HL2 fans death before the games release.

commando said:
what if you was just having a normal day and suddenly something hit your eye....causing you to go blind, so you could only hear what you was doing in hl2 and not see it.

or the other way around and be deaf and not see it (but that is ok because subtitles.

but wat it you ended up death and blind :(.

if any of those happened to me before the game arrived!!!!!!! :O dunno what i would do

Well, if you ended up "death and blind," I'm pretty sure I know what you'd do.

I hope you get well soon NJD2003, Everyones thoughts and prays are with you.

Strangely I was thinking of starting a similier thread.

This time last year I was thinking "I hope I don't die before sep 30th" Infact I quit my job early september last year so nothing happens to me(Sad but true)

But as soon as The whole leak happened and it was coming out in april at the earliest then I crawled back to work and pretended it never happened or I was joking (Like George Costanza in seinfeld)

I had a nice 2 week holiday though so not all was lost, I might try it again next week.

I can't take any chances.

I could see some of you guys

*camera cuts to city flood: someone is hanging onto a stick for dear life

HL2 fan: Don't let go of me man! *gurgle* I want to live to play HL2!!!!
guy holding the stick: (long pause) *lets go of stick*

The guy holding a stick might be a HL2 fan too and let go of the stick in case he got pulled in as well.

I was meant to put 'the guy holding THE stick' not 'a'

I don't seem to be able to edit the post for some reason.

NJD2003 said:
I was diagnosed with Liver cancer about 6 and a half months ago, it went away and for awhile I was doing great, but a couple weeks ago I was having pains and so I went to the doctor and they told it had returned. In one of my check-outs about 7 days ago the doctor told me it was spreading very fast and that I might not make it past Christmas.

There's nothing they can do? At all? That's...saddening.

We should e-mail valve about this, they might be interested...maybe he could be a play-tester or something. Maybe they'd fly him out to California....

You live close to me! As you can see I'm from Nova Scotia. My sister and my brother-in-law are in fredriction right now, how far is woodstock from there?

ps: I like hockey too! Go Canada Go!

Are you going to go to School?

Slime said:
Really guys, stop this " It's just a game" thing! Everybody knows that, do you really think one of us is worshipping this game with Newell's and Laidlaw's pictures on his/her wall... seriously?

/me takes down my pictures :(

NJD2003, I'm praying for you man. Don't give up hope. There was a man in my church with a malicious brain tumor. The doctors gave him six months, but it receded for a long while and he lived for six more years. Who knows, you may end up playing Duke Nukem Forever!! :)

Dead-Inside said:
Shit man, anything they can do? I mean, is there any hope?

I am openminded. That said, I'm no moron. I'm not saying it's wrong believing in the afterlife, I'm saying it's stupid believing in God, Jesus, and all the holy fellowship. It's a really poorly written fairytale. Screw it I'll be overrun by blind idiots if I continue this rant (I still will).

I'm no devout catholic - far from it. But I find it interesting to take your screen name into account while reading what you have to say.

Does that send you an interesting message of any kind?

Baal said:
There's nothing they can do? At all? That's...saddening.

We should e-mail valve about this, they might be interested...maybe he could be a play-tester or something. Maybe they'd fly him out to California....

You live close to me! As you can see I'm from Nova Scotia. My sister and my brother-in-law are in fredriction right now, how far is woodstock from there?

ps: I like hockey too! Go Canada Go!

Are you going to go to School?

Gabe's been emailed. He knows about this. So please don't clog up his email account with more repetitive emails.

lazic that first post had me in tears especially "and a retail standard copy (Gordon on the cover)." :D

Cunni said:
Gabe's been emailed. He knows about this. So please don't clog up his email account with more repetitive emails.

Yea I didn't, i already saw someone post it anyways.

Wildhound said:
I'm no devout catholic - far from it. But I find it interesting to take your screen name into account while reading what you have to say.

Does that send you an interesting message of any kind?

The nickname, Dead-Inside, has nothing to do with death or beliefs in that kind. If you can't figure it out on your own I guess you'll be stuck not knowing. It's not something that should need explaining.

That would be pretty sad to have your last thought before you die to be "noooooooooooo must play half-life 2!!!"

kaellinn18 said:
/me takes down my pictures :(

NJD2003, I'm praying for you man. Don't give up hope. There was a man in my church with a malicious brain tumor. The doctors gave him six months, but it receded for a long while and he lived for six more years. Who knows, you may end up playing Duke Nukem Forever!! :)

Noone lives for 200 years...

Dead-Inside said:
The nickname, Dead-Inside, has nothing to do with death or beliefs in that kind. If you can't figure it out on your own I guess you'll be stuck not knowing. It's not something that should need explaining.

Referring to yourself as dead inside implies a lack of feeling, emotion, spirituality or any other deep rooted sense of meaning or harmony with life in general.

I don't recall mentioning beliefs.

If you can't work out what I'm getting at then I'm afraid you're the one who's struggling here, not me.

Dead-Inside said:
Noone lives for 200 years...

I will, or i'll die trying :D

NJD2003, i could tell you how sorry i am for you, but that does neither of us any good. So i'll just hope for a miracle, and wish you and those close to you the best of luck.

No... Really, no human being lives for 200 years. They haven't in the past and they aren't today. They might be somewhere in the future, but to this date, noone lives for 200 years.

Dead-Inside said:
No... Really, no human being lives for 200 years. They haven't in the past and they aren't today. They might be somewhere in the future, but to this date, noone lives for 200 years.

that you know of.

Wildhound said:
Referring to yourself as dead inside implies a lack of feeling, emotion, spirituality or any other deep rooted sense of meaning or harmony with life in general.

I don't recall mentioning beliefs.

If you can't work out what I'm getting at then I'm afraid you're the one who's struggling here, not me.

Right.

poseyjmac said:
that you know of.

No, really. It's not just people I know. The oldest human to date is, what, 125 years old or something? That's out of all recorded births. African tribes and alike live shorter then regular, civilized people so you can count those out.

So, I'm sorry but, I'm drawing a blank. Which human being does today live to be 200 years old? I highly doubt any of us will be 200 years either, healthcare isn't that good yet.

Dead-Inside said:
Right.

No, really. It's not just people I know. The oldest human to date is, what, 125 years old or something? That's out of all recorded births. African tribes and alike live shorter then regular, civilized people so you can count those out.

So, I'm sorry but, I'm drawing a blank. Which human being does today live to be 200 years old? I highly doubt any of us will be 200 years either, healthcare isn't that good yet.

the point that you need to learn is that you can't prove your claim.

lazicsavo said:
Of course, it's a joke. If I were to be buried with anything I'll be with my star wars collection.

Right on man, BTW there releasing the 4,5 & 6 movies next month in a DVD collection.

ah fs stop making me cringe with these stupid posts over a pc game for christ sake

A typical thread.. 'What colour underpants will you be wearing whilst playing hl2'

cut it out

spicoli420 said:
Ok this is not an upbeat topic nor is there a real point of this post. I was thinking while on an airplane last weekend, what if the plane goes down and I die before playing HL2? Yes I know in death there are way more important things than a damn video game(family, friends, the afterlife), but wouldn't that just suck. Your on your way to get the game on the release date and you get in a wreck. Or as you are installing the game you are chowing down on some chicken and you choke to death. I wonder out of all the millions of people that will play this game if there's at least one that won't make it.

Will It be you??

dude if your dead you can like haunt Gabe into releasing the game, DO IT!

spicoli420 said:
Will It be you??

Hell no

Well I cant say that, but I normaly kick it inside all day playing games. Either that or Im working, but I hope to God its not me! :hmph:

Dead-Inside said:
Oh, but I can, good sir. That's my point.

what i think Posey is trying to say is, perhaps there were pple that lived as old as and beyond 200 years old, but since mankind hasn't kept records from the beginning, we don't really know either way.

all we can rely on is from the time we started keeping records.
but thats not to say there weren't pple who lived past the age of 200 :p

Induction people. There is no animal (note that I'm excluding plants) that lives beyond 200 years (as long as we have kept records).

It is safe to assume, though the process of induction, that there is no human that lived beyond 200 years.

Of course, by defenition, induction is flawed, so nobody can be sure.

I find myself thinking these sorts of thoughts when a big game's coming up (see also the thread a while ago where people were worried about crashing their car while driving home with their CE). But if you think about it, when was the last time you WEREN'T looking forward to a major gaming release? If you don't plan on giving up games (which I don't) and if you're a dedicated gamer (in which case there's a good chance you're over or under weight... don't get angry... it's true) odds are you're going to die while looking forward to a great game.

Oh, and while a fair few people have died during the delay, even more have become old enough to buy it. Swings and roundabouts, so to speak.

Oh, and I'm putting it in my will that if I should die before half life 2 is released, someone's going to Valve to slap Gabe round the face with an undisclosed variety of fish. Nothing personal.

I am gonna lock my self in a room made of pillows and stay there
untill H λ L F - L I F E ² realese :smoking:

Dr. Freeman said:
what i think Posey is trying to say is, perhaps there were pple that lived as old as and beyond 200 years old, but since mankind hasn't kept records from the beginning, we don't really know either way.

all we can rely on is from the time we started keeping records.
but thats not to say there weren't pple who lived past the age of 200 :p

... It's not physically possible to live 200 years, it wasn't in the world at that time either. That's my proof. Maybe you want to discuss religion now? :dozey:

Wraithen said:
If you don't plan on giving up games (which I don't) and if you're a dedicated gamer (in which case there's a good chance you're over or under weight... don't get angry... it's true) odds are you're going to die while looking forward to a great game.
Actually there are just a few titles I've been waiting for so badly in my life, so I could easily end dying while waiting for nothing at all.
But I imagine that in the next century, tons of cool games (much cooler than HL2 could ever be) will be released, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to play any of them. Well... too bad :)

Dead-Inside said:
... It's not physically possible to live 200 years, it wasn't in the world at that time either. That's my proof. Maybe you want to discuss religion now? :dozey:

religion.. right, you would just say that there is no god, and that since you said it, its proof.

you obviously don't know anything about debate. you made a claim that you can't possibly back up, unless you catalog every human in the world. your first sentence is NOT proof, its just your opinion based off things you've learned.

its a pretty ridiculous thing being debated here, but once you realize you can't prove it, you will have learned something about life and become a smarter person.

Back