HL2 internet activation and early shipping?

If Steve's statement is if fact true, it WILL be released earlier than the 16th. I can't think of ANY game that HASN'T been released earlier.

Well, this is interesting because it's said (don't quote me on this, I have friends at Virgin but they're probably compulsive liars or something) that UK stores should definitely have their shipment of the game in by the 9th.

I imagine they came up with that after hearing the US's 5th; it makes sense that shipment dates will differ, just as long as everywhere has retail copies for customers come the 16th.

What's also interesting, in a scenario similar to the early LotR DVD release over here, is just how much the retaillers distrust each other. Each will be getting prepared for a snapshot release, not wanting to hear that their EVVILLL competitors have made the game available early in an attempt to steal their honest sales. Moment one store allows the public access, we'll know about it...

jakoblindberg said:
From the official FAQ at the Steam website:

"When will I be able to play my games?
º Counter-Strike: Source is available now!
º Half-Life 2 will be unlocked, the moment it is "released" - which means the minute it is available on store shelves.
º Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 1: Source release dates are to be announced."

Ok, in the 3rd bullet point, wouldn't HL:Source be released, when Half Life 2 is released, as it comes on the cd/dvd ?

Will the Collector's edition be released the 16th as well (since that is the one with HL:S)?

/ Kobbe

The Collectors Edition's release date is still tentative. It has not been confirmed for the 16th. However, I can't imagine that the release of HL:S would delay it, since it's a very direct port. Not much job needed.

Back