HL2 MP Details - A few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he means the other pages, not the title. besides that link doesn't work.

Yo ucan read the rest of the page?

if you mean the smaller writing under Extra Life,, then yeh,

FEATURING - max payne: Hobo hunting > pac manhattan> Zombie Boogie > UT2004: red Orchestra > sims election rigged > Galaxies Depression > COD: revolt .. and more PC genius

edit: thanks for pointing that out kelfar although that links not working,,,, people seem to miss the HERE links.. lol ... why? there clearly the link shade of grey

see where it says HERE in a different shade of grey,, CLICK it :cheers: if you havnt spotted that.

if you cant open the link here it is

Attachments

• PCG137cover.jpg
    PCG137cover.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 312
clarky003 said:
if you mean the smaller writing under Extra Life,, then yeh,

FEATURING - max payne: Hobo hunting > pac manhattan> Zombie Boogie > UT2004: red Orchestra > sims election rigged > Galaxies Depression > COD: revolt .. and more PC genius

edit: thanks for pointing that out kelfar although that links not working,,,, people seem to miss the HERE links.. lol ... why? there clearly the link shade of grey

see where it says HERE in a different shade of grey,, CLICK it :cheers: if you havnt spotted that.

And a thanks back at you, clarky! :D

Here's my corrected link.

Well, according to that screenshot kelfar just posted, we are apparently going to have a lean feature in CS. They also have a picture of an OpFor character near the top, wonder whats goin on...I can't wait to play...

under god it says renovate your classic Half life mods. so its what we expected really, although it seems like a mini preview. will there be anything in the text about the HL2 MP, or is that a seperate article.. :O, lets wait and see :)

SSJ4Vegita2002 said:
Well, according to that screenshot kelfar just posted, we are apparently going to have a lean feature in CS. They also have a picture of an OpFor character near the top, wonder whats goin on...I can't wait to play...

to give credit where it is due, KurtCobain posted this a page or 2 ago. Cheers Kurt and thanks :cheers:

Does this "Extra-Life" have something to do with HL2 Multiplayer?

I figure that it will just be an article about cs:source and the ports of the older games to source. Basically what we already know.

And they probably have even taken the info from our forums again, heh :p

Evil^Milk said:
Does this "Extra-Life" have something to do with HL2 Multiplayer?
Look at the damn cover :p
(No)

SSJ4Vegita2002 said:
Read the whole page ... it says at the bottom it's a mock-up

yeh your right it is a mock up,, but the front cover isnt...? ?? right

Dagobert said:
That's a publishing term. Placeholder text for the typesetters.

Ha, of course! Now I feel foolish - I was actually pondering if they were talking about the straps on the weapons in CS. Boy, I need to spend some time away from this site. :E

Too bad they aren't sending out a co-op MP with Half-Life 2, they said they'd leave that to third-party developers. I hope Sven Co-op takes on that role.

Hello all,

The cover story is about CS: Source. We wangled a screenshot off of Valve.

Just regarding those previous images on Gamesradar - they were full of dummy text, with no real stories in them. We just swapped them over for some actual content from the mag.

I have to say, it's good to see fandom at it's most efficient. That awful webcam taken picture of the front cover spread across the web like a virus. You guys are information sponges. .

breadbomb said:
Too bad they aren't sending out a co-op MP with Half-Life 2, they said they'd leave that to third-party developers. I hope Sven Co-op takes on that role.
i think they already are..

Sent : 09 June 2004 17:32:46
To : "Matt Clark"
Subject : RE: Another HL2 fan with a question,

The Source engine contains support for multiplayer gaming, and Valve
plans to release several multiplayer games at the time HL2 is made
available. We've announced Counter-Strike: Source. We will be more
releasing information on the other games and how they will be made
available to gamers in the coming weeks.

Rick
Valve

thats what Rick said after I emailed him (lol it only took an hour or so for him to reply :D , what a guy! :cheers: ), so anyone doubting the fact that HL2 will come with its own multiplayer, not CS:S , can ponder on the fact that there are several multiplayer aspects being made using source, 3 or more, one of those is most likely halflife2's built in multiplayer.

obviously its just that they have only announced CS:S so far.

the funker said:
Hello all,

Just regarding those previous images on Gamesradar - they were full of dummy text, with no real stories in them. We just swapped them over for some actual content from the mag.

I have to say, it's good to see fandom at it's most efficient. That awful webcam taken picture of the front cover spread across the web like a virus. You guys are information sponges. .

You really from the PC gamer UK crew?

Nice to meet you. :)

and yeah.... we are quite obsesive here.... :D

lol, you hear that we are sponges.. :D, hopefully the funny type,, like Sponge bob square pants ;), and not the type that sits in a sink soaking up suds.

Sorry to disappoint you clarky, that's the exact same reply several people (including me) got regarding multiplayer.

Apos said:
Heh: you don't know much about gaming magazines, do you? :)

We here at hl2.net almost ALWAYS know way more about the game than the magazine people. In fact, they often get their facts from here! The only things they generally have special access to are hands-on previews with Valve, which includes seeing the game in action and getting screenshots.

And playing the game :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you clarky, that's the exact same reply several people (including me) got regarding multiplayer.

I know but I had to give it a go, I wanted to talk to rick anyway, and generally pass my praise for the game over to him and valve :)

yeh, where all crossing our fingures and hopeing it mentions something,, but im starting to doubt it a little, fingures crossed n e ways

the funker said:
Hello all,

You serious about being a PCG member? If so i live in Bath like you guys and was wondering if i could get some work experience, pm me if you could.

marksmanHL2 :) said:
You really from the PC gamer UK crew?

Nice to meet you. :)

and yeah.... we are quite obsesive here.... :D

Well we're not so much of a crew; more of a gaggle. That's a yes, btw. I'm a staff writer.

Nice to meet you all as well.

Hmm... are you happy with the new Senior Editor? Lol I like your mag but a lot of the info is old by the time I read it 'cuz word gets out on the net pretty fast. But I get the mag for the reviews of games and the funny articles :burp:

the funker said:
Well we're not so much of a crew; more of a gaggle. That's a yes, btw. I'm a staff writer.

Nice to meet you all as well.

Nice to meet you too. Any chance of a mention in the mag?! Half-life 2 mania in the best HL2 forum?! I should get special credit for getting a decent image of the cover at least!! C'mon! :imu: We need more infoooo!!! :imu:

RoguePsi said:
Nice to meet you too. Any chance of a mention in the mag?! Half-life 2 mania in the best HL2 forum?! I should get special credit for getting a decent image of the cover at least!! C'mon! :imu: We need more infoooo!!! :imu:

Well, I'm rounding up HL2 news, and I may drop the forum name in the story.

(I work on the UK edition, just so you guys know)

Yay PCG is the best ... esp the UK mag :) [I subscribe]
And I'm going to Bath tomorrow, not that that makes any difference anyway seeing as I have no idea where the Future Pub HQ is, and most are freelancers, no?
Anyways, this thread will probably come alive tomorrow with lots of info (hopefully)

That would be great if we got a mention in PC Gamer UK.

That would probably mean a whole new wave of users who are intelligent enough to read and appreciate the writen word and not just leet speak....*Shuder*

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading the latest edition. I have been doing exams for the past few weeks and it will be a welcome change. :)

marksmanHL2 :) said:
That would probably mean a whole new wave of users who are intelligent enough to read and appreciate the writen word and not just leet speak....*Shuder*

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading the latest edition. I have been doing exams for the past few weeks and it will be a welcome change. :)

So close....

Well, I'm rounding up HL2 news, and I may drop the forum name in the story.

Hey, HL2.net gots' the biggest repository of HL2 info anywhere on the net in the info thread, all collected and submitted by fans and in many cases confirmed as true by the moderators. Course it deserves a shout out! :)

Kirkburn said:
Yay PCG is the best ... esp the UK mag :) [I subscribe]
And I'm going to Bath tomorrow, not that that makes any difference anyway seeing as I have no idea where the Future Pub HQ is, and most are freelancers, no?
Anyways, this thread will probably come alive tomorrow with lots of info (hopefully)

Not until Friday, that is when the issue hits the stores.

alright, i kinda want a blurb of the thread b/c i'm to lazy to read the whole thing, what did the pc gamer guy say?
the article is about cs:source only and no other mp, or what?

Yes, about CS:S and the other mods going to source, im sure a few new things about it but nothing BIG. PC GAMER US is bringing an issue beginning-mid july which might reveal new things but i'm not sure.

tokin said:
Yes, about CS:S and the other mods going to source, im sure a few new things about it but nothing BIG. PC GAMER US is bringing an issue beginning-mid july which might reveal new things but i'm not sure.

mid-july???
wow, there goes my hope that it would come out before august

I'm thinking late August-October and if not, then a Xmas release/2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back