hl2 is out on the 17th in australia (perth) anyway

Z

-ZerØ

yeah, i just went to EB and i asked this guy if its comming out on the 16th, he said yeah it is, and i said oh i heard that its comming out on the 17th here, so he asked this other guy, and he said its comming out of the 17th. like city 17 hahahahah, NOT!
this p*sses me off, australia is always like this in techonology, were always slow...by the time i play hl2, yous guys will prolly have finished it,..

You get it the same time as everyone else, which happens to be around about 5pm (I think) on the 17th in Australia.

Edit- dammit, I suck at time zones. :(

that's 41 hours "after" 12:00AM the 16th november.

And Australia isnt in GMT+33 :D

It can be sold after 7PM the 16th november.

oh really?..yay :D
and Adrien C you refering to my name?
nah im pretty sure perth is GMT+800

Eon Blue said:
Perth is a cool name for a city.

Where's that at?

I've always though so too. Australia has lots of cool city names (Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Woolongong (sp?))

New Zealand has the worst city names. I live in Tauranga :(

OMG. 5pm? OMG

I start work at 5:30pm. WTF. That sucks.

Night off for me i think...

apparently we still get it on the 16ht here, i'll have to ask them agian.

Destrukt is a badass name, dude. I go by .dstrkt in CS servers all the time.

i havent heard it coming out on the 17th. Doesnt it come out at midnight progressively around the world? Correct me if im wrong though. I really dont want it to come out on the 17th. I have exams the week after it comes out.

wooloomooloo is another funny name for a city. (forgot to add in previous post.)

iamaelephant said:
I've always though so too. Australia has lots of cool city names (Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Woolongong (sp?))

New Zealand has the worst city names. I live in Tauranga :(

My favourite place name is Blackbutt. It is in Queensland, just north of Brisbane near Kingaroy :)

EDIT: And no, I'm not from Blackbutt.

useless loop is the best name I have heard of. Its in outback Western Australia.

Spugmaster said:
My favourite place name is Blackbutt. It is in Queensland, just north of Brisbane near Kingaroy :)

EDIT: And no, I'm not from Blackbutt.
Whose butt are you from then? :rolleyes:

Eon Blue said:
Thanks for that.
Haha, Adelaide is a very nice name.
Heh, good thing you don't live there though - their time zone is something like minus 38 years.

its still the 16th for the regualr pack but for the limited edition its the 17th

I used to live in Paraburdoo.

That was up in the Pilbara region, not too far from Karratha and the Bungle-Bungles, which were just over in the Kimberley. And then there was good ol' Mount Nameless, which, if I recall correctly, was near the township of Tom Price. And then there were other local iron ore mines, like Channah. And don't forget Wickham and the asbestos ghost town Wittenoom, or the coast towns of Exmouth (was there recently, saw a baby seal) or Dampier.

And my favourite holiday would be a trip to Coober Pedy, which apparently means "White Man In A Hole", as a reference to all the opal miners there...

Oh, yeah, and the guys at my local EB say the pack I bought (CE) is out on the 16th here...

New Zealand is home to the world's longest place name, the beautiful city of Taumatawhakatangihangakoauotamateturipukakapikimaungahoro-Nukupokaiwhenua kitanatahu, which is Maori for place where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, who slid, climbed and swallowed mountains, known as land-eater, played his flute to his loved one.

iamaelephant said:
New Zealand is home to the world's longest place name, the beautiful city of Taumatawhakatangihangakoauotamateturipukakapikimaungahoro-Nukupokaiwhenua kitanatahu, which is Maori for place where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, who slid, climbed and swallowed mountains, known as land-eater, played his flute to his loved one.

Are you being serious or not I cant tell. But if you are, then well done for remembering such a long name!

Brian - you used to live in Paraburdoo? I used to live in Wittenoom when I was a very young kid until it got shut down because of asbestos worries. Its kinda creepy going back there and just seeing a ghost town with buildings decaying (slowly) and no-one there. Beautiful gorges though.

Hang on - if we are +10 hrs GMT in Syd (or +8 ? in WA) - doesn't that mean we should get it at "H-time" +10 - so midnight... [oh damn even as I type I realise my mistake! its US time not GMT?? And there's a dateline in between us!]

Now I'm totally confused... I did have 7pm the 16th on my calender...

Just to add.... can't someone from valve just put us all out of misery and release an official statement? sheesh! Thats how we do business where I work!

Brian Damage said:
I used to live in Paraburdoo.

That was up in the Pilbara region, not too far from Karratha and the Bungle-Bungles, which were just over in the Kimberley. And then there was good ol' Mount Nameless, which, if I recall correctly, was near the township of Tom Price. And then there were other local iron ore mines, like Channah. And don't forget Wickham and the asbestos ghost town Wittenoom, or the coast towns of Exmouth (was there recently, saw a baby seal) or Dampier.

And my favourite holiday would be a trip to Coober Pedy, which apparently means "White Man In A Hole", as a reference to all the opal miners there...

Oh, yeah, and the guys at my local EB say the pack I bought (CE) is out on the 16th here...

i belive it was called Mt. Newman, i know because i lived in Newman for 12 years, iv ebeen living in Perth for 6 years now

-ZerØ said:
yeah, i just went to EB and i asked this guy if its comming out on the 16th, he said yeah it is, and i said oh i heard that its comming out on the 17th here, so he asked this other guy, and he said its comming out of the 17th. like city 17 hahahahah, NOT!
this p*sses me off, australia is always like this in techonology, were always slow...by the time i play hl2, yous guys will prolly have finished it,..
It's just one day. Besides, you get other tech before people, be glad its coming out atall :p

redundant said:
Heh, good thing you don't live there though - their time zone is something like minus 38 years.

Hahahahaha **** that cracked me up. Hahahahaha godamn that was a good one! :LOL:

wat p*ssin me of is that EB are full of fifi men, first they say this date, then another and so on, EB kept lying to me to about mgs2. but i am glad it is commin out tho

Orbitsnatcher said:
Just to add.... can't someone from valve just put us all out of misery and release an official statement? sheesh! Thats how we do business where I work!
That's not Valve's business, it's vivendi's.

But i can sum it up for you:

0:00 (12:00AM) PST
08:00 (8:00AM) GMT
09:00 (9:00AM) GMT+1
16:00 (4:00PM) GMT+8(Not in summertime)
19:00 (7:00PM) GMT+10(It's summertime, so you have to add another hour)

InsaneCow said:
Brian - you used to live in Paraburdoo? I used to live in Wittenoom when I was a very young kid until it got shut down because of asbestos worries. Its kinda creepy going back there and just seeing a ghost town with buildings decaying (slowly) and no-one there. Beautiful gorges though.

Yeah, Paraburdoo was like that for a bit I hear... things got real slow and quiet. There was even talk before we left of the hospital being shut down. I think it's picked up again recently, though.

-ZerØ said:
i belive it was called Mt. Newman, i know because i lived in Newman for 12 years, iv ebeen living in Perth for 6 years now

Nope. Mount Newman is near Newman, right enough, but Mount Nameless is the one I was talking about. It's near Tom Price... hence TP's "Nameless Festival" (A kind of town fete).

[EDIT]: Here you go:

http://www.breakloose.com.au/html/adventure_articles/regional/wa/northwest/tom_price.php

http://www.lgfocus.com.au/editions/2002/october/tomprice.shtml

yeah, i remember goign to the gorges, i think it was called "catherine"?

-ZerØ said:
wat p*ssin me of is that EB are full of fifi men, first they say this date, then another and so on, EB kept lying to me to about mgs2. but i am glad it is commin out tho

How are they lying?
I phoned them and they told me it will be release in the morning on the 17th at the earliest but it definitely will be there in the afternoon around 2pm.

-ZerØ said:
becasue 2 weeks ago they said 16th

It is the 16th if you go to a place where a store is opened at 7pm. You should be able to buy it then.

EB AFAIK are not opened on the 16 at 7pm.

-ZerØ said:
yeah, i remember goign to the gorges, i think it was called "catherine"?

Yeah, the Catherine and Hammersley gorges, and the Hammersley ranges...

Who the hell were Catherine and Hammersley, now that I come to think of it?

-ZerØ said:
becasue 2 weeks ago they said 16th
They are estimates. If you can't understand that you could be just as mad at valve for delaying the release tons of times.

Which they didn't since they were obviously estimates. Get over it.

Back