HL2 MP Details - A few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Reaction score
First post, so sorry if this in wrong place/already posted, delete/move if needed.

Thought I'd let you know, that we will finally be getting some info on MP, coming in a few days when next months ‘new look’ PC Gamer hits UK shelves. Subscribers will have it sooner, so expect the info shortly.

Attached in the proof.

Attachments

• pcg.jpg
    pcg.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,440
excellent, but when the article is out remember to assure people that using "link to web site with scanned article" is the same as being a thief, and you should at all costs avoid using the link other than to notify people about it. :p

Kickass! My bet is that this will just be slightly expanded coverage of the ports. If there is unique HL2 MP option, my guess is that they will still keep it under wraps.

Let's hope it's not an article on CS: Source, wouldn't surprise me if it was... but hey, I'm still glad I subscribe to PCG UK.

Hopefully questions are answered instead of making new questions arise like at E3. What does it say directly underneath the HL2 MULTIPLAYER heading?

Mikey Canuck said:
Hopefully questions are answered instead of making new questions arise like at E3. What does it say directly underneath the HL2 MULTIPLAYER heading?

I gotta be optimistic here, so i will say that if more questions arise, that only means that there will probably be more content than previously expected...right? Get what i'm saying? I mean...i do, but that probably doesn't help.

Anyway, yeah i hope there is new stuff in there, instead of another rehash of the old stuff in a new article...

Abom said:
Let's hope it's not an article on CS: Source, wouldn't surprise me if it was... but hey, I'm still glad I subscribe to PCG UK.

That's all it's going to be.

But you have to remind, if you don't have the internet you would have NO idea about what happened at E3. So there's no reason to think that that are just telling old news.

(EDIT: I'm replying to Abom but I'm talking to everyone. I bet some people complain about PC Gamer, like they did on the other Half-Life 2 article.)

Feath said:
That's all it's going to be.

But you have to remind, if you don't have the internet you would have NO idea about what happened at E3. So there's no reason to think that that are just telling old news.
What if you went to E3 but don't have internet?

FISKER_Q said:
What if you went to E3 but don't have internet?

Or your mates told you about it.

Obviously you know what I mean.

Grr.

cool

pc gamers are out on fridays for all. so we will get it 11th if it is a few days :D.

that is sweet!

also wat does it say at the bottom of that mag

EXTRA-LIFE.... *what does it say under there...something more about hl2?*

Under the "Half-life 2 multiplayer" in that small print I think I can make out the words "Counter Strike". 2nd row, 2nd and 3rd word. Could be something else though because it's a bit messy ..

Is this a scanned cover, or a picture of an image of the cover?

The only words I can make out for absolute certain are
"................... If you
...............you'd......"

the words before it MIGHT be Counter Strike. This could just be an E3 rehash.

Wsh said:
Under the "Half-life 2 multiplayer" in that small print I think I can make out the words "Counter Strike". 2nd row, 2nd and 3rd word. Could be something else though because it's a bit messy ..
Yeah, what does that say?

The new look doesn't excite me much. :/

Valve reveal xxxxxx xxxxxx. If you like Counter Strike You'll love this?

Wsh said:

I think it says "If you liked Counter Strike you'll love this." If you is on the end of the first line.

I'm fairly certian that's what it says. Don't know about the first 4-5 words...

Also to the left of it looks what could be the green ct model with an usp.

COOL. I hop its new info not the one with CS:SOURCE things...........

I'm almost positive it's just gonna be about CS:Source hehe. If they are willing to share the info with a magazine, they would share the info with us when we email them.

Apos said:
Is this a scanned cover, or a picture of an image of the cover?

The only words I can make out for absolute certain are
"................... If you
...............you'd......"

the words before it MIGHT be Counter Strike. This could just be an E3 rehash.

It wouldn't be a rehash, it would be a hash. Because it's new news to Non net people, who only read magazines. It takes a while before E3 gets reported so this issue will be full of E3 stuff.

I'm happy that there's new info, but I'm a SP junkie. I never really play much multi at all.

Still, any news is good news.

Hey at least it's some new information, I mean it is better than nothing at all, even if it is CS:S info..

I didn't take the photo (And yes it's a photo not a scan), so I don't know what it says.

It is of course possible this is a 're-hash', in fact there will defiantly be some old news in the mag, that hasn't been previously printed. But printing 'HALF-LIFE 2 MULTIPLAYER', in big letters implies to me there’s more than just sketchy E3 details.

Then again, it does look like "Counter-Strike", so we'll just have to wait and see (and hope).

But printing 'HALF-LIFE 2 MULTIPLAYER', in big letters implies to me there’s more than just sketchy E3 details.

Heh: you don't know much about gaming magazines, do you? :)

We here at hl2.net almost ALWAYS know way more about the game than the magazine people. In fact, they often get their facts from here! The only things they generally have special access to are hands-on previews with Valve, which includes seeing the game in action and getting screenshots.

wish we could get the hands on previews with valve instead of the details :D

This month's PC Zone had a small article about CS-Source. That's all we're gonna see in PC Gamer.

you don't know much about gaming magazines, do you?

No need for that, I've been subscribed to various gaming magazines for many years.

Yes, magazines exaggerate and hype news, but, on the whole, there also pretty trustworthy even if it is hyped. If it is about CS:S, and not HL2:MP then I think they'd be clever enough not to actually lie on the front cover. And as we can't really read what is on the cover, we don't really know what has been said.

Anyway, I didn't come here to argue about this, I was just letting you know.

It won't be any BIG NEWS or anything to new because after E3 and the suprise on HL2, of course it's going into the PC GAMER edition, cause they have to talk about everything. So no big suprises, and no TF2.... :(

Be happy people! You want info, you get info, you complain! :)
Anyways, can't wait for my issue to arrive at home ... then get redirected across half of england. D'oh. I'm gonna hear everything here first, aren't I :(

Kirkburn said:
You want info, you get info, you complain! :)
No. We complain when they "re-post" old info ;p (old for us ;))

What is that object/creature to the left of "HALF-LIFE 2 MULTIPLAYER?" It looks like an alien to me.

Also, the "EXTRA-LIFE" probably describes the old content brought into the Source engine.

Yes, magazines exaggerate and hype news, but, on the whole, there also pretty trustworthy even if it is hyped. If it is about CS:S, and not HL2:MP then I think they'd be clever enough not to actually lie on the front cover.

To them, it wouldn't be a lie. They are probably going to say that CS:S is, or is part of, HL2:MP.

Yeah, I wish we could see that character. If it's just a terrorist.... :)

Also, wouldn't the release of this mag coincide with the Planetfortress.com interview they said they'd have soon?

Xcellere said:
Also, wouldn't the release of this mag coincide with the Planetfortress.com interview they said they'd have soon?
I doubt they are related in any way, but it's always nice when more media is focused on it at the same time ;o

Well i guess the multiplayer is the big deal, but really isn't that big. Nothing new I'm sure, but i would like to know what it's exactly showing to the left of HL2. Also about "if you liked CS, you'll love this" or whatever, that could mean CS SOURCE or TF2. Surely isn't TF2 though, huh.

Would it be okay if I found this new text when it's out & type it right off & put it here? Just text that is & no scans? Dunno if the translation rule applies to this since I won't translate anything. The same text may appear in the Swedish version of PCG as well you see :) But then it would be translated into Swedish I guess...

Alec_85 said:
Would it be okay if I found this new text when it's out & type it right off & put it here? Just text that is & no scans? Dunno if the translation rule applies to this since I won't translate anything. The same text may appear in the Swedish version of PCG as well you see :) But then it would be translated into Swedish I guess...

Hmmm you can always translate it to swedish, and then translate it back and post it here right? :naughty:

You cannot type it out verbatim, but you can summarize it in your own words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back