are writing to let you know that the release date of your
item(s) has changed. Please see the information below to
find out when the new release date is, and when you can
expect to receive your order.

Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition PC
Original release date : 02 SEP 2004
New release date : 02 NOV 2004
Selected Shipping Method : Standard

Amazon, GameStop, and BestBuy show shipping dates as November. EB still reports September as shipping date.

Nothing is confirmed but apparently it's delayed to November 2nd.

http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/community/12447/

errrgh cool i guess...?

They wouldnt know at all yet.
It seems odd why they would say that, I will check my own pre-order now and get back to you
Im with EB

for me its still listed as the 1st of September

No retailer knows for sure however, seems Valve don't know themselves just yet.

We don't really know how much the retailers know. Some people here (the dumbest ones) think there is absolutely no communication between VU and the retailers. They, of course, are dead wrong.

Well, not even Valve has a real choice when it gets released. VU could hold it for a month or two and release it before X-mas. Which would piss a lot of people off. Hopefully they don't do that.

I reckon its Bogus. If its ready to preload on steam then it shouldnt take like 2 months to release the retail version. Well thats what I think

Biozeminade said:
HOW can it be delayed if we don't have a release date yet??
Delayed past the 'summer' release date Valve were hoping for. I think that's what they were trying to imply.

The early September release dates are clearly wrong. So they had to change their dates to something further off. Eb games are probably a bit slow, they'll make a change soon.

It doesn't mean November is the correct date.

technically vu once approving the master copy( if deticating all their resources) could print all their first release copies in 21 days. But even with their other obligations it should only take just over a month to copy box and store in their warehouse. Taking inventroy to make sure they didn't "misplace" a copy is where that it will sit for 2 more weeks. Then they have to release it on a tuesday which will add another week or 2. Then their is shipping concerns. So there is a lot of variables, not to menton that they have the rights (vu) to put a temp stay on the release anywhere along the line, that will determin the final release date. It could be late september to september of 2006(technically). It will most likely be between the 30th of september and 15th of november(that my idiotic and idealistic opinion amongst more educated and informed release dates)...but there it is....as on the Red Green show, what are the 3 words Men(and some Women) find so hard to say....I DON'T KNOW.;)

iamaelephant said:
We don't really know how much the retailers know. Some people here (the dumbest ones) think there is absolutely no communication between VU and the retailers. They, of course, are dead wrong.

VU doesn't know the date themselves. They too are guessing. What difference does it make?

Dude, dont listen what the online stores say. Right now there is NO comfirmed release date, which means no one in this whole world knows it yet

dassbaba said:
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your recent purchase from Walmart.com We
are writing to let you know that the release date of your
item(s) has changed. Please see the information below to
find out when the new release date is, and when you can
expect to receive your order.

Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition PC
Original release date : 02 SEP 2004
New release date : 02 NOV 2004
Selected Shipping Method : Standard

Amazon, GameStop, and BestBuy show shipping dates as November. EB still reports September as shipping date.

Nothing is confirmed but apparently it's delayed to November 2nd.

http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/community/12447/

errrgh cool i guess...?

don't u f*ckin believe retailers..they know shit...

come on boys, the game hasn't gone gold yet, and it's augest the 19th. It is obvious that it's going to be delayed.

unfortunately this was the scene last year, might just be the scene next year too, yippee (ok well maybe not... then again with valve, maybe so)

:)

Valve still has 12 days in which to go gold and keep to their estimation. If the preload has begun (or will soon) then that means they are very close to reaching gold status. Why would they upload content which would be turned down by VU? Obviously there's plenty we don't know.

It will only take a couple of weeks from gold status to reach the shelves so I reckon its very possible that we'll see it in mid-sept. November is just a stupid safety date just so the retailers aren't proved wrong.

RoguePsi said:
Valve still has 12 days in which to go gold and keep to their estimation. If the preload has begun (or will soon) then that means they are very close to reaching gold status. Why would they upload content which would be turned down by VU? Obviously there's plenty we don't know.

It will only take a couple of weeks from gold status to reach the shelves so I reckon its very possible that we'll see it in mid-sept. November is just a stupid safety date just so the retailers aren't proved wrong.

Valve's got more than twelve days though. Summer doesn't end until Sept. 21st.

Calling the game delayed now is just as wrongheaded as any retailer estimate.

Walmart did that cause they were selling the Collectors Edition for like $60 when it is supposed to be like $85 or something. They realized that they made a mistake and it trying to fix it by getting people to cancel their orders. This happens alot. CompUSA is the KING of this kind of thing. They do it on video cards alot.

Mechagodzilla said:
Valve's got more than twelve days though. Summer doesn't end until Sept. 21st.

Calling the game delayed now is just as wrongheaded as any retailer estimate.
valve needs days for duplication, packaging and transport.

they said they would RELEASE it in Summer..

how come all the game sites i've been on only have the one version of half life 2 and they don't even say which it is?! also they've all got completely different release dates?! WTF?

(Amazon, game, gamestation, gameplay, hmv and mvc)

When I was in England, I asked in about 10 different stores when HL2 two will be released, since I hadn't been in touth with the HL2 community in weeks, and thay all answerd 1:st of October...

don't u f*ckin believe retailers..they know shit...

I almost always agree with that but looked what happened with Doom 3 - they (EB and Gamestop) posted the release date before it went gold and it was dead on.

Why can't they all be like Gamespot.com?
Half-Life 2 : TO BE ANNOUNCED

Because most retailers internal and external systems won't let them enter a TBA, it has to be a date.

Wallmart where have i heard about them? OH YEAH thats the crappy store cothat sold guns to auple of teenagers and guess what they did with them!! - i know this has nothing to do with games but thought i warn you about them, so check they don't try to give you discount on gun thats featured in hl2!!! :bounce:

bud7miker said:
Wallmart where have i heard about them? OH YEAH thats the crappy store cothat sold guns to auple of teenagers and guess what they did with them!! - i know this has nothing to do with games but thought i warn you about them, so check they don't try to give you discount on gun thats featured in hl2!!! :bounce:

Actually it is Walmart, Wallmart sell only Walls.

Halo2 might be comeing alot sooner than everyone is thinking... if you have checked ilovebees recently their is a 4 day countdown timer.

I like retailers that are generous with their TBA's.

I preordered from Specialreserve.co.uk back in September 2003, and their 'release date' for HL2 has NEVER changed from TBA, even when valve was banging on about september 30th.

i heard that someone on bungie tattooed the release date on his arm. Is that true?

i heard that someone on bungie tattooed the release date on his arm. Is that true?

Peter Moore, head of Xbox Game Studios, did at the E3 2004 Press Briefing.

It's possible that a rc has been submitted, isn't it? Valve doesnt always tell everybody what is going on. Maybe not, CS:S beta was just released.

I doubt they would announce the submission of a release candidate. We probably wouldn't hear anything until HL2 actually went gold.

Hey, the game could've be 'delayed' until next year. We got lucky this time. Let's stop bitching.

Back