HL2:Insurrection Updates

nnniiiccee! I hope that's real HDR and not some photoshop doctoring...

That's pure HDR.

What are the minimum specs for HDR again?

Sorry guys, these are the first few news posts from me.. Enjoy!

Looks really great, guys :)

....this will surely give "Aftermath" a run for its money. ;)

Finally some decent single player mod, please have a lot of big outdoor fighting areas, I hate the sterotypical tight hallway firefights.

so far so good, and include some new models and textures please, it would make it stand out more from looking exactly like city 17

looks very nice, cant wait to play some more single player.

Finally, finally some mod news with screens that are actually worthy of being displayed on the front page! Those maps are of professional quality, which is to be expected given the creators. Certainly looking forward to this :)

when will this mod be released??? I cant wait it looks kick ass

As you guys can tell by the overall progress of the MOD, I can almost bet there isn't going to be a release date for Insurrection for quite some time, as they haven't mentioned anything of the sort yet. However, I WILL see if I can score an interview with the guys just for you ;)

While I agree that they probably won't be releasing it soon...it is just a singleplayer add-on, so it's not like they're having to re-model everything, and recode stuff,m and all that...it's really just level building and then some scripting.

The idea is not to go crazy with coding and texturing and modelling, so that we can actually release it this century. Mainly focusing on some fun gameplay and decent maps. Will be using some custom speech though, to help move the story along.

Looks great, but how doesn't your storyline clash with that of Aftermath? Both are a direct continuation of HL2.

PvtRyan said:
Looks great, but how doesn't your storyline clash with that of Aftermath? Both are a direct continuation of HL2.

HL3 would've screwed them over anyway.
Looks great, although the bloom effect seems too intense on the screenshots of the city. Also, the buildings in the background of the fourth screenshot... Is that a skybox with a picture of real buildings or something of the kind? If it's not, that looks damn good.

PvtRyan said:

We're just doing our own thing and not letting Aftermath get in the way of what we want to make.

Sharrd said:
HL3 would've screwed them over anyway.
Looks great, although the bloom effect seems too intense on the screenshots of the city. Also, the buildings in the background of the fourth screenshot... Is that a skybox with a picture of real buildings or something of the kind? If it's not, that looks damn good.

Yah I admit I went a little overboard with the bloom - and the buildings are models in the background.

Back