HL2 is costing me $$$$

spicoli420

Reaction score
Man, I havn't even played this game and I've already spent 300 bucks:) After seeing the hl2 source video for some reason I thought I needed an ati 9800pro. I'm sure I won't regret it but I find it funny that a game I have yet to play is already costing me some duckets.

Hey everyone!! I've been on this forum for the past couple of months reading and decided to finally post something.

I was wondering how many of you are washington residents. I live in Spokane, Wa only 3-4 hours(depending on how fast I drive) from bellevue.

later!

You made an off-topic post....on topic! You are so smart. :D Now, your question....wait there is no question. Oh well.

you dont even want to know ... and I dont even have a decent video card yet

Originally posted by Sirdenchalot
You made an off-topic post....on topic! You are so smart. :D Now, your question....wait there is no question. Oh well.

HUH?

duckets?

And yeah, its cost me $657.85. Not to mention the game itself....

HAHAHAHAH my god you got RIPPED on your computer then..

check my specs below.. i built all that, with my old monitor/cd roms everything, for 750 u.s.

ripped, don't think so..
It's a 3.ghz p4 water cooled ( swiftek ) @ 3.7ghz
1gb of dual ddr 400mhz XMS
120gb 10 000rpm.
ati 9800 water cooled ...
2474 canadian = ~1800 us ...

oh yeah and a 19'' LCD monitor

I'm spending ~$1000 on a massive upgrade as soon as I get proof HL2 is coming out 9/30. mobo/cpu/ram/video/hdd/psu

with my luck I'll say screw it, order the parts, and find out the next day HL2 is delayed till Nov. haha

Originally posted by Quotidian---

check my specs below.. i built all that, with my old monitor/cd roms everything, for 750 u.s.

Nice, almost the same setup as me.

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Half-Life 2 is costing me $500.
500 Cambodian dollars
Right here:$80

you lie.
The cambodian currency is the Riel and 500 of them is about 20 cents....

:)

$480 ish. My relationship with HL2 will be a love hate relationship until I stop spending money and after I pass my inevitable addiction to it.

It has costed me zilcho... I'll only have to find out how much that collectors edition is going to cost..

Senate11

Heh, that's one gross avatar. Grossly oversized breasts are :eek: :burp: :x

EHEHEHE

P.S. I bought over 1000 dollars worth of computer stuff in anticipation of Half-life 2 and Rome: Total War alone. Any other games that come along, are just a bonus.

Originally posted by Quotidian---

He said Canadian dollars... which is who knows what in real dollars! :p

well some people enjoy it... i personally am not a huge fan of big tits but that motion is hypnotizing :cool:

Originally posted by Senate11
well some people enjoy it... i personally am not a huge fan of big tits but that motion is hypnotizing :cool:

yeah, kinda like the ocean waves when on a boat...

And then you puke. :bounce:

how ****ing stupid. HL2 didnt cost you shit except the price of the game. It was your decision to upgrade your computers. If hl2 doesnt come out.. what then? in a year your going to upgrade to the Ati 98393759XLTVA with 1TB of DDRPC8900 ram? wait, t hen HL2 costed you TWICE as much.

Originally posted by Zunger
how ****ing stupid. HL2 didnt cost you shit except the price of the game. It was your decision to upgrade your computers. If hl2 doesnt come out.. what then? in a year your going to upgrade to the Ati 98393759XLTVA with 1TB of DDRPC8900 ram? wait, t hen HL2 costed you TWICE as much.

Do you Hurt?

I'm going to end up spending about $805 on hardware upgrades (9800 pro 256, 2.8 gig P4, new mobo) i talked to a friend and he spent about 800 in upgrades but he thinks he can get away with a gforce4

Originally posted by Zunger

Forgot to take your pills?

I'm going to end up spending about $805 on hardware upgrades (9800 pro 256, 2.8 gig P4, new mobo) i talked to a friend and he spent about 800 in upgrades but he thinks he can get away with a gforce4

NOOOOoooo Don't buy the 256MB version! No game will show you any benefit unless you play in 1600x1200 (and vene then, its a less then 5% diff). Yes, 256MB will be usefull in the future, but now, the 256MB version costs around 80-130$ (depending on location) more then the 128MB version! Save yerself that 100$ and buy yerself a new card in 2 years!

Perosnnaly, I'm waiting for the Radeon 9900 (or wathever they call it) to be released, as well as the Athlon 64s (Athlon FX). Those 2 items should make the price drop. As well as the Interl Extreme Edition CPU. I think I'll buy a 2.4c 800FSB with 512MB of ram (or 1 gig), and a Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB. I'll overclock the 2.4c to 3.0 speeds. I'll also grab an Abit board I think. I hope with the release of the new hardware (athlon FX, Intel XX, Radeon 9800) these prices will drop.

Anyway, since I need to build myself a whole enw computer, I think I'll invest in a Xaser III tower with a 19" Nec CRT, a good 2.1 speaker system, and Audigy 2, an optical mouse, a 80gig 8mo HDD, ...

Shit, that's gonna cost me.

Only spent 1500kr(about 145usd) on a r9600pro, it's enough.. I hope.

HL2 cost me $3600

Alienware built for HL2 and beyond! Huzzah!

havnt spent, and wont spend any money until i buy the game,. then i will be able to see if i need to upgrade from my g4 ti 4600

Heh, 3600 dollars? Damn, with that extra 2500 dollars extra I saved with not buying that, I could have a brand new comp easily when new great stuff comes out :-P

What are the stats on that?

Alienware and prebuilt comps are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Overrated :cheese:

I'd never waste my money on prebuilt, I like building and tweaking my own :)

HL2 has cost me:
$998 for new comp
$106 for cable to run to my room and a big ass computer desk (cheap desk but fruggin HUGE!)
$24 for optical blue mouse (microsoft)
$80 for 5.1 speakers (very nice)
mmmmmm what else....! oh and $5 for a mouse pad
TOTAL = $1213 (I think...did it in my head)
W/ HL2 TOTAL= $1263 (estimated)
coulda paid a crap load on bills but it was worth it

Back