HL2 CE now available in UK

G

grumpycrab

I guess its the same as the US version. I don't recall metal tin though.
here
--
Grumps
PS. its £37 ($67)

December 10, 2004?

Amazon better be wrong with their speculative dates. Usually they are.

what the heck!?!?

EDIT: I am betting on a gold announcment tomorrow.

yep gold announcement tomorrow here too, its a coming

These December-like signals slowly starting to creep out are beginning to dampen my optimism again. :(

Please let it be November.

It's weird how they've suddenly added it admist all the gold rumours. They could've added it when the us site did but they've waited until now. Im guessing that they got some official confirmation.

Dont know about the date though.

what are the extra games? hls and dods? if thats the case hl2 silver pack as a massive rip off :(

Hmm December would ****ing suck. I hope they didn't get official info.

uhmm.. will there be 2 different CE's? Cause i've preordered a CE from EB which seems to be in a bigger black box... But no words about a metal tin?? Has this been verified?

The non-CE has 1st November for the release date, so I wouldn't put too much faith in the release dates being true.

mutt said:
what are the extra games? hls and dods? if thats the case hl2 silver pack as a massive rip off :(
No, they don't get those or CS:Z. At least I hope not, as someone who just paid £40 for silver :)

koopa said:
No, they don't get those or CS:Z. At least I hope not, as someone who just paid £40 for silver :)
yea i feel the same,

but it says 2 free games in the title

The two free games will most likely be CS:Source and HL:Source, just like the collector's edition everywhere else in the world.

Has anyone found the CE any where in the UK the as Amazon have removed their details, Game are selling it for full price £40. And a few other places are labeling their copies Half-Life 2 DVD-ROM but both releases are DVD though arnt they, well Game seems to think they are.

I'm lost and confussed, with little money :p

Originally the UK would not be getting a Collectors edition of the game, but instead of realeasing it on 6cd's as in the u.s. they decided it would be better to release it on a single DVD (which will include half life 2 and CS:source).

This DVD version is NOT the collectors edition, rather the standerd version for release in the uk. then a couple of days ago amazon listed the collectors (i think they called it special) edition which was different to the standard edition that is being released in the UK, it said with 2 additional games (in addition to the 2 already on the DVD version), but did not say what they were (probably HL:soursce and DOD:source) anyway, they have since unlisted it, meaning its not coming out in the uk :( , or they got the details totally wrong.

hope this clears things up.

Game are still listing the CE, they have even changed it details today the price has gone up to £50 and they have put the picture of the box up as well. I've had alook around some other UK games sites and Game is the only one that still list CE and always trusted Game's information :frown:

I'd buy on steam but i dont have a credit card and they dont support Switch or Solo, so this is the package il get, afterall i want Halflife:Source and DoD:S.

Back