HL2 Multiplayer

Homercidal said:
Uh, you guys do realize that the email I posted was one that I created and NOT from Gabe? It was just a sample to show how easy it is fake an email. That is why moderators contact the source before posting that stuff.

Sorry if I mislead any, I posted just before that explaining that I could fake an email and assumed you would catch on right away.

Believe you me, I'm as disappointed in the lack of MP as much as anyone.

Once again, I apologize.

/me sighs
u should not have done that :(
bahh :|

Now why would you do that? Even if your reason is valid you're still crazy. Just look at your name.

Letters said:
Ahhh... damn you! :p I didn't realize...

Anyway, get an avatar! That way I'd know it was the same person!

Yes, I do need an avatar.. anyway, sorry again. I just posted that I could do a better fake like two threads before!! I should have realized that some would sleep right through the boring stuff and go straight for the BS....

Well. Hopefully we will hear more about the game once the Gold anouncement is made and someone leaks a copy onto the.... retail stores..

DC9884 said:
Now why would you do that? Even if your reason is valid you're still crazy. Just look at your name.

I got me name from playing Duke3D with the Simpsons Voice Pack. Just kind of came to me. A Simpsons mod for HL2 would be cool...

I reckon a good MP would be Humans vs Combine, where you can pilot a strider if combine, and buggie as human.

Can you imagine it, *can* you!? I have faith that Valve will do a proper MP.

QUOTE:

CS: Source will be the only multiplayer available at the release of HL2. This does not mean that there will be no HL2 DM.

Thank you for your question.

END QUOTE

LOL. Now read this carefully:

"available AT the release of HL2."

This could go along with my favourite idea:

A HL2 MP will be unlocked as soon as you have completed the game, which makes perfect sense as they will give away some of the weaps in the MP.

TOLD YOU SO! :thumbs:

fluX said:
QUOTE:

CS: Source will be the only multiplayer available at the release of HL2. This does not mean that there will be no HL2 DM.

END QUOTE

A HL2 MP will be unlocked as soon as you have completed the game, which makes perfect sense as they will give away some of the weaps in the MP.

Didn't the person who posted that admit it as fake?

fluX said:
QUOTE:

END QUOTE

Its fake..

This does not mean that there will be no HL2 DM.

Lots of ways to interpret that.

"This does not mean that there will be no HL2 DM [since someone will mod it anyway].

"This does not mean that there will be no HL2 DM [because it will be released via Steam as a patch].

"This does not mean that there will be no HL2 DM [because we called it HL2 DDDM. DDDM is for Double Duluxe Death Match]."

"This does not mean that there will be no HL2 DM [expansion pack like, next summer or whenever, for the low price of $29.95. Order now through steam and get a Half Life 2 iron-on and a Headcrab Baseball Cap as bonus gifts]."

McP485 said:
Lots of ways to interpret that.

"This does not mean that there will be no HL2 DM [expansion pack like, next summer or whenever, for the low price of $29.95. Order now through steam and get a Half Life 2 iron-on and a Headcrab Baseball Cap as bonus gifts]."

LOL. You should apply for a Job at Valve HQ. Ask Doug.

we got jipped by gabe. HL2 has no multiplayer at all. (a 6 year old mod hardly counts)

I think that if Valve doesn't provide us with Deathmatch, then we storm their headquarters and play our own version!! YEAH!!!

he he... j/k.

Well, I'm pretty much over the whole MP thing. It's obviously too late for them to change their minds, so we'll just have to live with their decision.

This is damn good news,!! even if they release it in an expansion and charge us for it, i really don't care!! I can't wait to see hldm2, been highly anticipating it.

Can hardly wait! :D

yay :bounce:

Now confirmation of the lack of a HL2 themed MP by Valve yet :)

Back