HL2 DM not starting?

Ug....I just logged onto Steam to play some HL2...notice HL2DM is out...then I d/l that and realize nothing else works...come here and find this big drama section flaring... bah.

I forgot to mention, i did get this messege where it said, hl2 hasnt been updated please run to update, but when i ran hl2 nothing happened. this is after steam downloaded and installed update as i watched it do it which was very fast 550/sec i was amazed cause i never went higher than 300k/sec when i downloaded files in the past.

Ok ill add my name in here now... just after dl it wont load up, neither will any steam app..

/me waits ...

Sit back, take a hit, realize youve already had to deal with a one year delay on HL2 and this will probably be fixed by the end of the month, take a hit, sit back...

im pretty sure the download speed is in kilobits not kilobytes

crap! not working here 2! :flame:
At least this time i dont think its to do with the retail disk not starting properly! (seemed to have probs validateing key in time when hl2 first came out), because i can here the disk start up to play every time i try hl2dm!
hope they get this fixed soon! good luck valve!

p.s. i wanna :sniper: u all on dm! see u soon!
:afro:

Abix said:
Sit back, take a hit, realize youve already had to deal with a one year delay on HL2 and this will probably be fixed by the end of the month, take a hit, sit back...

I'm sure many people who purchase the game are not going to be happy when they can't even play it :dozey:

awesome.

I am very disappointed.... I was hoping they got this fixed atleast by 3am, that would have gave them a whopping 7 hours to figure out what the problem was, but now it looks like it won't be fixed untill probably today in the afternoon or late today, but who knows... I really wanted to try out DM, even worse none of the Source games work... so now I will have to wait until midnight tomorrow to play anything cause i have class, and work all day until midnight... awesome...

oh and the funny thing is they took the STEAM FORUMS offline, hmmm I can just wonder why...

GG Steam, no really...

It's brilliant. Release a giant new component at the end of the workday and then go home. To all the people saying just be patient and wait til tomorrow, I say **** that. I want to play the game I paid for and by all rights should work. This is going to happen everytime Valve releases something new. Eventually one of two things will happen: either Steam will die and we won't have to put up with this crap anymore or Valve will just stop patching and offering upgrades. See if you can guess which one will come true.

well, gives people stuff to talk about in the forums.........damn you valve

Working on a fix for this, should be out in a few minutes.

cliffe said:
Working on a fix for this, should be out in a few minutes.

whoa damn!
that's fast. That should shut up the crybabies..

go cliffe! :afro:

It seems adding launch options to HLdm causes it not to startup as well - its well good tho :) Team Deathmatch is just too good :D

ok sweet they fixed it, should work now people, mine just updated itself

Back