HL2 in german print-mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueIce

Reaction score
hi folks!

I just recieved the new issue of the german mag "PC Games"
they have some news, that afaik haven't been posted yet:
- The beginning is not the scene we saw in the bink with alyx and kleiner (was the name of the scientist, right?), there's a level before this, where gorden wakes up next to a railway-station like in HL1. he makes his way through city 17 with combine around who don't attack him, but watch ihim susspiciously.

- gordon's biggest enemy isn't the G-man, it's another scientist who's called "Dr. Breen". Gabe pointed out in a interview, that he isn't one of the typical bad bad bosses, more like someone who has his own ideas in dealing with a alien invasion

- there are a few new screeshots, on one you can see a cemetery which gordon has to cross with an allied priest called Gergory, according to the text.
the other interessting screenshot is one, where you can see a new vehicle I think. Looks a bit like a Commanche Gunship, it's definitly not the Combine aircraft from one of the buggy video. Looks more like a Human Chopper

-Status of HL2: According to Gabe, currently they let people play-test the game, to balance the chapters better. They have noticed, that most of the tester spent a lot of time in playing with the physics, so they may increase the number of these little parts. He also said that they are planning to release it in Late summer this year and he apologized for septemer 30. he also said, that the stolen code wasn't the reason for the delay, they had a bad schedueling (thanks BrianDamage ;) )

I am very sorry for every typo, english is not my first language. pls just ask, if you don't understand something, will try to solve the problem :thumbs:

Edit: nearly forgot something:
in the text about the start of the game is also stated, that you are attacked by a combine with some kind of electric shock-stick (after you saw him taken 2 civilians as prisonder), which is also printed on one page in a combine's hand (looks pretty much like an artwork, but if it's stated in the text... maybe some new melee?)

PiEdit - added spoiler tags

All they need now is a Russian gunfighter.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks very much for the new information, BlueIce. It's all news to me! :)

i would scan the screenshots, but the links won't be here for long, because of the board rules :(

Onya BlueIce.

Looks like it just wasn't finished... Bad schedueling(SP?)?

Things are starting to make more sense.

Am I right in assuming Breen = Administrator?

not bad... not bad at all. But Late summer?!?!? :( this means august maybe even september...

Well its nice to get some new news, im skeptical about it, but dont bother with me.
Anyone else get this magazine?

Now I'm starting to remember how I knew this info already.

I read about <snip> from the link provided by <snip> which gave me an overview of the <snip> from the leaked <snip>

Make up your own mind :D

Is this the first piece of official news since last september?

slicktick said:
Well its nice to get some new news, im skeptical about it, but dont bother with me.
Anyone else get this magazine?

i'll pn you later for proof ;)

Brian Damage said:
So what you posted was a spoiler, then, Rossell?
I was referring to the original post as it contained some story elements and other "surprises" that some might consider spoilers.

BlueIce said:
i would scan the screenshots, but the links won't be here for long, because of the board rules :(

PM the links to me if you don't mind, I'll slap them up on NTL.

ooh Sounds cool! Thanks for the info BlueIce, may I see the scans you speak of? Perhaps in PM?

:)

I have been wanting new info for so long and some how restrained myself from reading past the railroad tracks part. Even if its in a mag it still spoils enough for me. Oh well... just going to close my eyes before something bad happens. Though I am still up for screenies

that the stolen code wasn't the reason for the delay, they had a bad schedueling

OMG. Bad Scheduling ? More like Horrible/Retarded scheduling. That Gabe Newell guy is funny :|

Nice new info we have here, thx :E

Mountain Man said:
I was referring to the original post as it contained some story elements and other "surprises" that some might consider spoilers.

And I wasn't referring in any way to your post. I was referring to Rossel's first one.

wow gr8 cant wait to read the PC ZONE mag now when it is released!

thanks for the info

if that Intro is right that sounds so cool.

next to a train station lol sounds funny like train intro to hl1

Am I the only one that feels sorta bad right now? I didn't want to know BUT MY EYES KEPT READING!!! :eek:

And errr... wasn't there an NDA until the 29th?

Could you PM me the link too? And iirc you can show scans of screenshots, but not of magazine pages.

Brian Damage said:
So what you posted was a spoiler, then, Rossell?

Oh. No it isn't a spoiler. I just had a wild guess.

EDIT: I learnt about Breens existence through the <snippety snip> - nothing much else.

Mountain Man said:

i'm really sorry, thought if it was official it's okay without spoiler warning.

i'll add that as soon as i can edit the post again (can't do it now, don't know why i can't see the edit button :eek: )

its been too long BlueIce, after so long the edit button goes away.

If it's indeed true that came clean about the sept 30th date then that is a very good thing indeed.

"Late summer" he says? Well, if the game is indeed in the state he describes then that may very well be possible. I'll be able to wait that long.

slicktick said:
its been too long BlueIce, after so long the edit button goes away.

then I hope a moderator can do this for me, because i don't want to ruin the game to some persons :)

Edit: done, thanks a lot PiMuRho :thumbs:
edit2: you forgot the last part, maybe a typo :)
edit3: ok, you're faster than me :D

I don't think its a big deal if its in print mags.

Really really great info BlueIce.

Now I need to go to the future to steal a time machine to come back to now so I can travel to late summer......

And all of your heads wile esplode...

ill wait for PC zone on thursday before i belive any "news".

pinch of salt people, pinch of salt.

Dougy said:
ill wait for PC zone on thursday before i belive any "news".

pinch of salt people, pinch of salt.

It's published in a print magazine, people, it's published in a print magazine. ;-)

Added spoiler tags to the initial post

I can always tell when thers good news on Halflife2.net

The general discussion thread goes from 40 views.. to 83

Alot of this stuff could have been concluded from the... *cough*beta*cough* though...... (possibly)

But the 29th will reveal all!

Bad scheduling? HAAHAH what?

Which magazine btw was this in?

Joeyslucky22 said:
I can always tell when thers good news on Halflife2.net

The general discussion thread goes from 40 views.. to 83

Alot of this stuff could have been concluded from the... *cough*beta*cough* though...... (possibly)

But the 29th will reveal all!

Bad scheduling? HAAHAH what?

Which magazine btw was this in?

as stated in the beginning, it's in the german mag "PC Games"

Did Valve ever mention the year when they said September 30th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back