HL2 Collectors Edition at EB Games

That better have some good shizzle in it! Eff Zeus! :eek:

never seen a black and orange bowling ball, that would be neat

Thats like $150 Australian...thats actually not that bad :bounce:

I would like a mini Golden crowbar keychain to come with mine including the full 1000+ pages of the Halflife bible.

Yeah well, they say it will include HL and mods like TFC, CS, DOD re-done in Source. Plus some other generic special edition crap.

Mr.Reak said:
Yeah well, they say it will include HL and mods like TFC, CS, DOD re-done in Source. Plus some other generic special edition crap.

WHO said that excactly??

Mr.Reak said:

phew im glad I reserved that puppy

I'll just have to see what exactly comes with it before I make my decision.

Doug said it, in some E3 interview, that it is likely to be so. Now, I can't guarantee you 100% that special edition will include them, so don't run off blindly pre-ordering the game, wait for official details on a website or HL2.net news.

Ok lets see, 79.99 US dollars convert that into canadian....cary the 4... subtract .10 then add another 20 dollars for no apparent reason...

Gives us 109.807 Canadian dollars +20 (the no reason part, they do seem to do this) = 129.81 dollars :frown:

It had better have a live headcrap named mr pinchy inside god damit! :frown:

if the collectors edition is going to include all those mods ported from source. people are going to have put them up for download most likely, illegal or legal. but i wonder what valves stance is on the legality of spreading them around ala CS style.

poseyjmac said:
if the collectors edition is going to include all those mods ported from source. people are going to have put them up for download most likely, illegal or legal. but i wonder what valves stance is on the legality of spreading them around ala CS style.

Download them, eh? And how are they going to play those mods without Steam verification?

dscowboy said:
Download them, eh? And how are they going to play those mods without Steam verification?
You make a good point here. They will probly require you to go thru steam, I also hope we get a T-Shirt or a Model Headcrab or something. I'll spend the xtra bucks for something cool like that.

On a side note poseyjmac, I almost pissed myself when I saw your avatar.

Is it too much to ask for a plastic crowbar.

On the subject of this including mods. If i buy this pack, with dod ect, will i have to continue to pay for anything? Will the updates and such all come free with steam?

If somone makes a mod, will it be free to get from steam once it is released, or will i have to pay for it?

urseus said:
Is it too much to ask for a plastic crowbar.

On the subject of this including mods. If i buy this pack, with dod ect, will i have to continue to pay for anything? Will the updates and such all come free with steam?

If somone makes a mod, will it be free to get from steam once it is released, or will i have to pay for it?
From what I understand Valve does not charge for anything with steam, ie. updates, patches.

Chainer said:
On a side note poseyjmac, I almost pissed myself when I saw your avatar.

I *WAS* to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was from the alyx XSI presentation from awhile back, but I just watched it again and it's not..

I'm sure each mod will come with a cd key that you must input into steam in order to play the mod. That way anybody who downloaded the mod wouldnt be able to play since they have no cd key.

Is this a set price, or is EB Games just making an educated guess? To be honest, this is about what I was expecting as it seems to be the going price for collector's editions these days.

ive always expected it to be that much, and ive always had every intention of buying it the hour it comes out.

:dozey: I was thinking more like $60, that's included tax. Whew, $79.99- that's like what $85 all together? Oh well, i'd have my momster buy it for me anyways, all because i'm some crazed Half-Life fan... see the things people would do for the shit they like? :smoking:

kaf11 said:
ive always expected it to be that much, and ive always had every intention of buying it the hour it comes out.
I'll be right beside you, shoving over the guy grabbing two.

dscowboy said:
Don't ask about stuff you dont' wanna know.

Mountain Man said:
Is this a set price, or is EB Games just making an educated guess? To be honest, this is about what I was expecting as it seems to be the going price for collector's editions these days.

i think that price is a guess.. note the "prices and availability subject to change" part?

since Valve themselves don't know right now what will be part of the Collectors Editions, its silly to think retailers know anything more.

There are probably different types of CD Keys for the different packages that you can get. One type for the value pack, another for standard SP/MP/Mod, and another for the CE bundle.

You enter in whatever CD Key comes with your box/coupon. Or if you buy off of Steam, you're CD Key is linked with your login (you'll probably also get a copy of the CD Key for safe keeping).

Just my $0.02.

EDIT: I would suspect that pirating HL2 would be nigh-impossible, if not difficult without a valid key.

I believe Doug also said that the mods would be available over Steam if you have a subscription. I will still buy the SE if it comes with a T-shirt though :cheese:

FaM said:
I would like a mini Golden crowbar keychain to come with mine including the full 1000+ pages of the Halflife bible.

Today in some store owned by asians (yes that is relevant to the topic) I saw some little Counter-Strike figures you could fit on your keyring. They looked, well... leet :)

Hmm, I wonder if they could give out the info on what products they are going to sell to the retailers, so that we can start pre-ordering.

as someone else said, September release....meh.

And its gonna hit Canadians hard... 130$, a little steep.

That's like 66 euros, it isn't much. Games usually cost around 50 euros here (60 USD) in Finland. I'm going for it, thanks Valve :)

Yeah, but you have to add the cost of importing it :p

So I figure it will cost around 80€ in finland.

It should come with an official, custon made, just for HL2 crowbar that looks exactly like the one Gordon uses! :thumbs: :D :naughty: :bounce:

Mr.Reak said:
Can you please shut your mouth? There are enough stupid people here that can’t read, and in no time it’s stated as official at every fan site, and we will get 10098 topics here asking if it’s true. If you don’t know don’t say anything... Please

Sorry to be so rude (if you can call that rude) but its getting annoying, K :)

I wonder how much an annual Valve game Steam subscription would be.

It'll probably be like a fancy as hell box, the game, maybe those redone hl games. Maybe also some kind of documentary material regarding the development of HL2 and valve's take on the whole HL universe and stuff. Personally, I want a dancing headcrab figurine. or maybe one of those that moves when you make noise.

If it doesn't have anything worthy of 80 bucks i'll just get the regular full version.

Back