HL2 fans death before the games release.

spicoli420

Reaction score
Ok this is not an upbeat topic nor is there a real point of this post. I was thinking while on an airplane last weekend, what if the plane goes down and I die before playing HL2? Yes I know in death there are way more important things than a damn video game(family, friends, the afterlife), but wouldn't that just suck. Your on your way to get the game on the release date and you get in a wreck. Or as you are installing the game you are chowing down on some chicken and you choke to death. I wonder out of all the millions of people that will play this game if there's at least one that won't make it.

Will It be you??

JOKE:

I just put this in my will:
"In case I die before HL2 reaches me, I declare that I be buried with a retail copy (CE) of Half-Life 2 and a retail standard copy (Gordon on the cover).

lazicsavo said:
JOKE:

I just put this in my will:
"In case I die before HL2 reaches me, I declare that I be buried with a retail copy (CE) of Half-Life 2 and a retail standard copy (Gordon on the cover).

That's a wonderful plan:)

cylylk dude ... WE KNOW ... its a joke ... stop being the troll .... rawr! ... i hope i make it

ok now this is just sad... lol seriously guys, its a game

-merc

Well hopefully Half-Life 2 comes out before my cancer gets any worse. :(

People need to learn to lighten up in these forums. If you want serious conversations go to a high school debate club or, even better, to a bar.

I am sure there are thousands of people that have died over the last year (since sep 30th) waiting for HL2.

NJD2003 said:
Well hopefully Half-Life 2 comes out before my cancer gets any worse. :(

See there we don't know weather your jocking or actually talking serious.

PS: I remember reading about a cancer patient holding on just to read the last part of some book series and 2 hours after hearing the end he died. Talk about commitment.

Actually he's on to something.

I was actually going to make a thread on the day of HL2's release that said that we should all just pause for a moment of silence before playing the game to remember those HL2 fans who are not around to share our joy on that day.

We are a pretty close-knit community so I thought it would only be appropriate for us to do so.

SFLUFAN said:

I was actually going to make a thread on the day of HL2's release that said that we should all just pause for a moment of silence before playing the game to remember those HL2 fans who are not around to share our joy on that day.

We are a pretty close-knit community so I thought it would only be appropriate for us to do so.

Your pushing my resolve. I'll try for that one minute silence, but I doubt I'll be able to control my drooling.

this is pathetic. i can guarantee you, '****, i never got to install hl2!' will not be the last thing to run through my head just before i buy it.

NJD2003 said:
Sadly i'm serious.

This is the first time I have been serious on this forum: I know what cancer can do (hell, I've dedicated my career to curing it), and I hope you pull through all right.

NJD2003 i will pray for you also bro... hl2 fans stick togetha!

-merc

I was diagnosed with Liver cancer about 6 and a half months ago, it went away and for awhile I was doing great, but a couple weeks ago I was having pains and so I went to the doctor and they told it had returned. In one of my check-outs about 7 days ago the doctor told me it was spreading very fast and that I might not make it past Christmas.

damn, we gotta get valve notified about this cause njd2003 needs the game now! i say someone emails valve about it and im totally serious

-merc

I really don't know what to say...there is nothing that I really can say.

I came to terms with it a little while after I was diagnosed so it doesn't really have to make you guys feel awkward or anything.

Edit: My question was answered before I finished typing. This has got to be the fastest moving forum I've ever seen.

Cancer really is awful. Shocking how one of the most serious diseases around is caused by your own body.

Anyway,

SFLUFAN said:

Perhaps we could observe it during the trip home. Maybe at a stoplight? :)

"Perhaps we could observe it during the trip home. Maybe at a stoplight?"

I think that just before you click the "Start New Game" button would be the most appropriate.

NJD2003 said:
I came to terms with it a little while after I was diagnosed so it doesn't really have to make you guys feel awkward or anything.

Wow, now I feel really bad for starting this stupid thread:( Even though I don't know you, I'll make sure your in our prayers. Good luck!!

SFLUFAN said:
"Perhaps we could observe it during the trip home. Maybe at a stoplight?"

I think that just before you click the "Start New Game" button would be the most appropriate.
Indeed. Perhaps a quick reflection on all the time we spent waiting for that moment would be in order.

But then again, no matter how bodacious it is, Half-Life 2 is still just a game.

Do you think all those who have passed would want us to avoid enjoying Half-life 2? If anything they'll want you to play an EXTRA minute! Not wait a minute.

lazicsavo said:
Of course, it's a joke. If I were to be buried with anything I'll be with my star wars collection.

I actually laughed out loud at that. Pathetic.

Demon Wraith said:
Do you think all those who have passed would want us to avoid enjoying Half-life 2? If anything they'll want you to play an EXTRA minute! Not wait a minute.
Depends on the attitude of the deceased, I suppose.

iamaelephant said:
I actually laughed out loud at that. Pathetic.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that that was probably a joke as well.
Edit: The Star Wars thing, not what you said.

spicoli420 said:
Ok this is not an upbeat topic nor is there a real point of this post. I was thinking while on an airplane last weekend, what if the plane goes down and I die before playing HL2? Yes I know in death there are way more important things than a damn video game(family, friends, the afterlife), but wouldn't that just suck. Your on your way to get the game on the release date and you get in a wreck. Or as you are installing the game you are chowing down on some chicken and you choke to death. I wonder out of all the millions of people that will play this game if there's at least one that won't make it.

Will It be you??

Thats just to weird/scary for me. :/
:x

lazicsavo said:
It was a joke people!!!! come on, I'm a nerd, but I'm not a pathetic nerd.
That's what they all say. :D

lazicsavo said:
I get out a lot, my computer is average, I got a car, a girlfriend, nah, I'm a happy nerd.
That's what they all say. :D

In response to someone saying a couple extra months won't kill you:
OCybrManO said:
Approximately 57 million people (about 1 in 113) will have died by the first anniversary of HL2's original release date. In a couple of months 9+ million people could die. Chances are that at least some of those people want to play HL2.

Valve, please hurry so that none of us have to die without being able to play HL2!

Back