HL2 in window

L

LiquidLithium

How does the guy who made the video tuts, run his halflife in a window. Like when he does the door tut?

Is this possible to set up so that when i run hl2 to play that it will be full screen but when i run it out of hammer, it will be windowed?

add -windowed -width 1024 -height 768 in hammer or
"X:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 320 -console -windowed -width 1024 -height 768
if you used steam to create a desktop shortcut. Also width and height can be set to whatever, of course.

thanks man you rock!

Instead of making another post im going to jsut add a question here and see if someone will answer. I compile my map then i alt tab to the game (windowed) and i re-launch my map, but when i get in and hit "ok" i get a memory error and the game crashes. Did i do something wrong in the creation of the map? It drops me back to desktop but then i can re-compile and launch after comilation and it'll run fine.

Might just be your computer freaking out as it seems to work when you restart the game and load the map (It should crash then too if it's a fatal map error).

Run HL2DM go to your Video Options and select windowed on the right side also set your resolution size to whatever you want it but make it smaller than your monitors res. size

LiquidLithium said:
thanks man you rock!

Instead of making another post im going to jsut add a question here and see if someone will answer. I compile my map then i alt tab to the game (windowed) and i re-launch my map, but when i get in and hit "ok" i get a memory error and the game crashes. Did i do something wrong in the creation of the map? It drops me back to desktop but then i can re-compile and launch after comilation and it'll run fine.
I get that too, just randomly does it after enough alt-tabs, oh well, it's annoying so if you find an answer pass it bye.

Back