HL2 Multiplayer?

It's called Counterstrike : Source. There is no HL2 themed MP at the moment.

Yep Jez is right. But I am sure one will be there soon enough when the mod community gets into full blast...

soxx said:
Valve will be releasing information on Half-Life 2's multiplayer soon.

Not as far as I know. They've already confirmed there is no plan for an HL2 themed multiplayer. The multiplayer Valve is doing is CS:S, DOD:S, and Team Fortress 2.

Neutrino said:
Not as far as I know. They've already confirmed there is no plan for an HL2 themed multiplayer. The multiplayer Valve is doing is CS:S, DOD:S, and Team Fortress 2.

They are still working on HL2 multiplayer, and most signs point towards TF2 as being the big surprise Valve has been talking about. They have been trying to keep this as secret as possible to surprise the fans, and so far it has worked. I think Valve decided they needed to release the single player part of the game and not worry about multiplayer until after its release.

This multiplayer game seems to have a chance of being HL2-themed.

soxx said:
They are still working on HL2 multiplayer, and most signs point towards TF2 as being the big surprise Valve has been talking about. They have been trying to keep this as secret as possible to surprise the fans, and so far it has worked.

Valve stated long ago that TF2 would a stand alone product, meaning u would have to purchase it separately.. it is not a mod ;)
so i don't see how TF2 can be the surprise, this of course going by what Valve has said.

Dr. Freeman said:
Valve stated long ago that TF2 would a stand alone product, meaning u would have to purchase it separately.. it is not a mod ;)
so i don't see how TF2 can be the surprise, this of course going by what Valve has said.
I didn't mean to imply that HL2 multiplayer would be released for free as a mod, but rather that many things point to the TF2 project as being the multiplayer everyone is looking for.

Back