of HL2 from a warez site isn't that legal. I already bought and beat the game anyway, I just want to play with that damn welder gun.

I got it yesterday. A LOT has changed. I really, really wish they kept the Physgun, sticky launcher and welding.

And I can't get the E3 maps to work on the beta, it just crashes to the desktop. That's something I really wanted to do...play the E3 maps.

Oh and I played the level in the beginning of the game where you get in the attic and go out on the roof tops. The version in the Beta was very incomplete, it had the citadel, but pretty much all of the buildings were either only partially modelled or missing all of their textures and there were no scripts, so the mission was non-existant. There were no physical objects except for a starched matress that didn't flex. If you tried to go with the story and complete a mission, the game would try to load the next map, but the next map didn't exist, so the game would crash (there was absolutely no story in it anyway. The dialogue of the resistance fighters was totally strange.

They would say to you "Hey, it's Gordon Freeman." and another would say "Freeman." and then another "Gordon Freeman." Then someone said "I like cheese" followed by "Do you know what that looks like?" and then a "It's only going to get worse." It was just totally random crap lol.

Oh and good luck finding it, it's almost impossible. Took me 3 days to download and 2 days to find.

abconners said:
post some shots of the leak weapons. i want to see em and what they can do. i was thinking of adding them to full game with the sdk eventually.

Can't, not allowed here.

Finished my download 30 min ago, the E3 maps work fine here, I couldnt even fight the hydra, it just speared me after it speared a combine.

Can some people post some screenies? I have a beta version but its not really playable. Is the anon fixed a working game? I have the anon............im wondering if there were two versions... I love the stalker!!!

Although I do feel that the plot of the new game is relatively weak. Did the leak ruin the plot? I mean there are so many things that were taken out that could have make the game so much better.

Oh btw I did buy the Collectors edition

SkylineGT-R34 said:
Whoever downloaded the full HL2, I hope they get some trojan.
I never say this, never ever ever, but HL2 is a game to be bought!
Anyways, I dont think there should be problems with "leak" shots, since some poeple want to see what stuff was cut out and stuff.

You download all of your games? I've never done that, it's not right at all. Downloading a 2 year old barely working build of a game that's already out is okay in my opinion, but a full game is not.

And no, you cannot post any screenshots related to the stolen build. You're allowed to talk about it, but no spoilers that could still spoil the game. There are still things in there that can spoil the game.

abconners said:
Moto, can u pm me with some>?

I'm not even allowed to do that.

Someone should email gabe asking if they would mind now that everyone bought the game.

I've had it on my computer for a long damn time now...January 31st to be exact..

My plan was to play it the day before it came out (which I did), then delete it, but I forgot to delete it for some reason.

Might as well keep it now.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
Finished my download 30 min ago, the E3 maps work fine here, I couldnt even fight the hydra, it just speared me after it speared a combine.

.... :( I still cant find it. I found some torrents but they didnt say if it was full version or not, and I dont realy want to download a gig and a half file then find out its only the full version. Is it safe to assume they aren't the full version and I wont get my account banned if I use them or some crap like that?

I have the legit version of HL2, so I dont see what is the problem with messing around with the leak, since its old and very very outdated (obviously).
Anyways, everytime I try to fight the hydra, it just kills me with 1 hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back