HL2 MP Details - A few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey it's got Garrett from Theif Deadly Shadows on the cover. :D :p :thumbs:

Xcellere said:
What is that object/creature to the left of "HALF-LIFE 2 MULTIPLAYER?" It looks like an alien to me.

Also, the "EXTRA-LIFE" probably describes the old content brought into the Source engine.

That would be a character from Thief: Deadly shadows :/

Im happy, its so definately the HL2 MP, it wouldnt make sense not to be,, ooo so cool. even though people say they dont think the physics will be as dynamic as the SP, i wouldnt bet on that.. as tantelising as it was I couldnt help networking the leak, lol,, just before I got rid of it.. and its just as dynamic as SP, manipulators and all.. its SOOO Exiting , :) yeh

yes, but its laggy as hell :p (I mean uhh... it would be ;))

Anyways, my guess for MP physics would be that to you it would appear just as dynamic as SP, but they will probably use keyframes (if you will) to show where a barrel might be from second to second, and just smooth it out so it looks good. Its just as good, but less taxing on your connection.

The thing to the left of the "HALF LIFE 2 MULTIPLAYER" is obvioviously Gordon getting chocked by the things on the celling. It was on the cover of one of the mags that previewd hl2.

And what it looks like its saying is "Valve reveals **** ***** (half life 2 mutliplayer??), if you liked counter strike you'd love this.

Paintballer said:

Anyways, my guess for MP physics would be that to you it would appear just as dynamic as SP, but they will probably use keyframes (if you will) to show where a barrel might be from second to second, and just smooth it out so it looks good. Its just as good, but less taxing on your connection.

yeh but its totally not optimised, atall either. ;), you know its gonna rock on Lan atleast :)

counterstrike doesnt have the manip :upstare: , so we all know which MP we want.

Cutey_Kaite said:
The thing to the left of the "HALF LIFE 2 MULTIPLAYER" is obvioviously Gordon getting chocked by the things on the celling. It was on the cover of one of the mags that previewd hl2.

Ah...yes, I see it now. Looked like a crazy dwarf to me. :rolling:

Since last September I've learned not to get my hopes up too much. I'm definitely hoping that this is some *new* news but if it isn't I won't be surprised..

Liam said:
It's real, don't worry. If was in a thread about the new look PCG on thier forums.

been looking, exact link please.

screw CS:S

Really strange how the lady that i talked to at "PC GAMER" says the new August issue comes mid-july. Considering i have seen this new cover with all of that stuff i believe people can get this magazine a lot quicker than id imagine. I'm curious as to what it's in it, most likely not TF2....just gay CS:S i'm sure. damn.....

Paintballer said:

No the server would just report to each client that player X hit object x (in this case a barrel) at x velocity, with x joules of force, and at x angle. From this data the games engine can interpret what to do and produce the exact same outcome and effect on every client!

That would make it a lot easier than sending the coordinates, spin rotation, angle, and speed of it to every client every second or so don't you think?

I hope their netcode works just aswell as the previous games. Half-life is one of the few games I know of that has basically lagless online gameply!

Sometimes I can be teh uBer SmArt :rolling:

Why the hell would it be CS:S if that picture is an alien choking Gordon? I mean hell, we all know that TF2 is aliens vs. humans.

If it were CS:S, wouldn't it be a picture of a CT with an M4A1? It would make no sense for them to put an alien on the cover next to the word multiplayer and have it be anything else.

^^^It said so in the source code leak, and obviously I can't link but utilize your Google skills.

Xcellere said:
^^^It said so in the source code leak, and obviously I can't link but utilize your Google skills.

I'm not sure whether you are taking the piss or not

1. Aliens v humans my arse...use google yourself
2. That guy in the bottom left is a character from Thief...

Xcellere said:
Why the hell would it be CS:S if that picture is an alien choking Gordon? I mean hell, we all know that TF2 is aliens vs. humans.

If it were CS:S, wouldn't it be a picture of a CT with an M4A1? It would make no sense for them to put an alien on the cover next to the word multiplayer and have it be anything else.

Your a moron on so many levels.

I'm still hoping its Combine vs Resistance in C-17 with vehicles. that would rock my socks.

Grimresfa said:
Your a moron on so many levels.

At least I'm not the one who spelled "you're" incorrectly. Learn to use contractions you dumb shmuck.

Xcellere said:
At least I'm not the one who spelled "you're" incorrectly. Learn to use contractions you dumb shmuck.

Now now now boys, play nice.

Any idiot knows how to use proper punctuation I don't feel the need to be formal on a gaming forum, look at the picture in the first post before you reply to it you dumb shmuck.

(was that grammatically pretty enough for you?)

LOL. TF2 humans vs. aliens. Okay man, whatever you say.

Bicka said:
1. Aliens v humans my arse...use google yourself
2. That guy in the bottom left is a character from Thief...

Bicka, if your sure that guy in the bottom left is a guy from Thief then this is good. PC GAMER is either showing a lot of over-hype for the multiplayer as in it being CS:S. Most likely it is, because it mentions "blah blah...if you enjoy or whatever CS you will love this" well that basically shows oh a new CS but better, on the source engine. Or PC GAMER is perfectly hyped enough to show a final public appearance of TF2. Although highly doubtful, we will just have to wait and see. Considering valve has even said more information will be said about TF2 after the HL2 release. Plus I dont believe PC GAMER has brought anything new to any true demanding gaming fans of certain games. We all knew about HL2 coming with the crowbar page and etc from other sources before any magazines or "PC GAMER" that is. Another reason this is a big deal about the multiplayer is because some people dont keep up with certain things about HL2 and dont find out as much and as quick as we all do, only through magazines. So...PC GAMER will be the first magazine to talk about CS:S, TFC:S, DOD:S....etc. Unless someone can prove me wrong and show that there has been a magazine in the past few weeks after E3 letting us know about the HL2 multiplayer, if so this could easily be TF2 or the HL2 DM that we have all hoped for.

i sweer man. hl2 already has "average" gfx save the extraordinary dx9 effects and HDR (which might not be able ingame, wtf).., i hope the mp is something other than cs or tfc in SOURCE.

of course it is, if not TF2 :( then surely a HL2 DM like the original....no doubt man.

valve should definetly support and love mods, not rely on them totally.

I have to chime in with a previous poster and say that that is gordon getting choked by a barnicle.

And no l33t uber haxor with a semi knowlegable working of google is going to sway my opinion.

TF2 is in no way involved with aliens..... youd have to be pretty gullable to belive that.

Why are there always completley assanined posts mixed in with the good quality posts. There must be a race of dumbsh1ts on the planet.

captain, we must eradicate them...

I don't want to read through all this, has anyone come up with any clues? Cause if it's CS:S I will break something.

Feath said:
That's all it's going to be.

But you have to remind, if you don't have the internet you would have NO idea about what happened at E3. So there's no reason to think that that are just telling old news.

(EDIT: I'm replying to Abom but I'm talking to everyone. I bet some people complain about PC Gamer, like they did on the other Half-Life 2 article.)

Rofl, why would you read an article on MP when you don't even have internet? What kind of joy does that give you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back