HL2 Bosses

what if there isn't any BOSS/es in HL2.............Maybe HL2 will end up with the message

"TO BE CONTINUED"

Gorgon said:
what if there isn't any BOSS/es in HL2.............Maybe HL2 will end up with the message

"TO BE CONTINUED"

Get that Matrix bullshit out of here.

Absinthe said:
Get that Matrix bullshit out of here.

YEAH but then there is HL3...............HL3 will definitely has the final boss

laff there wasnt a boss in the hl2 beta, merc is just a doof. there will be a final battle with a hydra though...

The Hulk said:
I don't think striders or the hydra will be final bosses --> they've shown us both of these in the videos. I think, if there were a final boss or bosses, they would keep it secret until the game was out. I bet there is ALOT of stuff they are keeping secret so when it is in our hands, we'll be crapping our pants when we come across it playing the game. :rolling:

I agree 100%!

Cheetarah654 said:
laff there wasnt a boss in the hl2 beta, merc is just a doof. there will be a final battle with a hydra though...

Lol did you miss the thread where Merc^ went to the Valve offices and played the final level of HL2?

He isn't basing anything on the stolen build, however I do agree that the final boss will be a/the hydras.
Makes sense, we haven't seen or heard much about them yet so we don't know what their intentions are.

considering the Hydras are made of water, this leads me to think that HL2's gonna have some pretty amazing water effects in it. :)

Gronoken said:
I agree 100%!

Thank you Gronoken. It just seems logical. Why would Valve show us ALL the goods in previews. They are already rightfully tightlipped (as much as I hate it too) enough about most of the game, I doubt they would show us the final boss.
Also, all the people that have play tested it, they weren't allowed the play the entire game, right? Just certain levels. I guarantee 100% that they are going to throw us some sharp curves in the ways of storytelling and gameplay.

Yeah it seems logical that they won't want to show us the final boss.

Which of course they haven't done. They've shown us 2 hydras briefly in the ending of Tunnels, but that doesn't mean the final boss will look like that.

It very well could be a Hydra, a Hydra we know absolutely nothing about.

Example (a lame one): A Hydra as big as a city block...maybe thats what the combine is doing. Making a big swimming pool out of city17 :p

Bosses are so lame. You might as well stick with corridors and rocket launchers. Oh wait, thats Doom 3.

Gaming has moved on!!

Gorgon said:

"TO BE CONTINUED"

If this will happen i will kill my self !

Gronoken said:
What kind of Bosses will Half Life 2 have? I remember the old bosses like the Green Head Creature in Half Life 1 and the last one that Big Headed Alien thing. What will Half Life 2 offer? Hmm.. intresting.

I'm counting on Valve not to make bosses fights extremilly harder, like some FarCry boss battles, just to mention one. I just hope the keep it some where between fun and challenging.
:D

In that case it would be better to meet a lot of enemies insteed of one big, like 50 combines at the same time!

no way is it going to be a hydra, how pathetic would that be. un plot related for one...

Lol so you know the entire plot to HL2? Wake up m8...

VBN said:
Bosses suck TBH. It detracts from the game when you get some super bad ass thing or person showing up. For instance the dude in the helipcopter in Far Cry was stupid. You spend the whole game wasting choppers or shooting the gunners out of them until super special guy shows up and take 10 rockets up his jacksey, what a load of tosh.
Well, I think it was more a case of that boss being stupid. So was the main boss actually. But then quite a few of the enemies in Far Cry were sh*t, so...
Bosses can be done well, but yes it's stupid when it's one vaguely normal person who inexplicably turns out to be the hardest motherf*cker in the world. Max Payne did that once or twice (the guy in the bar who was getting sucked off before you killed him, par example).
The idea of bosses made sense in Giants because Kabuto was f*cking cool. And huge.
The bosses in HL weren't bad. The one in Op4 was though. Great, you have bad breath and a vagina capable of teleportation. Just great. And you couldn't even kill it with your own weapons properly. :hmph:
I'm sure Valve can pull it off. Although I really hope it's not robotic...

Mad Dog said:
The Strider looks to be the Gargantuan equivalent for HL2. Not quite a boss, but a super tough enemy that you probably can only kill with serious firepower or some kind of trap. More likely something the game puts in front of you to say "RUN!"

The Hydra definately looks like a boss type monster, though. That's the one bink I never get tired of watching - the Hydra looks pretty damn hostile. And hungry.

A couple nades and the Mr. Big Blue is gone...lame... :D

i never said i knew the entire plot i just really couldnt see the hydras as a final boss, i just think its one of the obvious things....

i mean they wouldnt show us the hydras in that trailer then have them as a final boss...think about it

Valve say that are 50 diferent tipes of enemy
soo maybe will be a big number of boses

I dont know if someone is interest about this but I hav designed a HL2 boss, I made it to one of the art contest of the site
I even make a scene whit my "manhack boss"
are made in paint cuz is all I hav
I hope you like it :)

<RJMC> said:
Valve say that are 50 diferent tipes of enemy
soo maybe will be a big number of boses

I dont know if someone is interest about this but I hav designed a HL2 boss, I made it to one of the art contest of the site
I even make a scene whit my "manhack boss"
are made in paint cuz is all I hav
I hope you like it :)

HAHA! It looks like a hedge trimmer! :E

**SPOILER HOW HALF LIFE 2 ENDS ***

After rescuing Alyx from Breen you go to get away but see Breen and the GMan fighting with large, glowing swords.
The GMan looks up at you and stands tall, undefended. Breen strikes and GMan seemingly evapourates leaving only the pile of his Goverment-issue black suit and his briefcase.
You escape with Alyx and her dog and go to some big medal ceremony.

Gronoken said:
yeah. why? lol

Someone show me a pic of the "Combine Boss" is what I was referring to..

TMPer Tantrum said:
**SPOILER HOW HALF LIFE 2 ENDS ***

After rescuing Alyx from Breen you go to get away but see Breen and the GMan fighting with large, glowing swords.
The GMan looks up at you and stands tall, undefended. Breen strikes and GMan seemingly evapourates leaving only the pile of his Goverment-issue black suit and his briefcase.
You escape with Alyx and her dog and go to some big medal ceremony.

Is this true? OR made up? If this is true I WILL KILL YOU

Gronoken said:
Is this true? OR made up? If this is true I WILL KILL YOU
Errr sarcasm?

Glowing swords? Cmon man, no-one (atleast noone you should know about) knows the ending.

Shuzer said:
lol, never seen StarWars Episode 4? :|

The best part is when Vader chokes the poor rebel dude at the beginning :(

There is no boss. You have to perform a series of hard tasks the lead to the destruction of the combine tower. And at the end you get a knife in the back and a twist of cruel fate.

10$ says I'm really close.

wonkers said:
There is no boss. You have to perform a series of hard tasks the lead to the destruction of the combine tower. And at the end you get a knife in the back and a twist of cruel fate.

10$ says I'm really close.
Then where is HL3?

i say you turn into a giant cheeseburger and repopulate the desimated world with fries.

Edit: am pissed, birthday tommorow and have been taken out by friends. :cheers: And not in the Hitman way.

sorry meant my birthday is today(july 3rd)

Back