HL2 Gold Tuesday? DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO FLAME

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I'm actually very serious. While many people may think it's pure speculation, let me explain. I was in a CS:S game, office, and a player named [VALVe] Cliffe joined the game. of course, you know, we assume he's a fake. he states, Hey guys, hope your enjoying CS:Source, but you'll be enjoying alot more come Tuesday. ;) And then he left. Supposedly the moderator traced his ip and he's the real deal. What do you guys think?

They're gonna add the chicken to Italy tuesday!

guinny said:
Supposedly
Well, there you have it. The moderator could have been playing along, or maybe he was even in on the joke.

Even if he wasn't, he could've been referring to new models, etc., but not a gold announcement.

I spoke to someone called God on IRC the other day and he said that Armageddon starts Monday. Tough break, eh?

Gertrum said:
I spoke to someone called God on IRC the other day and he said that Armageddon starts Monday. Tough break, eh?

Really?!?!?!??

Wow this guy is probably Gabe Newell :)

No seriously I would not trust a guy who come in server and say sh*t

I hope your right..

Even a patch,maps,player models will make me happy..

But GOLD will make me horney..

Cliffe would post this on the Steam forums.

guinny, you might be right on the gold announcement. I mean, yeah a hardcore CS player would be happy on a patch but Cliffe (if he was real) might be talking about HL2 going gold. Since we will all be very happy when HL2 has gone gold. If it does go gold on Tues. When can we expect to see it on store shelves?

I would think him and the mod are playing a prank. Or the mod was lieing. Either way, Im hardly going to beileve some guy that came into a server under a valve team members name.

Ehhh, what the heck, it COULD be legit, but if it is, its something like a new CS:S patch, nothing important.

I hope that they insert something so you can pickup/throw things in cs:s... but that's just what I hope, not realistic.

maybe he means they are finally releasing some damn maps.

OMG i remember that thread where they got the retard Peter pan and put Gordn's face ontop!!! HAHAHAH!!! anywyas, yeah that peter pan guy is retarded. Anyone read his site? No seriosuly it is sooooo weird. I kiind of felt like throwing up after reading it.

I was also thinking that they were going to anounce gold tuesday, after all, it seems realistic.

Maybe something happened in court. It's plausible.

But who is going to believe, after the past ..oh,16 months?

cadaveca said:
Maybe something happened in court. It's plausible.

But who is going to believe, after the past ..oh,16 months?
You might be right. VALVe and VU may have worked something out and VU decided to announce gold some time soon and they told VALVe about it. ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY! :rolling: Ok lets all sit by the campfire and hope HL2 has gold announcement Tues. :cheers:

i dont really think its a gold annoucemnt , maybe more maps like assault....OMG I WANT IT NOWwwww !! ( if it was really cliffe )

sorry if this has been asked but which server did he come in ?

It could be a million things...only time will tell.

PvtRyan said:
They're gonna add the chicken to Italy tuesday!

are you telling me there are no chickens in cs_italy ???
WTF... thats what i love about that map, the chicken is the only enemy that i can beat... :(

damnit, I won't know what it is until saturday... I'm going away with school for a week.... *sight*

half alive said:
damnit, I won't know what it is until saturday... I'm going away with school for a week.... *sight*
*sigh* I am with you...I have school too. But I can still check back every day. Just, I hate school. :frown:

It could be fake. I bet it's more maps not gold. Why else would he say you will enjoy it more Tuesday...what does CS:S have to do with going gold?

Ownzed said:
It could be fake. I bet it's more maps not gold. Why else would he say you will enjoy it more Tuesday...what does CS:S have to do with going gold?
Correction He said you will be enjoying alot more Tuesday. He may mean us :cheers: (partying) if it is for a gold announcement. By the way. I have sent an email to Cliffe to see if he can confirm this was true or not. :afro:

Its 0.00000001% chance that it was cliffe. I don't get it, are there moderators in CS:S? And how could he possibly know Cliffes ip adress?

Back